DK Metcalf

6 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Dk aj brown and Moore all played together  if I’m not mistaken, would be a dream to get both 

Either of them would be great and for once we might have the inside track on the human end since both Dk and AJ love Elijah.

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, Lupz27 said:

Would you give Seattle back their #10 pick for him, and do you think that would be enough if he is even available (think they have what they think is a good plan at QB not sure what).

Metcalf seems like a pipe dream but what do you think it would cost if available.

Man Moore and Metcalf would bring a compete level the Jets haven’t seen in over a decade.

I’d offer the Seahawks for us to take on the rest of Adams’ bloated crappy contract to get DK Metcalf 

14 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

I’d offer the Seahawks for us to take on the rest of Adams’ bloated crappy contract to get DK Metcalf 

Except Metcalf isn’t worth $40MM/year. Until the recent Kirk & Adams & Hill contracts happened it was no slam dunk he was worth an extension for half that plus a 2nd rounder.

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Except Metcalf isn’t worth $40MM/year. Until the recent Kirk & Adams & Hill contracts happened it was no slam dunk he was worth an extension for half that plus a 2nd rounder.

That Kirk deal.  Metcalf and other 2nd tier wrs will get to play off of it for sure.  If we do something like this, I'd prefer AJ Brown.  Adams/Hill are in an alternative dimension, so that's a different discussion.  

• Upvote 1

I can definitely see Metcalf on the move before AJ Brown. It looks like Seattle is rebuilding but not really sure? They have no QB and even if they get Mayfield they're not competing in that division for anything for a couple of years.

As awesome as Metcalf is I wonder how he would fit into this offense which really emphasizes route running and timing. DK is a physical beast but those 2 aspects of the offense are not necessarily is forte. We'll see.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That Kirk deal.  Metcalf and other 2nd tier wrs will get to play off of it for sure.  If we do something like this, I'd prefer AJ Brown.  Adams/Hill are in an alternative dimension, so that's a different discussion.  

It’s gotten so crazy I’m not so confident that Davis is cut after this year. It’s like $10MM for year 3, so unless he’s completely useless on the field (or never sees it) cutting is unlikely.

At that salary Douglas might even get a pick for him if this offseason’s next WR acquisition looks decent enough that Davis would drop out of the starting lineup.

Otherwise he'd be worth keeping as depth that isn’t insane pricing, that keeps forcing everyone to produce because we have other options. Plus… a long, 17 game regular season; plus playoffs we’re supposed to be at least preparing to play in; plus it keeps fresh legs all around (and not forcing injured guys back out there) without putting an obvious decoy-level guy out there; plus he might not suck and/or miss half the season again.

• Upvote 3

On 3/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Mims does remind me a lot of DK Metcalf.

Where did you hear this? Just curious.

Honestly don’t recall if I heard it on a talk show or read it here or a blog just recall hearing it, and it’s not my info I don’t have a clue either way.  From what I’ve seen Metcalf a stud and even if he isn’t a great route runner he proven he can take over a game some how and if our offensive coaches can’t adjust to make him work then we may not have the right offensive coaches ??‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Confirmed!! Jets have made a trade offer to Seattle for DK. Seattle might not like doing business with jets after the last heist. 
Wow! Pats in on this also. 

Where did you hear or see this? 

• Upvote 1

I like DK Metcalf a lot and always think of him chasing down Budda Baker on that pick 6 whenever I hear his name. The ultimate hustle play right there.

That said, he definitely sends off some big-time diva vibes. I wouldn't hate the move at all but I'm not sure I would all-in love it.

DK does seem like the most likely receiver to get traded. If JD can somehow swing the same compensation package that he did for Hill, then I think that trigger gets pulled in a hurry

• Upvote 1

The problem with this is that SEA has one of the largest cap space numbers in 2023 in the league.  They really have no reason to move him if they want to keep him beyond this year.  They can certainly afford the hit.  What they might be after is more high draft picks next year so they can attempt to move up for Young or Stroud in the 2023 draft.

31 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The problem with this is that SEA has one of the largest cap space numbers in 2023 in the league.  They really have no reason to move him if they want to keep him beyond this year.  They can certainly afford the hit.  What they might be after is more high draft picks next year so they can attempt to move up for Young or Stroud in the 2023 draft.

If I was GM I would offer Seattle the 2023 1st rounder. Then I would focus on the defense with picks 4&10.

1 minute ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

If I was GM I would offer Seattle the 2023 1st rounder. Then I would focus on the defense with picks 4&10.

This would be an interesting strategy. Give up our 1 next year then load up in the draft this year, maybe recoup a 1 next year in a trade back. I think I like it. 

4 picks in the top 38 and getting DK for the price of next years 1 could bring back dramatic returns in the W column if JD picks well.

4 hours ago, Drums said:

If we weren’t parting with a first for Hill, no way in hell we do for DK. Good. 

I thought report was JD offered 10overall and one of the 2nd rounders… can’t remember which one but. lol hen changed to the 2 seconds and 3rd because KC wanted more picks