What WRers are available for trade?

What about Adam Thielin?  Had a few injuries and not as big stat wise as before Jefferson arrived.  He is being paid well but not rating the kind of gross wr contracts we have seen.  He has scored a whopping 24 tds the last two years in 28 games. Vikings may feel they want to spend the money paying him elsewhere.  His age is a minus for sure but he was still good last year until he got hurt.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Drums said:

I do wonder now if Seattle saw this compensation and raised an eye brow, perhaps momentarily warming up to trading DK. 

Trading for DK will rival the Pennington era for conflict.

The ones calling for destiny to Intervene on DK’s behalf are largely RedZone channel enthusiasts. He drops balls, runs wrong routes, gets penalties etc. it’s why they’re listening. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, derp said:

That is Drake London’s only career play over 50 yards.

and herein lies the answer to why Joe continues to search for WR1, as there is no Chase or Waddle in this class--

• London; can he be more than an inside possession guy?
  • Williams; lots of "we haven't seen him do it" parts of the craft
  • Treylon; athletically near his ceiling. 
  • Wilson; mostly clean, but isn't overly physical, and can get "tangled" up

All decent prospects in their own right., But no blue chip "pick me!" options

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Seriously? I’m not even his biggest fan, but some of these thankless takes on JN deserve a soft serve straight out of my butt hole. 

indeed

the board looks like a bunch of maroons today. embarrassing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Seriously? I’m not even his biggest fan, but some of these thankless takes on JN deserve a soft serve straight out of my butt. 

Well, you would think we didn't sign anyone over the entire F/A period so far the way some people are bitching.

Has the WR situation gone well?  No.  Lets see how it plays out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

and herein lies the answer to why Joe continues to search for WR1, as there is no Chase or Waddle in this class--

Only Burks and maybe London, maybe maybe Williams (plus Bell but he emphatically didn’t tick the physical tools box) have traditionally appealing production profiles and nobody’s had a particularly impressive athletic profile yet. Burks is still my favorite and he’s raw.

I liked Justin Jefferson more than average the year he came out, thought he was a remarkably clean prospect, so there’s a little bias - but I don’t think anyone in this class is even close to him as a prospect. And he went in the 20’s.

Like you said they’re all talented, reasons they might play well early, but no standouts in the group.

• Upvote 3

There really isn’t any Good young receivers attached to a losing team that’s going to realistically trade with us outside of Metcalf…

And as I looked through the list of top 30 receivers in the league I gotta say- I don’t think this league has a lot. I wasn’t really impressed. 

We suck man, This one hurt today. Hill woulda been awesome for Zach and for this offense. Instead he ****in goes to the same offense in Miami. No FA will ever pick us over them - this won’t be the last time we go after the same free agents - our philosophies are too similar. 

we suck 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Trading for DK will rival the Pennington era for conflict.

The ones calling for destiny to Intervene on DK’s behalf are largely RedZone channel enthusiasts. He drops balls, runs wrong routes, gets penalties etc. it’s why they’re listening. 

If Seattle can get Hill type comp, I'd assume they send his ass packing. JD won't get the wool pulled over his eyes but someone else might. I'm not upset over the Hill situation, maybe because I saw the trade before I knew the Jets were interested, I am not losing sleep over it. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

There really isn’t any Good young receivers attached to a losing team that’s going to realistically trade with us outside of Metcalf…

And as I looked through the list of top 30 receivers in the league I gotta say- I don’t think this league has a lot. I wasn’t really impressed. 

We suck man, This one hurt today. Hill woulda been awesome for Zach and for this offense. Instead he ****in goes to the same offense in Miami. No FA will ever pick us over them - this won’t be the last time we go after the same free agents - our philosophies are too similar. 

we suck 

It’s a shame that Michael Thomas carried so much dead cap money, and that Calvin Ridley is suspended. Probably could have ended up with one of them.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Members of JN are being willfully ignorant. He planned to go hard for Mike Williams and Calvin Ridley. Had to pivot. Checked out Cooper but it wasn’t meant to be. Went all in on Hill. The fkc else do you want? Just signing anyone?? He went after the right guys. 

How about we collectively stop pretending we could do a better job. I get why there’s this mentally born of the previous ineptitude but I’m giving it….room to breath

I think we are talking about the same thing?  I'm pretty sure?

Just my opinion. I would kick the tires on these 2 Wrs to see if they are available. Both are clearly #2 receivers on their own team. Both are young and would be a great compliment to Moore.
Tee Higgins & Brandon Aiyuk
Don’t really know what fair compensation would be but we do have some draft capitol this year

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Originally posted on FanNation Jaguar Report 
By John Shipley  |  Last updated 3/23/22

With a number of NFL wide receivers on the trade block this offseason, is there a chance a Jacksonville Jaguars wideout could be one of the next players dealt?  

Jaguars general manager Trent Baalke threw cold water on the chances of third-year wide receiver Laviska Shenault being dealt at the NFL Scouting Combine earlier this month, but a recent report suggests this may not be the case after a free agency frenzy at the position. 

"The WR market still has dominoes to fall. There's been talk of the Jaguars moving Laviska Shenault," wrote Ben Standig of The Athletic on Wednesday in the wake of the Tyreek Hill trade. "He'd be a good fit with the Tyreek Hill-less Chiefs."

Shenault potentially being seen throughout the league as a trade target wouldn't be a major surprise considering the Jaguars made big additions at wide receiver in free agency, signing Christian Kirk Christian Kirk (four-year, $72 million deal with $37 million guaranteed), Zay Jones (three-year, $24 million deal with $14 million guaranteed) and tight end Evan Engram (one-year, $9 million deal with $8.25 million guaranteed). 

It also wouldn't be the first time Shenault was rumored as a potential trade piece, especially in the wake of the Jaguars signing Kirk, who majors as a slot receiver just like Shenault does.

The understanding in Jacksonville is teams have called the Jaguars about Shenault, but the Jaguars do not appear to be in a rush to send the former second-round pick away for nothing. 

“Not at all – I don’t know where that would come from," Baalke said at the NFL Scouting Combine when asked if the team was looking to move on from Shenault. 

"We are very high on Laviska. He does a lot of good things."

Shenault, the No. 42 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, caught 58 passes for 600 yards and five touchdowns on the NFL's worst team as a rookie but saw his numbers take a step backward last season.

In 16 games, Shenault caught 63 passes for 619 yards and zero touchdowns, bringing his yards per catch mark down from 10.3 to 9.8 and his yards per target figure down from 7.6 to 6.2. Shenault's catch percentage also took a big hit; after catching 73.4% of his targets in 2020, he caught just 63% in 2021 as Pro Football Reference credited him with eight drops. 

"He is an interesting … Obviously at his size and his speed and the things that he can do, we have to find ways to get him the ball," Baalke said.

"That is not my job – that is Coach [Pederson’s] job. That would be a great question for [Coach Pederson], but by no means has the ship sailed on Laviska

E33BBD70-76C9-4A90-84AE-16D27F3E3ACC.thumb.png.9983433d97b8f12d234b0a5c134c2699.png