Mekhi Becton Should Be Worried

As a Becton optimist, the last 1-2 months have had me worried. Becton should absolutely be worried that Neal or Icky will be drafted at #4 to replace him. 

Original Thought so take it with a grain of salt: 

If I were Becton, and I was making the progress I should be this off-season, I would be posting more dynamic workouts on my social media to elevate my job security and keep the media/staff off my back. I would be transparent and let folks know i am at or near ideal playing weight and ready to roll come OTA’s. 

If I were Becton, and I wasn’t making great progress, I would post triceps push downs and farmers carries on social media. I’d also not share my weight loss progress and  keep workout tape at a minimum to maintain some level of secrecy to help my job security. 

Am I missing something or are the crickets on rehab from Becton and the team just 2 weeks before the draft super concerning? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

As a Becton optimist, the last 1-2 months have had me worried. Becton should absolutely be worried that Neal or Icky will be drafted at #4 to replace him. 

If I were Becton, and I was making the progress I should be this off-season, I would be posting more dynamic workouts on my social media to elevate my job security and keep the media/staff off my back. I would be transparent and let folks know i am at or near ideal playing weight and ready to roll come OTA’s. 

If I were Becton, and I wasn’t making great progress, I would post triceps push downs and farmers carries on social media. I’d also not share my weight loss progress and  keep workout tape at a minimum to maintain some level of secrecy to help my job security. 

Am I missing something or are the crickets on rehab from Becton and the team just 2 weeks before the draft super concerning? 

Dude was doing farmer walk with +400 lbs. haha …

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

How do you know he is not being transparent with the coaching staff and front office?

Did I state that? "Folks" is being overly general, yes.

By that I mean id like to not hear from his nutritionist about being "under 400". Id like to hear form his Head Coach that he is going to be ready by spring training. Smoke and mirrors from the Jets with the draft coming up maybe? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If I were Becton, I'd quit all social media because social media is f'ing stupid and the people on it are f'ing stupid, and just focus on being the best football player I could be.

Becton isn't the Zapruder Film.  Stop treating him like he is.

Couldn't agree more. He can quit video games whiles he's at it.  

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Becton needs to start posting shirtless mirror pics / selfies. So we can analyze his body fat percentage. It's very important

Now, now. No one wants to see that.

Id like to know how he is doing leading up to draft night, since we haven't seen hide nor hair of him since week 1 of 2021.

Although an only fans for Big and Tall Studz may be in his future. 

23 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

WTF dude, you know you need to post a picture of your abs before you talk about Becton.

MODS!

18 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I think Fant is the odd man out, if the Jets draft Icky. And if he is available that's what is going to happen.

I then believe the Jets will draft WR with Wilson or Williams unless Thibs is there at. Then trade back into the 1st for an edge whether its Johnson or Mafe, If they draft Thibs at 10 then Olave/Williams/London with a move up back into the 1st.

Travis Jones will be the 2nd round pick out of UConn

He needs to start posting pics of huge plates of fried chicken, mashed potato with gravy, huge cups of soda, salty snacks, snicker bars and a napkin that says fkkk lettuce.

Just to be sarcastic......and come to camp in better shape than the combine.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

Didn't JD say something to the extent of- we are going into the draft assuming Becton will be a starting tackle for us in 2022? I mean, isn't that as transparent as JD can possibly get to secure Becton's place on the roster? 

I mean, the way you're presenting the argument, shouldn't Davis, Lawson, even Fant (who got hurt and is in a contract year) ALL be worried for their roster spot then- to potentially be replaced by a high draft pick- an Edge, WR, O-lineman? Why aren't the coaches talking about them? Do we need workout videos from them to make sure they are recovering well?   

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Didn't JD say something to the extent of- we are going into the draft assuming Becton will be a starting tackle for us in 2022? I mean, isn't that as transparent as JD can possibly get to secure Becton's place on the roster? 

I mean, the way you're presenting the argument, shouldn't Davis, Lawson, even Fant (who got hurt and is in a contract year) ALL be worried for their roster spot then- to potentially be replaced by a high draft pick- an Edge, WR, O-lineman? Why aren't the coaches talking about them? Do we need workout videos from them to make sure they are recovering well?   

A thorough and collected rebuttal that has made my original thought now feel like a donkey brained thought.

I did not know JD said that.

You have successfully talked me off the edge. Thank you sir. 

5 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

A thorough and collected rebuttal that has made my original thought now feel like a donkey brained thought.

I did not know JD said that.

You have successfully talked me off the edge. Thank you sir. 

And yet our positions of need remain- Edge, WR, OT depth. So....