Bob Wischusen concern

Only the real superstar broadcasters make the big bucks and can afford to hold only one gig down. For years, Marv Albert announced for how many teams/events? When he got to the big time/national network level, he was then able to pick his spots, until his underwear modeling gig got him into some hot water. Somehow, that was a conflict. Nowadays, they might even pay him on OnlyFans. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

He’s broadcasting NHL and NCAA football and basketball for ESPN. Shouldn’t the voice of the Jets be exclusively focused on the Jets? You don’t see Bob Papa doing non Giants stuff. 

Papa does SiriusXM, Champions Tour Golf and sometimes boxing.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

He’s broadcasting NHL and NCAA football and basketball for ESPN. Shouldn’t the voice of the Jets be exclusively focused on the Jets? You don’t see Bob Papa doing non Giants stuff. 

Also on the PGA golf this week

Robert L. "Bob" Papa (born September 19, 1964) is an American sportscaster who is currently the radio play-by-play voice for the New York Giants of the National Football League. Papa also is the lead broadcaster for PGA Tour Champions events on Golf Channel and has been the blow-by-blow announcer on many professional boxing telecasts, notably for ESPN and for HBO’s Boxing After Dark series.

5 minutes ago, TommyT said:

This is actually a thread????????

Exactly. Anyone have the latest news about the hotdog vendor at Metlife? Or what's the newest ongoing with the janitorial crew at Florham Park?

We don't know what to do with the downtime until training camp and the season. Like, why am I even checking the board?

1 hour ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

1509937627_tenor(6).gif.94afa631bbd8be3d4766d838b567920f.gif

• Post of the Week 1

Yes you do. Papa does golf. He does boxing. He does Thursday night games. He does Sirius NFL radio. I’m not sure you know how this works.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Ummmmm Bob Pooper is a giants shill and a homer. He’s not talented enough to do anything else. .  

He is a homer but I do like the fact that he opens a game by describing the uniforms down to the piping. 
paints a nice picture for radio.

reminds me of the old timers calling the games back in the 60’s and 70’s

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I never got the Wischusen appeal.  Don't like his delivery or histrionics. Overreacats way too much and bit of a homer for me.  At least he's a mile ahead of Michael Kay, who has ruined Yankee broadcasting for decades.   Just my humble opinion.

Is there a radio play by play guy who isn't a homer? Seems to be par for the course. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LongTimeJetFan said:

1. Yes you do. Bob Papa does golf and boxing 

2. This s an insane post... the man has right to earn $

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

There's "For sale, baby shoes. Never worn." and then there's this. 

This was sadder.

Huh? The Tom’s River Ground Round was incredibly Popular when I worked there. Bruce Springsteen ate there once. My friend cooked  Bruce’s ribs. 

• Sympathy 2