Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

"I got a close look at Wilson on Wednesday during OTAs at the team’s facility, and I came away with a shoulder shrug of sorts," Kaye said. "Wilson got off to a rough start in team drills as his first four passes were as follows: a throw behind Corey Davis, a throw that hovered over everyone, a clear throwaway after being flushed out of the pocket, and another bad misfire." Kaye said Wilson later completed a few nice throws over the middle and heavily targeted second-year WR Elijah Moore. By any measurement, Wilson's rookie year accuracy was disastrous. No quarterback had a worse completion rate over expected and only Justin Fields had a worst adjusted completion rate, per Pro Football Focus. Wilson, who has reportedly bulked up for his sophomore season, will have few excuses in 2022 after the Jets upgraded their pass-catching group with Garrett Wilson and their offensive line with Laken Tomlinson. "Overall, the recipe is there for Wilson to make a major jump," Kaye said. "That said, I think he’s still a massive projection at this point, especially in June of Year 2."

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10787931

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Fugging Zach haters will cling to anything negative they can link and spew. You know what? Pick pretty much any game of an elite QB and note just how many throws are not really accurate either. FFS go troll another team.

You mean the same people who ignore anything positive? 

This one is extra funny because it’s the same news from the practice report, but someone stated the same thing with more negativity, so….

NEW THREAD!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Accuracy was a serious issue last year.

It's too early to judge, but a meaningful increase in his accuracy is basically a base-level requirement for Zach to improve in 2022.

Good QB's are generally 63-65% comp. rate and higher.

55.6% just doesn't cut it.

So lets hope he gets past any early struggles in this aspect.

While what you wrote is 100% correct.  Accuracy was, IMO, far and away his biggest and most serious issue last year.  This thread is silly as it's based on 4 passes.

If it were serious he would have mentioned he was almost perfect in the 7 on 7 following.  

We'll know soon if he was able to fix it.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

While what you wrote is 100% correct.  Accuracy was, IMO, far and away his biggest and most serious issue last year.  This thread is silly as it's based on 4 passes.

If it were serious he would have mentioned he was almost perfect in the 7 on 7 following.  

We'll know soon if he was able to fix it.

To be very VERY clear, no one should be making any real judgements till after Week 1 at the very earliest.

Practice, preseason, they might be indicators of where we're headed, but what matters is games that count.

If he looks like poop and throws for 50% in week 1, then this is an entirely legit concern.

And as the year goes on, accuracy will be something I am sure we're all going to watch and evaluate.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Fugging Zach haters will cling to anything negative they can link and spew. You know what? Pick pretty much any game of an elite QB and note just how many throws are not really accurate either. FFS go troll another team.

TIL I'm a troll and a Zach hater.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

This would be meaningful to me if we didn't hear this same garbage excuse for Sanchez, Geno and Darnold the last 12 years.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1