What do you expect ?

Realistically this year I’m expecting the coaching staff first off to be better, I expect the line play whoever is out there to know who the hell to block and block them. I expect the defense to play better ( can’t get worst than aweful). I expect Wilson to show command of the offense and make less bonehead decisions with the ball. This is a young team that just got younger so I don’t look for many more wins than last year especially with the tough schedule early. 

I honestly have no idea.  They could start 3-1 and I would not be surprised because "of course, JD added a lot of core peices and Zach is in year 2 of the system, looks good!".  They could start 0-4 and "yeah, I'm cheering for the Jets here, why should i expect different?"

I expect at minimum wildcard contention in December.  Everything revolves
around Wilson making good decisions because he has no excuses:

- Potential Top 10 OLine 
- At least three deep at every skill position
- An OC who showed creativity as his experience increased

And on defense the DLine has multiple pass rushers and the secondary has
potential shutdown playmakers.  Fans need to stop "punting" years away
and finally have expectations to win

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I expect at minimum wildcard contention in December.  Everything revolves
around Wilson making good decisions because he has no excuses:
- Potential Top 10 OLine 
- At least three deep at every skill position
- An OC who showed creativity as his experience increased
And on defense the DLine has multiple pass rushers and the secondary has
potential shutdown playmakers.  Fans need to stop "punting" years away

You're assuming a lot from the planet's worst defense... they have not shown anything yet. Same with the rooks. You do remember the Summer of Blair Thomas (1990) ... right ? He was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders and was actually compared to him by the announcers during the pre season.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, TommyT said:

I expecting between 4 wins to 9 wins. I am just going to wait it out.

Last year I predicted the Jets offense would be higher ranked than the D — Offense was bottom 5, defense #32… talk about a painful way to be right.

I don’t really have a “feel” for things yet this year. Don’t know what to expect.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I expect a good roster to be badly handled and Joe Douglas to intervene and save himself and the franchise.
This is how I am feeling as well .. it's really a top level management issue ... you can only cheer so loud ... this season will define Saleh. He sh*ts the bed I can see LaFleur being given the reigns to grow into the role .. that guy is getting poached in a year or two.

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is how I am feeling as well .. it's really a top level management issue ... you can only cheer so loud ... this season will define Saleh. He sh*ts the bed I can see LaFleur being given the reigns to grow into the role .. that guy is getting poached in a year or two.

Saleh was brutally bad last year and he didn't do himself any favors with the way he handled the media.  He's a nice guy but the great HC are masters at using the Media to send messages to players and they understood how to game plan for the opposition.  The guy had a lot of success when he had defenses that had overwhelming mismatches in talent.  It doesn't really spark confidence.  

He's a very nice guy and you hope he turns it around.  I'm not in any way convinced we didn't jump on him because he was the popular guy in the owners mind.  

I expect an improved version of last year.  70% or so of the roster is going into year 2 of the systems, coaching and key positions are going into year 2

But

30% turnover on the 53 man means the storming,  norming,  and performing of team building will have to happen again and we are relying on a number of rooks.

Couple that to a tough schedule and several outstanding question marks, I expect a rough start followed by good games in the 2nd half. 

• Upvote 2

What do you expect ?

I expect material improvement.

I expect a team performing and producing to something akin to an average level in many areas.

I expect us NOT to have the worst starting QB in the NFL, but a QB ranked/rated closer to middle of the pack (15-16th).

I expect us NOT to have the worst Defense in Franchise history, but a Defense ranked closer to the middle of the pack.

I expect, as always, to hear an endless litany of excuses from this forum for why my expectations are simply unfair, arbitrary, veritably impossibru, and how we need to be patient, because it's only year 4 of the JD rebuild, and we can't really expect to be even close to average till at least year 5 (or 6, or 7, it'll change as each year passes...).

• Upvote 2

Improvement on both sides of the ball.

maybe 1 non competitive game because they happen but no repeat of last year.

some playmakers to surface.

how that equates to wins not a clue but my expectation was in the 6-9 range.

Having said that- Lamar scares the hell out of me week 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Fans need to stop "punting" years away

Hope for the best but Expect the worst

This team did get better but so did basically everyone else in the AFC 

Brutal schedule, young team, 4 to 6 wins 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

- Potential Top 10 OLine 

The guard position is top 10 assuming that the avt swap goes well 

McGovern is only OK

the good lines in the league know who is playing tackle and which side since last year. The very best lines have high draft picks on the bench waiting for injuries 

The Jets have a good interior and highly questionable tackles. I think they are more like 20th than 10th 

• Upvote 1

I look at everything we have done during the offseason and it seems like the franchise is moving in the right direction.  I wish I had more faith in the QB, but I do think we can have a strong, run first offense that does not put too much preessure on the QB.  The defense is going to have to be a lot better though for the team to make significant strides.  We were 3-2 last year when holding opponents to 24 or under.  1-13 otherwise.  

I am not sure what I expect other than improvement.  Meaningful games in December would be nice, but I can't say I expect it.  After the last 11 seasons, I need to see the Jets play consistently well before I will believe that they can play consistently well.

No more seasons that are over by Columbus Day, please.

• Upvote 2