Merged Becton Injury Thread

Mekhi Becton is done ...the guy is unreliable. The best ability is availability.
Would have been a nice story but let's just move on. Same thing with Denzel Mims. Some guys just can't put it all together.. it happens.
We have to put together a good football team that's what matters. Of course I want a 6 ft 8 monster at right tackle, but if the guy breaks his knees and ankles at the beginning of the year every year he's no good to us.

Exactly. He should have stopped eating the Twinkie’s and Big Macs. After he hurt the knee last year. His playing weight should be around 350 or less at his size. He is trying to do it at 385. He is done. Let’s move on. The bust that I knew he would be has come to fruition. He got paid on his rookie deal. I hope he saved that cash and did not blow it all on GTA upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Duane Brown please. 

And yes if he was 40 pounds lighter he’d have greatly reduced the force multiplier on the knee.

This has been proven incorrect many many times, yet it seems like people still believe it to be true. 

Check out this statistic based article. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/weight-and-injuries

“It's possible that injuries could be more frequent in heavier players due to the greater impact forces they suffer. For example, every step a 320-pound lineman takes puts more stress on his knees and ankles than the same step for a 210-pound receiver. But it's also possible injuries could be lower for heavier players since, in general, larger body mass is associated with more stable joints and a greater ability to absorb the extra forces to which they are subject.”

“The heaviest offensive linemen (more than 350 pounds) also exhibit lower injury rates than their lighter counterparts”

751D8D45-6DFB-415E-B8CF-4FECB85F3C91.png

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was laid up, dogged the rehab, waited too long to try and get back in shape, came in at 397, crash-dieted away 30 pounds and thought he could fake it until he made it. 

This is the occams razor answer, unless you've been indoctrinated into the cult...

1659998401918.thumb.png.0f5bfec8f44a6334c09415fcfcbbbae7.png

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

A better question might be how many games will he complete or finish. He’s played 8 full games out of 34. You sound like a dick by calling out Jet fans because they are doubtful or don’t believe in Becton. 

8 out of 34. 

when you say it like that, I want to drown myself 

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmm Let's see now

Becton and Fant get knee braces because they were "feeling discomfort".

Becton and Fant were both pulled from the Scrimmage because they were operating under a pitch count.

48 Hours later on the 2nd play of practice Becton crumples to the ground grabbing his bad knee. HC discounts it saying the knee "is stable" but he needs to get an MRI.

Do you get the feeling the MRI Report is not going to be good ?  Because I do !

I also expect Fant to shed his knee long before the end of camp. As to Becton if I were him I would entertain thoughts about what I'm going to be doing after my playing days are over.

• WTF? 1

0-4

Brown and Fant will be the starting tackles.

Becton might get a couple of starts if/when Fant gets banged up.

That’s it

And I don’t even have faith in Becton staying healthy in a swing tackle role. Max Mitchell may very well end up with more starts this year.

Becton will be playing elsewhere in 2023

I’m convinced that he could show up to practice with his fingers covered in Cheeto dust and a jelly donut sticking out of his mouth and he would still have his group of defenders.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not voting on this immediately after the injury report.

I'm a dedicated cynic, and pessimist, but even I am willing to wait for an update before blowing my proverbial brains out over Becton.

Also, the answer is clearly 42.  Duh.

42 it is ... Mr. ADAMS

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

A better question might be how many games will he complete or finish. He’s played 8 full games out of 34. You sound like a dick by calling out Jet fans because they are doubtful or don’t believe in Becton. 

I'm fine with doubtful. It's the certainty that he's a wasted pick I find absurd.

5 minutes ago, NewGuyJet said:
50 minutes ago, freestater said:

assuming the "chicken littles" are the pessimists and the "normies" are the optimists, let me ask the question: 

Which faction has been historically correct with this team?

I can't say that's nuts. You make a fine point ... but we don't know enough to be as certain that Becton is done for.