Merged Becton Injury Thread

Ok...what's the immediate next?  

For me...it's signing Duane Brown.  Give him an incentive contract that can increase in value depending on how many starts he has to play.

Saleh saying he has "faith" in backups like McDermott I hope is just stonewalling it until something gets done.  The DL seems to be feasting on these backups...especially a turnstile like McDermott.  

There's a lot of promise to this season.  And the confidence many like me have that Zach can improve significantly.  But a weakness to the OL to start off the season has good potential of getting worse as the season progresses.  It can have serious consequences.  So even if Becton avoided a serious injury...JD shouldn't allow it to get that far before he reacts. 

I know I've said JD would probably have an opportunity to get via waivers or cuts a veteran OT with starting experience.   But there's little chance he'd be anywhere as good as Brown. 

JD should take advantage of this opportunity and get Brown signed.  I'm sure they're not haggling over years on the contract.  It's just about money.     

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I take 20 lbs of your potpourri fragrance poop. 

Nobody knows what you’re talking about.

Everyone wishes you could take a little joke and move on, rather than spending the rest of the day delivering dead-flat replies.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nobody knows what you’re talking about.

Everyone wishes you could take a little joke and move on, rather than spending the rest of the day delivering dead-flat replies.

Let's move on like adults and as hard-core Jets fans..cool? 

• Haha 1

Ive said this before, but I really feel for this guy. Hes got a severe eating disorder. He either starves down to playing weight or he is binging. His metabolism is probably messed up. Each time he does this hes making it harder for the next time. I hope hes ok and has a long career, but Im not feeling too good about it with his knee. 

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Experts estimate that for every 1 pound you weigh, your knees feel the force of 3 pounds of pressure when you take a step. —So losing 10 pounds will result in 30 pounds less pressure per knee.

I wonder what amount of muscle takes the pressure off? Guy is thick,

man, nobody cranks out Jet news reaction vids as quickly as this guy

Joe Douglas has done a lot of things right of late, but this is on him

"fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me..." and all that

the season is in flames if Edoga or Mitchell or McDermott has to start.  It also becomes very difficult to evaluate everything else on the offense if the QB has no time to throw.

• Upvote 1