Merged Becton Injury Thread

23 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

When you hate enough players on the teams, balanced fans look like kool aid drinkers.

The haters are having their moment. Too much PVO has been eating at them.

We are gonna stick it in their faces when Mims scores 15 TDs this season!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not sure I believe that "Jet fans hope for the worst" is really a thing.  If anything, maybe some Jet fans feel beaten down and they deal with it by always expecting the worst (and maybe laugh at it as a way of dealing with the situation).  But that doesn't mean that they're rooting for the worst.  

I can buy this. Likely most negative Jets fans fall in this bucket.

There are the keyboard GMs too. Fans that did their youtube scouting and wanted player X but the Jets drafted player Y. And now they want to be proving right. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

this does suck. but i have no regrets about not drafting one early. i would not trade Sause, Wilson, JJ or Hall for any OL that was available at those slots because OL are a dime a dozen. you can always find a good replacement.

and guess what we have one already here. what perfect timing that Brown is here. sign him up. 

Dime a dozen……. Thats laughable. Oline is a VERY difficult position to fill.  We haven’t been able to do it well in near a decade.  Im with your theory. I LOVE our draft.  BUT lets not pretend OLINE is readily available.   

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Who knows?   As it is, Becton has started 14 games in two years.  My guess?   MRI rules him out for a bunch of time if not the year.

He also could practice this week The knee was reported as stable. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I mean this with all sincerity.  This might actually be a good thing.

No way that knee was holding up through an NFL season - This should force JD's hand to sign Brown (or trade for a T that is capable of completing a season)

If Becton is healthy this year - use him as a swing tackle - limit his reps - have him in on short yardage situations.  

Let him strengthen that knee and maybe he'll be ready to move into a starting role for the playoffs...

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I meant it in terms of going from “rolled up on” to “actually, it’s discomfort.” Exasperation by me in the moment. I have a sh*tty knee and I totally sympathize with overuse discomfort

Yea, I’m just breaking your chops. Overuse discomfort though… like 80’s wrist and Bronx’s 3 brain cells?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Experts estimate that for every 1 pound you weigh, your knees feel the force of 3 pounds of pressure when you take a step. —So losing 10 pounds will result in 30 pounds less pressure per knee.

If I was Becton's mom, I will be calling him to say sorry for overfeeding him as a child.