Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

No reason to doubt it but this has not exactly been the shining moment for these Web MDs. 

I posted it because there was a lot of certainty about the two to four week thing at first, and that has progressively become less certain as we’ve gotten closer to the surgery. Probably just the Rapoports of the world hedging their bets, but still notable.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I posted it because there was a lot of certainty about the two to four week thing at first, and that has progressively become less certain as we’ve gotten closer to the surgery. Probably just the Rapoports of the world hedging their bets, but still notable.

Yea it surprised me too, I thought that they already KNEW what it was going to be in terms of how long he'd be out, then I read yesterday that they still weren't even sure if he'd be done for the season or not

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I have already assumed that the 2 to 4 week prognostication is not real (isn't that what they said about Becton?).    And they would do the team and him a disservice by rushing him back to conform to these projections.  This season my be his last chance to show what he can do, as it hasn't looked good so far.  Ask Baker Mayfield how playing through an injury worked out for him.

• Upvote 1

Timeline: When factoring in rehab, practice, and ability to get behind the center.

2 weeks - Ridiculous 

4 weeks - Possible but not likely 

6 weeks - Most likely 

Thats the trim assumption. Anything worse then he’s done for the year. 

If I had to guess. Flacco is starting for Week 1 and 2. Zach returns at home against Cincy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Between the wait on news for Zach and the wait for news on Klecko, this is going to be a long day.

Could be tomorrow before we hear about Klecko.  He better F'in make it..

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Joe Klecko update: The 12-person senior committee meets via Zoom today to determine the 3 senior selections for the @ProFootballHOF

Those 3 need 80% of votes from the full committee (in January), but that’s considered a formality. Final 3 announced tomorrow. #Jets

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Could be tomorrow before we hear about Klecko.  He better F'in make it..

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

Joe Klecko update: The 12-person senior committee meets via Zoom today to determine the 3 senior selections for the @ProFootballHOF

Those 3 need 80% of votes from the full committee (in January), but that’s considered a formality. Final 3 announced tomorrow. #Jets

A senior committee on a Zoom call?

What could go wrong?  

image.gif.798fd6b8fb2cff9a04bd46dd73946af7.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

So it seems like there was no meniscus repair, which would have meant a long recovery time (months). It's just a question of how many weeks now- 2-3, 4-5, or 6 (at most I would think).  It is certainly reasonable for a professional athlete to be game ready in 2-4 weeks after a knee arthroscopy to clean up the meniscus.  

• Upvote 1