Jump to content

Zach Wilson: Bone Bruise AND Meniscal Tear (Out 2 to 4 Weeks)


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That makes no sense.  Even if Wilson plays great this year and the jets win the super bowl you move on because of a meniscus injury that kept him out of pre season games???

It's not even an injury to his throwing shoulder.  The overreaction to every little things these days is out of control. It's the nfl players get hurt far worse and still have really long careers. 

It makes no sense to protect the team from putting all the eggs in one basket?

Jets win the Súper bowl this year? 
 

enough with the lazy hypotheticals. My reaction is in the context of his knee injury history. It’s the same leg he sprained his PCL. Now his meniscus injury and I wouldn’t be surprised if when they go in for surgery they find more extensive injury to the PCL or ACL than predicted. If they don’t, great. My point still stands that he has knee instability and is at greater risk of another injury. That is way more a plausible hypothetical than jets winning Súper bowl. 
 

I’m not saying he’s trash we should throw away - but as GM you gotta protect the growth of the team - signs are there that we need more than Mike White and old man Joe Flacco in the wings. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That makes no sense.  Even if Wilson plays great this year and the jets win the super bowl you move on because of a meniscus injury that kept him out of pre season games???

It's not even an injury to his throwing shoulder.  The overreaction to every little things these days is out of control. It's the nfl players get hurt far worse and still have really long careers. 

Valid.

Is it possible the meniscus injury was already there - especially if they are talking trim vs suture?

Let's say it was which I think is a possibility. Then this injury becomes a bone bruise and we are not talking about two significant injuries to the same knee.

Just a thought 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

It makes no sense to protect the team from putting all the eggs in one basket?

Jets win the Súper bowl this year? 
 

enough with the lazy hypotheticals. My reaction is in the context of his knee injury history. It’s the same leg he sprained his PCL. Now his meniscus injury and I wouldn’t be surprised if when they go in for surgery they find more extensive injury to the PCL or ACL than predicted. If they don’t, great. My point still stands that he has knee instability and is at greater risk of another injury. That is way more a plausible hypothetical than jets winning Súper bowl. 
 

I’m not saying he’s trash we should throw away - but as GM you gotta protect the growth of the team - signs are there that we need more than Mike White and old man Joe Flacco in the wings. 

It makes no sense to draft another QB if Wilson plays well.  

If your point was that we should draft another qb if Wilson doesn't play well... no kidding. 

A meniscus tear that is surgically repaired is not an injury that will effect a QBs long term outlook. Neither does an acl tear the is repaired. This isn't 1985.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

It makes no sense to protect the team from putting all the eggs in one basket?

Jets win the Súper bowl this year? 
 

enough with the lazy hypotheticals. My reaction is in the context of his knee injury history. It’s the same leg he sprained his PCL. Now his meniscus injury and I wouldn’t be surprised if when they go in for surgery they find more extensive injury to the PCL or ACL than predicted. If they don’t, great. My point still stands that he has knee instability and is at greater risk of another injury. That is way more a plausible hypothetical than jets winning Súper bowl. 
 

I’m not saying he’s trash we should throw away - but as GM you gotta protect the growth of the team - signs are there that we need more than Mike White and old man Joe Flacco in the wings. 

This is pure crap...Joe Namath says hello.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, Bronx said:

Awesome! I returned home after 31 years (21 various states/10 Asia, Europe and Middle East).  You should visit PR if you haven't.  Nice meeting you. 

Hey Bronx, my phone service was dead all weekend, just seeing this now. nice meetimg you too. go jets!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It makes no sense to draft another QB if Wilson plays well.  

If your point was that we should draft another qb if Wilson doesn't play well... no kidding. 

A meniscus tear that is surgically repaired is not an injury that will effect a QBs long term outlook. Neither does an acl tear the is repaired. This isn't 1985.

Yes because often injured players just one day magically become healthy again 

 

The kid had surgery on his hand and shoulder in college too, it’s amazing some can’t see the writing on the wall 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hysterical that Wilson is flying across the continent to get a surgery that's routinely done by talented orthopedic surgeons across the NY/NJ area every day.  That must engender such warm feelings for the Jets' medical and training staffs. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Hysterical that Wilson is flying across the continent to get a surgery that's routinely done by talented orthopedic surgeons across the NY/NJ area every day.  That must engender such warm feelings for the Jets' medical and training staffs. 

How is this different than when everyone used to go to Alabama to get surgery from James Andrews? 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Hysterical that Wilson is flying across the continent to get a surgery that's routinely done by talented orthopedic surgeons across the NY/NJ area every day.  That must engender such warm feelings for the Jets' medical and training staffs. 

Yeah, hysterical.
ZW is the first player to have surgery by a Dr outside of the teams staff.   

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

How is this different than when everyone used to go to Alabama to get surgery from James Andrews? 

It isn't. It's just who is getting the surgery. It's irrational hatred of a 22-year-old kid. pure and simple.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2022 at 10:16 AM, T0mShane said:

The Jets would 1000% convince themselves that Zach can play with a dubious knee and limited mobility. I also think that if Wilson can’t move like he wants to and has to make a living from the pocket, it’s going to be catastrophic, and putting ugliness on tape will stick with him. 

You're such a ray of sunshine in my otherwise cave like life.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jets512 said:

Just as hysterical as someone having zero clue about anything (you). This bum Tom Brady once traveled to LA in 2008 to get his knee surgery done by the same doctor. That worked out well I believe. What a riot!

He is the team doctor for both the Los Angeles Dodger and Rams. Non LA players who’ve went to him for surgery in just the last 2 years include Chris Sale, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Jamal Murray. And there are many more. So funny!

Almost every MLB player who needs Tommy John surgery goes to see James Andrews. Guess they all hate their team doctors too. Hilarious!
 

Get a clue. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jgb said:

These things give you strength, padawan.

Yeah, I guess it's not "hate", but disdain.  I mean, my first real memory of the Jets was around '64/'65.   How much more can a human psyche endure?  What, the friggin' new "wunderkind" goes three minutes into the first pre-season game?  Enough already.  Win a goddam SB before they burn my decrepit corpse.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, munchmemory said:

Yeah, I guess it's not "hate", but disdain.  I mean, my first real memory of the Jets was around '64/'65.   How much more can a human psyche endure?  What, the friggin' new "wunderkind" goes three minutes into the first pre-season game?  Enough already.  Win a goddam SB before they burn my decrepit corpse.

My will requires my ashes to be dumped into the Jets Gatorade cooler if they don’t win a SB before I die.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Hysterical that Wilson is flying across the continent to get a surgery that's routinely done by talented orthopedic surgeons across the NY/NJ area every day.  That must engender such warm feelings for the Jets' medical and training staffs. 

So you want the Jets training staff operating on Zach Wilson's knee?

Give me a break.  Just finding ways to dislike this kid is bizarre at this point.  When your body might be the difference of having the opportunity of making Hundreds of millions of dollars or not getting a second contract because of injury....

You go to the best available surgeon - I don't care if they're good where you are - making a choice to go to, what you believe to be, the VERY BEST is a smart decision and certainly not personal.  

Just a really strange take here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jets512 said:

Just as hysterical as someone having zero clue about anything (you). This bum Tom Brady once traveled to LA in 2008 to get his knee surgery done by the same doctor. That worked out well I believe. What a riot!

He is the team doctor for both the Los Angeles Dodger and Rams. Non LA players who’ve went to him for surgery in just the last 2 years include Chris Sale, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Jamal Murray. And there are many more. So funny!

Almost every MLB player who needs Tommy John surgery goes to see James Andrews. Guess they all hate their team doctors too. Hilarious!
 

Get a clue. 

Andrews and Dr. James Parkes were the only surgeons doing those procedures(Tommy John, labrum, etc.) for a long time. Meniscus surgery is a groundball, medical oil change.  Going to go in with an arthroscope, take a long look and trim approriately. If it's minor, a meniscus trim can be outpatient in an office with local anesthesia. Have had both menisci done; had a brother who had Dr. Parkes do his labrum procedure, and a son who's labrum/rtc was done by Gronk's Harvard suregon at Patriot Place.NYC has some of the best hospitals in the world.  Yes, I know nothing. right! Point being there is no good reason to get this done a 5 hour plane ride away. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jets512 said:

Just as hysterical as someone having zero clue about anything (you). This bum Tom Brady once traveled to LA in 2008 to get his knee surgery done by the same doctor. That worked out well I believe. What a riot!

He is the team doctor for both the Los Angeles Dodger and Rams. Non LA players who’ve went to him for surgery in just the last 2 years include Chris Sale, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Jamal Murray. And there are many more. So funny!

Almost every MLB player who needs Tommy John surgery goes to see James Andrews. Guess they all hate their team doctors too. Hilarious!
 

Get a clue. 

GIF by FirstAndMonday

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jets512 said:

Just as hysterical as someone having zero clue about anything (you). This bum Tom Brady once traveled to LA in 2008 to get his knee surgery done by the same doctor. That worked out well I believe. What a riot!

He is the team doctor for both the Los Angeles Dodger and Rams. Non LA players who’ve went to him for surgery in just the last 2 years include Chris Sale, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Jamal Murray. And there are many more. So funny!

Almost every MLB player who needs Tommy John surgery goes to see James Andrews. Guess they all hate their team doctors too. Hilarious!
 

Get a clue. 

professional wrestling japan GIF by THE WRESTLERS

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...