Jump to content

P Matt Araiza Released by Bills (8/27) after being accused of rape with an underage girl


jetstream23
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

wow if this is true what pieces of sh*t these guys are. this is what the death penalty should be used for.....people that do things like this

Yes “if” of course, but based on this detailed complaint it sure looks like he did it & it’s particularly bad. If convicted, what does one do with such remorseless sadists — reintegrate them back into society? Is there enough time that could pass whereby anyone would want to have such a convicted predator live next door to one’s family or friends? Let him out when she stops remembering being raped. Since that’ll be never…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Araiza is not subject to punishment from the NFL because the alleged assault happened before he was drafted. Alleged misconduct that occurs before a player enters the NFL is not included in the terms of the league's Personal Conduct Policy agreed to by the players union.
 

This will fall solely on the hands of Bills

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-punter-matt-araiza-accused-of-rape-in-civil-lawsuit-in-california/article_171ae48a-24c9-11ed-b936-13efce9cffa9.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legal age of consent is 18 in California.

She told him she was in HS.

He admitted to having sex with her.

Why isn't that enough probable cause to support an arrest or at the very least a search warrant to get his DNA?  I'm assuming the girl and her friends reported it right away so she should have been seen by medical professionals who would have conducted a sexual assault exam and collected possible specims to hopefully get some dna from the perpetrators.

Mind boggling.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

College football should be destroyed
It is a joke ... they should just create a pro pony league and separate it completely from higher education. No one is getting fooled anymore. Especially since they can get paid for their names now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy sh*t .. if any of that is true this guy should.be sent to prison for life and locked up with the inmates with the largest cocks looking for some action.

Absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Bunch of losers. 

Rams should take swift actions against Donald, at least 4 games. On the other hand, the Bills will probably wait for the outcome of the case before taking any action.  Disgusting.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Legal age of consent is 18 in California.

She told him she was in HS.

He admitted to having sex with her.

Why isn't that enough probable cause to support an arrest or at the very least a search warrant to get his DNA?  I'm assuming the girl and her friends reported it right away so she should have been seen by medical professionals who would have conducted a sexual assault exam and collected possible specims to hopefully get some dna from the perpetrators.

Mind boggling.

Some laws allow for underage sex as long as the 'offender' is not more than a yr or 2 older than the victim. She was 17, him probably 18. There's a lot of 18 yr olds dating 17 yr olds, so the sex by itself probably isn't a huge crime. Unless, of course, it was forced. He said She said. Outside of witnesses or other evidence (cell phone vids?) he'll probably walk. Or punt, as it may be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Some laws allow for underage sex as long as the 'offender' is not more than a yr or 2 older than the victim. She was 17, him probably 18. There's a lot of 18 yr olds dating 17 yr olds, so the sex by itself probably isn't a huge crime. Unless, of course, it was forced. He said She said. Outside of witnesses or other evidence (cell phone vids?) he'll probably walk. Or punt, as it may be.

This was last year.  He was 21.  Romeo and Juliet clause definitely is not applicable in this case.  And I suspect there's a whole lot more wrong here than what you characterized.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Some laws allow for underage sex as long as the 'offender' is not more than a yr or 2 older than the victim. She was 17, him probably 18. There's a lot of 18 yr olds dating 17 yr olds, so the sex by itself probably isn't a huge crime. Unless, of course, it was forced. He said She said. Outside of witnesses or other evidence (cell phone vids?) he'll probably walk. Or punt, as it may be.

Some laws yes...but not California.

With respect to the crime of statutory rape in California, the age of consent it 18.  There are no "Romeo & Juliet" exceptions.   

Age does come into consideration with respect to how the crime is charged.  If the defendant is no more than 3 years older than the victim, the crime gets charged as a misdemeanor.  If, as in this case, the defendant is more than 3 years older, the defendant can be charged with a felony.

Araiza was 21 at the time, the victim was 17.

Araiza's only possible defense to a statutory rape charge is that he reasonably believed she was 18 at the time.  For instance, if she showed him a fake id that had her age at 18+ is one possible way for him get out of a statutory rape charge.

Nevertheless, this is not just statutory rape.  With statutory rape, consent is not an issue.  Here the allegations are that she was incapable of giving consent because she was so drunk.  So even if he reasonably believed she was 18, it's illegal to have sex with her if she's so drunk she cannot give actual consent.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Some laws allow for underage sex as long as the 'offender' is not more than a yr or 2 older than the victim. She was 17, him probably 18. There's a lot of 18 yr olds dating 17 yr olds, so the sex by itself probably isn't a huge crime. Unless, of course, it was forced. He said She said. Outside of witnesses or other evidence (cell phone vids?) he'll probably walk. Or punt, as it may be.

Article is reporting left with bloody face, ripped out belly ring and bloody vagina .... after being led to gang rape by Araiza.

Edited by Dunnie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Any truth to this at all I hope they just cut him and let him take his medicine alone. I'm shocked Beane knew about the accusations and kept him anyway

Why are you shocked?
 

This league is about $ and those who can generate it.

Oh wait you are probably one of those poor souls that believe in that “character” crap literally every organization in the nfl preaches 


😂🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Why are you shocked?
 

This league is about $ and those who can generate it.

Oh wait you are probably one of those poor souls that believe in that “character” crap literally every organization in the nfl preaches 


😂🤣

But for a punter?

The Bills had to know this was going to get out. You know bad press is coming - why put up with it for a punter? The risk/reward seems off. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Why are you shocked?
 

This league is about $ and those who can generate it.

Oh wait you are probably one of those poor souls that believe in that “character” crap literally every organization in the nfl preaches 


😂🤣

I'm shocked he would do that for a punter. Everyone knows superstars like Watson get defended by their team. Generally the amount of support a player garners from his organisation is in direct proportion to his talent and what he can do for the team.

For a punter to be kept by his team (a team that doesn't even punt all that much) after such a terrible accusation and apparently a large body of evidence, it definitely seems strange

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, slimjasi said:

But for a punter?

The Bills had to know this was going to get out. You know bad press is coming - why put up with it for a punter? The risk/reward seems off. 

Exactly. I heard they knew this was coming down a month ago. I can't imagine they called him into a room and said "is this true?" and after he said no they said thanks and let him go back to practice. 

As a fan I hope they have some info that proves he wasn't involved, but as someone who has spent months being disgusted at the whole Watson situation I hope if there is any truth to it at all that they just cut the guy and wash their hands of him. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But for a punter?

The Bills had to know this was going to get out. You know bad press is coming - why put up with it for a punter? The risk/reward seems off. 

the bills knew about the accusations and potential charges

 

what does this tell you?

pretty obvious to me 

him being a punter… okay?

can he not help them win????? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

the bills knew about the accusations and potential charges

 

what does this tell you?

pretty obvious to me 

him being a punter… okay?

can he not help them win????? 
 

Sure, but it just seems like an insane risk/reward calculation from the Buffalo's perspective. 

Even if the Bills are run by worst people on earth, it still doesn't make sense that they hung onto this guy knowing this stuff was coming to light sooner or later.  

Just seems like a major oversight on their part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but it just seems like an insane risk/reward calculation from the Buffalo's perspective. 

Even if the Bills are run by worst people on earth, it still doesn't make sense that they hung onto this guy knowing this stuff was coming to light sooner or later.  

Just seems like a major oversight on their part. 

It doesn’t make sense? 
 

Well it happened

reports are the bills knew about this before reports came out and guess what…

the creep is still on the team as we type 

idk why you are twisting yourself into this pretzel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It doesn’t make sense? 
 

Well it happened

reports are the bills knew about this before reports came out and guess what…

the creep is still on the team as we type 

idk why you are twisting yourself into this pretzel

Why are you so upset? 

No one is twisting anything - we are just commenting on how strange it is that the Bills would take a chance on this guy at all. 

Take a chill pill. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...