2 major advantages the NY Jets have over the Baltimore Ravens

LIJetsFan

11 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Robertito needs to spark these guys from the get-go. A slow start and sloppy game should be a direct indictment on the coach.

We could beat the Ravens with creative blitzs packages that are known to slowdown Lamar Jackson. 

If our D struggles mightily throughout the season, JD should really look at firing both Saleh and Ulbrich. LaFleur seems more competitive than Saleh and should take over the team eventually. 

That pretty much sums up my sentiments on our CS as well. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Cojones-less Robertito needs to spark these guys from the get-go. A slow start and sloppy game should be a direct indictment on the coach.

We could beat the Ravens with creative blitzs packages that are known to slowdown Lamar Jackson. 

If our D struggles mightily throughout the season, JD should really look at firing both Saleh and Ulbrich. LaFleur seems more competitive than Saleh and should take over the team eventually. 

I would love for the team to look prepared from the opening set of downs but I have serious doubts about Robert Saleh and his ability to do such things. He talks a good game though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure how you look at a Baltimore secondary featuring Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton, Chuck Clark, Marcus Peters, and Marlon Humphrey and say “haha, we can cook those guys up with Tyler Conklin.”

Humphry, Peters and Clark are extremely over rated and were statistically average at best.... Peters didn't even play last year... the only great player is Williams... and sorry even the best safety in the game can be beat with average players around him.... Hamilton is an unknown but typically it takes safeties a few years to adjust to pros... but please tell me how good the 32nd DB team in the NFL is so good.

• Sympathy 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure how you look at a Baltimore secondary featuring Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton, Chuck Clark, Marcus Peters, and Marlon Humphrey and say “haha, we can cook those guys up with Tyler Conklin.”

Right.  Just because the Jets finally have some NFL caliber TEs on the roster (after years of dogsh-t), it doesn't mean we can start expecting Gronk-in-his-prime type production.  These guys (Conklin/Uzomah) were free agents.  In other words, allowed to walk by their previous teams.  

3 hours ago, slats said:

So all of the Jets’ advantages in this game are players new to the team and/or rookies? This is why, when the schedule came out, I was glad the Jets didn’t have any divisional games the first month of the season. I’m not so sure how advantageous these players are gonna be in their first action with the team. I hope they all prove to be core players over the course of the season, but week one? Tall order. 

Those are nice observations, ty.

• Upvote 1

Accurate on Jets TE's and ball carriers...  BUT.   Those assets are underpinned by the QB performance which is a big question mark.  Accurate regarding the Jets CBs.  Two good ones already in place and Sauce a probable defensive rookie of the year. 

So, again... The big question for 2022 is qb, Qb QB.  

It all hinges on the QB play.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I would love for the team to look prepared from the opening set of downs but I have serious doubts about Robert Saleh and his ability to do such things. He talks a good game though. 

Agree - this is the key. Do the Jets look prepared and do they have the right schemes in place? They can’t look lost or outmatched. They have the talent

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Baltimore had enormous issues with covering TEs and RBs last year. In 2021, the Ravens ranked second-worst with 109.8 receiving yards allowed per game to TEs and RBs.

Seriously, how relevant is this

Last year was last year, when they were decimated by injury.

They paid Marcus Williams a ton of money in free agency.  Also drafted Kyle Hamilton, and added Kyle Fuller in FA.