Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

Well, hopefully Joe is highly motivated to prove his doubters wrong 

I'm highly skeptical - I genuinely don't expect 37 year old QBs who have been dumped by their last two teams to play well for an extended period of time. I think Flacco is more of a spot starter at this point, but it is what it is. 

PVO. Prove me wrong, Joe!

Just now, Matt39 said:

See now you’re taking it to a place where it doesn’t need to go. Calm down.

If you didn’t want people to criticize your posts and ridiculous theories, you probably shouldn’t have posted them on a public forum, let alone litter them throughout a thread multiple times.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

If you didn’t want people to criticize your posts and ridiculous theories, you probably shouldn’t have posted them on a public forum, let alone litter them throughout a thread multiple times.

It’s a pro sports team forum where we talk about the team. 9-11 quips seem a bit more irrational than suggesting Wilson’s billionaire family could have some influence on his timetable to return.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Lmfaooo now we are blaming the medical staff for Zachs and Bectons spaghetti knees?????

lmfao 

LMMMMMMAAAAAAOOOO (is that how it works, we mock each other)

Cool, LMMAAAOOO more - reading comprehension isn't your strong suit huh? (how am I doing?)

The medical staff misdiagnosing injuries is the problem.  When you say 4-6 weeks and it's two years, then you say 2-4 weeks and it's 8 weeks.  Yes, that's on the medical staff.

If you're assessment is - all of the data leading up to their 2-4 week announcement was accurate but it's only wrong because Wilson is pussy - then there's really no point in having a conversation.

I still, for the life of me, can't understand why we can't have a conversation around here without condescending bull sh*t.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

It’s a pro sports team forum where we talk about the team. 9-11 quips seem irrational. 

The only way you could even remotely take offense to what has been a meme for 20 years, is if you believe the actual theory that it originated from.  I’m not touching that topic with a 20 foot pile of you do.

9 minutes ago, derp said:

Jets want Zach Wilson to be 110% healthy. That is mathematically impossible.

On a serious note, if the earliest he’ll be back is week 4 and they’re trying to be conservative, which I do understand, put him on the IR list and open up a roster spot instead of maybe being able to play him against Pittsburgh.

up-to-eleven.gif

• Haha 2

He was also a part of some pretty sh*tty Broncos and Jets teams during that period.

I’m not expecting some magnificent resurgence from Flacco, but he’s now surrounded by arguably the most offensive firepower he’s had in his entire career.

Sure, the Jets could go 0-3 over the first three weeks…but it also wouldn’t shock me if they start 2-1.

Realistically, I expect 1-2 before Wilson returns.

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You can go into NYC and see any number of great orthopedists. Or Boston. The only such doctor in all the land is not in LA.  There was no need to burn that much time . But the Jets are a goddamn circus, and Wilson is a clown. 

Ok, bud. You enjoy that hill, lol.

1 minute ago, derp said:

Jets want Zach Wilson to be 110% healthy. That is mathematically impossible.

On a serious note, if the earliest he’ll be back is week 4 and they’re trying to be conservative, which I do understand, put him on the IR list and open up a roster spot instead of maybe being able to play him against Pittsburgh.

they want him to practice with team

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It is such an absurd take - and you have half the board agreeing you.  

This is the same problem with we had with Becton - The NY Jets medical staff is a joke - and their communications department are awful.

But there's nothing diabolical going on here.  Wilson't family has no leverage here - not a single, sliver of leverage to dictate anything.  AT AlL.  

Zach’s career is in absolute free fall, my friend. His people should get involved. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I would not rule it out but listened to Saleh sounds like the doctors were worried about the bone bruise and that could somehow lead to another injury.  I would also not rule out Mommy Wilson sticker her nose in after hearing what the doctors have said.

Let me be very clear.

Mommy Wilson, the Wilson Family, Zach Wilson or Jet Blue have NONE, ZERO influence on any Jet personal decisions, any injury concerns, any playing time...NOTHING at all to do with the organization.

Even if you wanted to believe that somehow, some player's families have a say over their playing time - that player must have some leverage.

Is he good enough to cause a problem by threatening to sit out? Is he coming up on a contract year? Is he willing to be the "bad guy" ?

None of those things apply to Wilson.  Without leverage you can't dictate policy.  It's pretty basic.

We want to discuss Wilson being injury prone, sure...that's fair.

We want to discuss Wilson over Flacco, sure...that's fair.

But we need to put to bed this entirely absurd idea that this has ANYTHING to do with him or his family.  

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

LMMMMMMAAAAAAOOOO (is that how it works, we mock each other)

Cool, LMMAAAOOO more - reading comprehension isn't your strong suit huh? (how am I doing?)

The medical staff misdiagnosing injuries is the problem.  When you say 4-6 weeks and it's two years, then you say 2-4 weeks and it's 8 weeks.  Yes, that's on the medical staff.

If you're assessment is - all of the data leading up to their 2-4 week announcement was accurate but it's only wrong because Wilson is pussy - then there's really no point in having a conversation.

I still, for the life of me, can't understand why we can't have a conversation around here without condescending bull sh*t.

Listen we are mostly all annoyed with this bay ass Wilson BS 

From hiring 1 million coaches, the injuries 

PS

Wilson doesn’t look like your average pussy tbh

he actually looks more like a Grand Canyon sized pussy 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

“Jets fuel can’t melt Zach’s knees!!!”

Jane Standley reported Zach's knee injury 20 minutes before it happened.

Zach's knee fell at free-fall speed the first 2.25 seconds.

The Jets' capologist was working on the missing 2.3 trillion in cap space the day before Zach's injury.

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, if "Team Wilson" really knew what was good for him, they never would've let him be drafted here in the first place.

Ironically, that also would've been what was good for the Jets, too.

You should have heard the Steve Young interviews with Michael Kay during the lead up to the draft that year. It sure sounded like Young wanted Zach on the Niners and literally the only reason he was ok with Wilson coming to the Jets was the hiring of Greg Knapp. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Let me be very clear.

Mommy Wilson, the Wilson Family, Zach Wilson or Jet Blue have NONE, ZERO influence on any Jet personal decisions, any injury concerns, any playing time...NOTHING at all to do with the organization.

Even if you wanted to believe that somehow, some player's families have a say over their playing time - that player must have some leverage.

Is he good enough to cause a problem by threatening to sit out? Is he coming up on a contract year? Is he willing to be the "bad guy" ?

None of those things apply to Wilson.  Without leverage you can't dictate policy.  It's pretty basic.

We want to discuss Wilson being injury prone, sure...that's fair.

We want to discuss Wilson over Flacco, sure...that's fair.

But we need to put to bed this entirely absurd idea that this has ANYTHING to do with him or his family.  

Lmfao 

What will you do when Zach is finally 86’ed from NY? 

I hope you don’t lose all control and hurt someone ?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You should have heard the Steve Young interviews with Michael Kay during the lead up to the draft that year. It sure sounded like Young wanted Zach on the Niners and literally the only reason he was ok with Wilson coming to the Jets was the hiring of Greg Knapp. 

Season 5 Ouffff GIF by PBS

• Haha 1