Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Fire Saleh, i am tired of his ra ra bullsh*t. Bechton, now Wilson....guy is just a ******* smile with no substance. How ******* disconnected are you to say he may play this week, and then flip to wait a month. ******* unreal.

This is so stupid. You want to fire him because he gave an inaccurate injury timeline for week 1?

What does this have to do with his ability to lead the Jets to wins on the field? Nothing. 

Also, there's no H in Becton. @32EBoozer

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The only thing that makes sense to me is that he had a set back and re-aggravated his knee during one of his workouts. 

typical jets, regardless of what is really going on 

But but...the (liar) head coach just shot that down

He said "no setback" when asked about this an hour ago

If this is true, Saleh is actually more clueless than I thought

Why on Earth would you rush him back to practice before he's ready?  Especially when it's the prospect of getting smacked down by the Ravens?

Now he says they want to "do right by him"

I bet it is an aggravation caused by the workout

They wanted to see how the knee responded.  It's probably inflamed.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He honestly didn't say much, now that im looking back at what he said on WFAN. Media/us fans just run with the two words of "it's possible"...

Robert Saleh said that “it’s possible” Wilson could be starting under center for Sunday’s season opener against the Baltimore Ravens.

“We put Zach through a workout today. [He] looked good, felt good,” Saleh said. “We are going to see how the knee responds today and tomorrow and have an answer for everyone on Wednesday.” “Everyone heals differently,” Saleh said. “We’ll see what happens tomorrow but …everyone responds differently.”

Still too much info though. 

This.

Only a raging moron would take any of that as definite proof that Zach was going to be the starter.

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  Something is fishy here.  Saleh talked alot about Zach "mentally" in the press conference.  I have never heard him question zach mentally.

You have had a rough month and yes I am breaking your onions a bit but it is all in fun.

Please tell me you love the Bills tomorrow night.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Get a grip? Huh? 

In less than 24 hours Saleh went from Zach has been having good workouts and theres a chance he'll play to Zach is out 3, possibly 4 weeks. 

Definitely has egg on his face for clearly overstating how close Zach was. 

Yet you think he was trying to manipulate the Ravens by being coy w/who is starting. He was so good at manipulating the press half of jet nation cannot control their emotions right now.  

Oh noes - egg on the face!

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is so stupid. You want to fire him because he gave an inaccurate injury timeline for week 1?

What does this have to do with his ability to lead the Jets to wins on the field? Nothing. 

Because the #1 thing a leader needs to be is genuine. Robert Saleh is a two faced political snake. Not a competitor. Not a football man.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

as i said, its troubling that there is this much of a disconnect between the facts and what comes out of his mouth. i am going to park the fact that he is a defensive coach who had a bottom 3 defense last year. lets see how he does this year...but he better not get the "Flacco" curve.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

This.

Only a raging moron would take any of that as definite proof that Zach was going to be the starter.

I think the vast majority of us figured Flacco would play week 1, but the first three weeks?

wilson has been walking without a limp for over a week and was on the bike at the giants game. Week 4? 

i have to think he had a setback 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Because the #1 thing a leader needs to be is genuine. Robert Saleh is a two faced political snake. Not a competitor. Not a football man.

He needs to be genuine with his players which we have no insight into. Every coach in the league is blowing smoke up peoples asses in press conferences. Two faced political snake. lmfao

y'all are really in your feelings today

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You don’t go from it’s possible to out indefinitely in 24 hours unless something happened that the team isn’t telling us. Could it be he got hurt again? Saleh said no. Do the Jets think Flacco gives them a better chance to win? Certainly possible. Does Wilson not feel ready to play mentally? Could be. Does he have final say on the matter? I’d say yes. Could his agent be involved? They always are.

Lmfao.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

why JD and Saleh drafted him with this conflict of interest is interesting...you have to wonder if they even had a say. 

Definitely an interesting wrinkle considering Wilson’s camp got to pick his surgeon based on California. This doesn’t seem to be a Jets medical staff issue.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

as i said, its troubling that there is this much of a disconnect between the facts and what comes out of his mouth. i am going to park the fact that he is a defensive coach who had a bottom 3 defense last year. lets see how he does this year...but he better not get the "Flacco" curve.

bottom 3 defense is a legitimate gripe. crying about his starting QB timeline is just ... well, crying.

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He went from possibly playing to our indefinitely in 24 hours. I don’t think Saleh is that dumb to fire that off. Someone above him made the call that he wouldn’t be playing for a while. Communication is clearly lacking. But this franchise is one of the worst in sports for a reason so…

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Don't blame Saleh that you got well over your own skis yesterday.  You and Fidelio and Joe Willy all.

• Upvote 1

Initial prognosis: 2 to 4 weeks

Post-op:  4 to 6 weeks

BS today:  8+ weeks (Pittsburgh game at earliest)

Recognize a pattern here?

If the Becton debacle is any indication, Kapono should be back by week 4 of 2023

Jets must have the worst medical staff and worst coach-medical staff communication in the league

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the vast majority of us figured Flacco would play week 1, but the first three weeks?

wilson has been walking without a limp for over a week and was on the bike at the giants game. Week 4? 

i have to think he had a setback 

Eh no setback. I think it's just a combo of them being extremely confident in Flacco and overly cautious of rushing him back and potentially losing him for much longer or the rest of the season.