Saleh's press conference - Sounds like Flacco does have a shot to be the qb this year

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Listening to the press conference, Saleh completely blew off the reporter who asked him if this zach's team when he is healthy.  He talked in circles and never answered the question.  I think that is very telling.  He has been adament that Zach plays the minute he is healthy.  He was not that way today.

He also made it clear that the earliest Zach will play is week 4.  But really concentrated on the "earliest" part of that statement.  He was very clear he is not playing week 4, that is just the earliest he would play.

I love Zach and want him out there ASAP.  But after watching the press conference, I think if Joe is playing well and we are wining, Zach is not getting the job back this year.  

WOW!  I am stunned but to me, if you can read through the lines, it was clear what Saleh is thinking.

Watch that part of the press conference and let me know what you think.  It was pretty early in the press conference.

Thanks for the summary. I didn't get to listen to it. Thats surprising since Zach has to get the ball, but its not surprising since Saleh has to look out for himself first and foremost. 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

The only way White plays another game as a Jet is if we experience some catastrophic injuries at the position similar to 2005 when Pennington and Fielder went down.

Let's see how long they play Flacco and how long it takes Zach to crap out...

There was always a shot that Flacco was going to be the quarterback this year. Stealing Woody Johnson's money is a long game. A long, dumb game. You can't use 2023 to evaluate Wilson if you use 2022 to evaluate Wilson. Douglas and Saleh might be a couple of overmatched bald gym teachers but they can kick a can in the general direction of a road.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This team needs to win games. If Flacco is playing well and the team is winning why would they make such a big change?

Funny thing is team Zach may have set him up for riding the pine by refusing to play week 1. That's just speculation but there was definitely something strange about the might play w1 -> w4 earliest pivot as well as the Wilson interview after that announcement. Might have pissed Saleh off.

Agree.  Either Zach was benched or Zach benched himself.  One thing about Saleh is once you're in the doghouse it's not easy to get out.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Unless you’re…

• OJ Simpson

• Aaron Hernandez

•Ray Rice

•Michael Vick

• Jamal Adams

…I don’t care who plays for us as long as we win.

High honors for Jamal Adams to be up there on the serial killers list.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Coach was hyping up Flacco all summer as “starter material.”

Coach is obviously feeling the hot seat heat and knows he has to win games.

Slightly different take = maybe he just wants to win. No hot seat.

Maybe he felt Zach should have been developed like the 49ers did with Trey. Maybe it took a year for him to be proven right and he’s managing this situation towards what he wanted all along. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Slightly different take = maybe he just wants to win. No hot seat.

Maybe he felt Zach should have been developed like the 49ers did with Trey. Maybe it took a year for him to be proven right and he’s managing this situation towards what he wanted all along. 

Another slightly different take = Maybe he just doesnt actually know what hes doing.

Is this really that implausible? 

Are we to seriously believe that the team was split in drafting Wilson? The entire organization top down was hand picked by JD damn near it.

I cannot imagine a scenario where they were split on any decisions last year, or this year. The draft reactions they have shown us time and again show a completely unified organization (propaganda or not).

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Another slightly different take = Maybe he just doesnt actually know what hes doing.

Is this really that implausible? 

Are we to seriously believe that the team was split in drafting Wilson? The entire organization top down was hand picked by JD damn near it.

I cannot imagine a scenario where they were split on any decisions last year, or this year. The draft reactions they have shown us time and again show a completely unified organization (propaganda or not).

Hard to know.  You're right the impression is total alignment but that doesn't mean before JD makes the final decision there isn't a lot of back and forth and differences of opinion.  You would hope the staff can speak freely prior to final decisions and they aren't all ball washers. 

• Sympathy 1