Win a Prize: predict when Saleh takes over defensive playcalling

Outside of switching heavily to man, there are no signs Ulbrich is going to get this done.  Saleh at least showed semi competent to competent defenses in San Fran even when there were injuries, regardless of how crappy this scheme is or how reliant it is on a 4 man pass rush.  Remember when he lost Bosa and others early in 2020 post Super Bowl.

While my pick doesn’t count, I predict after the Miami home game.

Prize:  Choose between 1 of the following

‘All Gas No Brake’ Jets T-Shirt

‘Otherwise Happy in Life’ Jets T-Shirt

Mekhi Becton jersey

Joe Flacco jersey

$75 gift card to Crow’s Nest on Route 17

Personal Autograph from @TomShane

Rules

1. Be one of the first 5 to guess correctly

2. Prize value not required to be reported to IRS.  We’ve been approved for a hardship ‘jets fan’ exemption

3. All prizes will be shipped within 3 weeks

4. U.S. addresses only

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Mekhi Becton jersey

Joe Flacco jersey

Who would want any of this trash ? 

looks like your trying to regift some bad birthday presents ? 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You know, I do wonder, who is more to blame for the D?  Ulbrich or Saleh.  Honestly, I tend to think it's Saleh and I dont know if him taking over play calling does anything for this team.  This is his system he's married too.  Ulbrich came up under Dan Quinn and Raheem Morris? 

Has anyone seen how the Cowboys play D?

Anyone notice how the Rams play D?  

Obviously much more talent on those teams but they're also not trying to fit a square peg into a round hole and married to a system they just roll out week after week.  They game plan, per their opponent, week to week and the results show.

Darnold plays 90 plus percent of the snaps for the Rams.  Q is averaging in the low 60% for the Jets. 

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How do you know Ulbrich isn't being constrained by Saleh in fixing the D?

I don't... I know who is position of the scapegoat, in a machiavellian sense ulbrich will be used as a human shield when the defense continues to be a bottom 10 unit with top 10-15 personnel on paper. Saleh is equally to blame.

NOW GIVE ME MY @TomShane AUTOGRAPH!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I don't... I know who is position of the scapegoat, in a machiavellian sense ulbrich will be used as a human shield when the defense continues to be a bottom 10 unit with top 10-15 personnel on paper. Saleh is equally to blame.

If that's the case he will be replaced with another shield.  Saleh will probably not take over coaching the D.  It might expose him and prevent him from working as a DC in the future. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I haven’t exactly lined up Tom’s approval yet.  Would you be equally excited for an @FidelioJetautugraph?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Outside of switching heavily to man, there are no signs Ulbrich is going to get this done.  Saleh at least showed semi competent to competent defenses in San Fran even when there were injuries, regardless of how crappy this scheme is or how reliant it is on a 4 man pass rush.  Remember when he lost Bosa and others early in 2020 post Super Bowl.

While my pick doesn’t count, I predict after the Miami home game.

Mekhi Becton jersey

Joe Flacco jersey

Rules

1. Be one of the first 5 to guess correctly

2. Prize value not required to be reported to IRS.  We’ve been approved for a hardship ‘jets fan’ exemption

3. All prizes will be shipped within 3 weeks

4. U.S. addresses only

can i get a "when you write the story of your career, don't let jeff ulbrich hold the pen" tshirt?