Jump to content

Who is playing LT against Pittsburgh?


Sammybighead
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

Simple question. Have any of our genius beat writers asked this?

Is it definitely McDermott or one of the new guys?

Yes, but the newly signed OTs should both be on the active roster by game time and even if they do not know the playbook well enough, if McDermott struggles that much one of them should replace him. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Claymation said:

They are going to have leave a TE or a back to help whoever is in there at LT.

Yes, and the coaches have to understand especially to help Zack they should run the ball for like 3/4 of the game even if we are not getting a lot of yards in order to protect Zack and let him get rid of the rust slowly. If he passes more than 20-25 times then it is all on the caches and they would be doing him, the team, and everyone else on the Jets side including fans a dis-service by A. probably putting Zack in harms way and impacting what he can do moving forward the rest of the season, and B. showing desperation since we all want to win this game, but not at the expense of the longer term for this season and even further into the future. We need Zack healthy and progressing to see if he is the long term QB, and worrying about your coaching job right now is not a way to do that.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, and the coaches have to understand especially to help Zack they should run the ball for like 3/4 of the game even if we are not getting a lot of yards in order to protect Zack and let him get rid of the rust slowly. If he passes more than 20-25 times then it is all on the caches and they would be doing him, the team, and everyone else on the Jets side including fans a dis-service by A. probably putting Zack in harms way and impacting what he can do moving forward the rest of the season, and B. showing desperation since we all want to win this game, but not at the expense of the longer term for this season and even further into the future. We need Zack healthy and progressing to see if he is the long term QB, and worrying about your coaching job right now is not a way to do that.

I don't know about 3/4, as long as the play distribution is closer to 50/50 I'm ok.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are going to have to implement much of the same pass blocking plan as they did against Myles Garrett and the Browns.  Backs chipping the RDE almost every play to give us a chance.  It worked relatively well vs the Browns. No reason it can't work vs Pitt. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, faba said:

You know the Steelers will blitz like crazy on Sunday- Zach better get rid of that ball quick and Lafleur better give him options to do so

They should go double TE all 1st half to establish the run so as to have an effective play-action while the TEs can also serve as quick outlets and dump off passes to avoid the pass rush and overloaded blitzes. Zachary has to recognize that if a blitz is coming, someone is open 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not activate Streveler and make him the back up? If it turns into a jail break or if Zach goes down, wouldn't a mobile high energy guy give us a better chance to play competitively than a statue?  Can Flacco go to the practice squad?  I mean it's unlikely any other team would claim him and his salary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Simple question. Have any of our genius beat writers asked this?

Is it definitely McDermott or one of the new guys?

the same guy who caused Flacco 2 strip sack fumbles.

but dont worry that wont happen to Zach. his clock will tell him to move before that guy gets 10 feet from him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ACourseinMiracles said:

I was gonna keep it a secret but Douglas reached out and I signed a contract.

Gave em a big discount! Actual market value for the same level of play so far this year. Contract $500,000.

I did it boys! I'm going in.

You gonna need a miracle to come out alive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Friends Romans and countrymen it doesn't matter who plays LT 

Because they drafted that awesome corner instead 

The guy that qbs simply do not throw at 

Thanks Joe Douglas 

So you'd feel significantly better if they drafted Neal at that spot, who gave up 3 sacks last week, or ekwonu, who's also been struggling with pass protection?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know he's still young / raw, but we also have Grant Hermanns on the PS ... he may have an advantage over the new signings of at least knowing the playbook.

Is it better to get a QB killed due to lack of ability or lack of knowledge? 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I know he's still young / raw, but we also have Grant Hermanns on the PS ... he may have an advantage over the new signings of at least knowing the playbook.

Is it better to get a QB killed due to lack of ability or lack of knowledge? 🙄

Usually I'd say lack of ability.  Lack of ability gets you stuff like Mitchell giving up the strip sack.  Lack of knowledge gives you things like the blown coverages we have been seeing - Sauce and Whitehead both covering the out and giving up a walk in TD.  It is how you see free runners.  OTOH, you would assume they would simplify the scheme to the point where it was workable for the new guys.  Remmers has played in a ton of systems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

So you'd feel significantly better if they drafted Neal at that spot, who gave up 3 sacks last week, or ekwonu, who's also been struggling with pass protection?

Ekwonu was the pick. He struggled in pass pro in the sense that his first game ever was against Myles Garrett 

he's getting better every week and most importantly he's not injured 

I'd rather the Jets have drafted a very good OT than an elite CB. Sauce is a luxury for contenders, the Jets don't even have a functional offense  

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...