Saleh Says it’s “Bush League” to Discuss Ulbrich Comments on Quinnen Williams

JetNation

I don’t care how good our HC’s relationship is with the media or not.

But around here… its usually a good indication when you are close to the exit door when you are seemingly losing your team publicly.

Last year as bad as we sucked the team and the media didn’t seem to turn on Saleh.

This year has been a complete 180….its not looking good. He better start winning some games and hope Zack is a stud or he’s gone.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Wow, you're right. Now that I think about it, these guys are actually doing a great job and definitely aren't at all a joyless parody of the later Rex years. Thanks

Doing a great job and listening to media babble is two entirely different things.  No one will argue he's doing a great job right now , but being spoon fed crap by the media and running with it as gospel is comical. You would think the masses here would be able to recognize trolling we're subject to it here every day ad nauseum. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s almost comical how in over his head this guy seems to be.

I don’t know how anyone has faith in Saleh at this point.

The whole selling point of the guy was that he was a defensive guru with an infectious personality that would get the whole locker room to run through brick walls for him.

As much sh*t as I’ve given Rex, at least he genuinely fit that bill.

Saleh is looking more and more like a total fraud.

I get crucified for this but who hires these frauds???   A good organization can escape a bad upper hire but we have had 10 years of poor hires at GM, HC , asst coach etc.  THAT is a culture driven from trust fund baby's like Woody and Chris.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Richie was asst coach of the jets, head coach of the eagles and then hc of the jets.

i would have never thought I would say this in my lifetime but he has actually achieved more at least in title then saleh

when is asteroid coming?

You’re not wrong.  He has.

Kotite never had a slogan though.

What’s next from Saleh, a Jets holiday jingle?

• Haha 2

Saleh was put in a tough spot by Ulbrich’s comments.

He defended his player.  He defended his coach.  He pointed out that the media did indeed latch on to the sound bite for clicks and engagement.

I’m good with Saleh’s response to the meaningless self inflicted press conference/ media story.  

Q is playing more snaps this year once adjusted for the game where he went out with an injury per Connor Hughes.  Hopefully the coaching staff continues to refine the rotation and packages quietly behind the scenes.

Having said all that, WINNING is still the best deodorant.  Hopefully the whole coaching staff is focused on doing whatever it takes - with urgency - to apply deodorant!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I get crucified for this but who hires these frauds???   A good organization can escape a bad upper hire but we have had 10 years of poor hires at GM, HC , asst coach etc.  THAT is a culture driven from trust fund baby's like Woody and Chris.  

You’d think after 20 years of consistently getting this sh*t wrong, they would finally do whatever it takes to land a guy like Sean Payton, even if it means giving him full control and kicking Douglas out the door.

But we all know that won’t happen.

I said it before, if the Jets move on from Saleh after this year, the biggest “splash” hire that you could look forward to is them finally luring a guy like Matt Campbell away from Iowa State…and then he ends up sucking too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

I’d like to see the media ask a few more questions about Bryce Huff…  playing JFM more as an interior pass rusher… or what is going on with Laken or how they can stop the bleeding from bottom of the league safety play

Wait you want the media to ask real pertinent questions rather than fanning the flames of the trollbase , that won't sell clicks or views . 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

My bar for this coaching staff was “be unquestionably better than Adam gase, and actually develop players.” I absolutely cannot fathom how this team moved in the opposite direction, while actually adding talent for the first time in a decade plus. This is akin to watching Jose mourinho coach ******* Middlesbrough or some sh*t. Old outdated system that doesn’t work, yet the players get all the blame pushed onto them. This is the most talented team we’ve had in years, ******* make them better players or gtfo.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You’d think after 20 years of consistently getting this sh*t wrong, they would finally do whatever it takes to land a guy like Sean Payton, even if it means giving him full control and kicking Douglas out the door.

But we all know that won’t happen.

I said it before, if the Jets move on from Saleh after this year, the biggest “splash” hire that you could look forward to is them finally luring a guy like Matt Campbell away from Iowa State…and then he ends up sucking too.

I believe good coaches wont work for Woody.

12 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

I’d like to see the media ask a few more questions about Bryce Huff…  playing JFM more as an interior pass rusher… or what is going on with Laken or how they can stop the bleeding from bottom of the league safety play

Also can we ask them if it’s quinnens fault why absolutely no players get better under them

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Another example of Coach Saleh letting the media and Jet fans know that the entire organization from owner, coaches and players cant stand you.

Again when this turns around shortly, receipts will be taken.

Please stop with this.  You don't know anything and your schtick is annoying as hell.  Please, stop.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Rex was good till he was bad.  This guy skipped the good part and went directly to the bad (and getting worse).

Rex was never bad.  It was the roster that deteriorated and Rex still won 8 games in 2013 with arguably the worst roster in the league.  Saleh cant sniff Rex's jock strap

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I will be fair that he was the guy I wanted and was not pleased when he left the building without an offer.

What that means is whoever I want when he is gone at the end of this season, please do not hire.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

How the Johnsons manage to hire one incompetent boob after another is remarkable.

I really wonder if JD ever actually got full control given the typical results of hiring a horrible HC. If this is truly a JD hire and Woody did the right thing by giving someone else control, this franchise is just cursed.