Huge shoutout to AVT!

BCJet

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Honestly, AVT looked like our best LT this season, so I wouldn't mind it if it became permanent.

Most importantly, I want to play whatever line combination that keeps McDumbass off the field.

I want JD to cut McDermott tomorrow.  Its not necessarily just because he is so terrible, but we have ZERO accountability and McDermott is an expendable player, so its an easy move to cut him and promote Hermann's, we cant lose much in terms of production if you do that.

The unecessary roughness penalties have been a constant for 2 years.  Shepherd all year in 2021, Quincy in the pre-season, Lawson and Mosley today - when is Saleh going to hold these guys to some sort of standard.  I get that its hard to bench Mosley or Lawson, but allowing Shepherd to remain on this team with sh*t production and multiple penalties lets guys know its ok and it almost cost us a win today.  A 6 point swing at the half is enormous and thats what Lawson and Zach gave us at the end of the half. 

McDermott had 2 penalties (that I saw - maybe it was 3) and I get that the illegal man downfield was BS, but the guy is horredous and Saleh could try to get some level of respect by punting him tomorrow

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Honestly, AVT looked like our best LT this season, so I wouldn't mind it if it became permanent.

Most importantly, I want to play whatever line combination that keeps McDumbass off the field.

No matter how short we are at OT ... we still need to cut McDermott ASAP.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously

As far as I’m concerned, Becton is no longer on the team and Fant and his contract demands can f*ck off to Chicago after the season.

Finding a new RG is easier than finding a new LT.

Make the switch permanent if he can continue this level of play.

I actually didn't think Herbig was that bad, but granted I wasn't keyed in on him every play.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He doesn’t even need to be great, just being very, very good but able to play three different spots on the offensive line makes him a long-term keeper and probably the guy worthy of having the biggest contract on the line eventually. Even more than whoever turns out to be the LT. 

Actually, right now, he just needs to be a better LT than McDermott.  Hopefully Max can come back soon at RT.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I didn’t even realize that he had a full seasons worth of starts under his belt in Philly.

And he’s still only 24

Could be something 

Plus, we could draft West Virginia Mountaineers OL Donavan Beaver and play him at RT next to Herbig for style points.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He played more than just this one snap, but that first sack that got credited to Mitchell was really on Herbig. He doesn't get pushed backwards into Wilson's face in <1 second then Wilson doesn't have to move & abandon the pass play before anyone's had the time to run 5 yards downfield.

He settled in better as the game went on. I'd say most of the rest was not doing bad more than necessarily doing good, but how many of us had been giving Mitchell cyber-handobs for the same for the prior 3 weeks? 

Anyway I'd rather have Herbig - or someone else - at RG than McDermott at LT. It'll be easier still to manage if Brown comes back to practice this week.

If I'm thinking about the same play, it looked to me more like Zach panicked and ran between the gap into danger, when really the protection was fine.