Chris Simms sounds off on Jets fans

Jetlife33

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Simms is totally wrong here.  If you watch Zach Wilson play these last 3 week and think there is 0 to be concerned about, then you have an agenda(which simms does) or you dont know much football.

100% agree. And its not nec. about 'concern'. I don't nec. know what that means. Are we talking concern short term, concern long term, concern for him becoming a certain level of player or reaching that level on a certain timeline? 

Right now its just about Zach not playing well. Not making the throws he should, not making the right reads, pressing. He's extremely lucky to have not turned the ball over these passed few games. 

Am I worried he's a bust. No, not yet. The talent is clearly there. He's got his head on straight and he is very young. 

Is it clear he is not playing good football? Absolutely. I would argue he is holding back the potential of this offense more than any other starter.  

Should we bench him for Flacco or White or Streveler? Absolutely not. We've committed to our QB and we are winning games. Give the kid a chance to grow and get better. 

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Zach stinks.  It’s that simple.  He misses open guys all the time, careless with the ball. Is he turning it over? No - but there have been 3-4 throws that should have been picked, along with that fumble in Denver that was wrongly overturned.

Wilson has 2 picks over last 9 games and two career games with more than 1 turnover. One career lost fumble. He is absolutely not careless with the ball 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, PorP said:

Dude WTF happened to you?

Did @T0mShane hack your account? 

Are you OK?  Blink twice or blow your rape whistle if you need help

You went from insanely optimistic to clinically depressed in 2 injuries flat. 

Get a grip man,  I want the old Joe back! 

me too.

• Upvote 1

After watching the All 22 of the GB game I wasn’t nearly as down on Zach as I was watching the game as the receivers had a hard time getting open much of the game. Before watching thr All 22, I thought he had a bad game  I thought he had a decent game after watching it.

Zach really appears to have digressed in the Denver game though, poorer footwork, missing open receivers on throws and not seeing an open receivers.

If you notice on the replay, after Zach spun away from the free rusher, he could have thrown to the wide open receiver in the flat which would have been a spectacular play by itself. Instead he tried to spin away from another rusher and almost gave Denver a fumble-6. I wonder if he didn’t see the receiver or if he was trying to make a splash play to impress the next MILF. Either reason is concerning.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Zach stinks.  It’s that simple.  He misses open guys all the time, careless with the ball. Is he turning it over? No - but there have been 3-4 throws that should have been picked, along with that fumble in Denver that was wrongly overturned.

Yep - ALL the time. 

Completion percentage

Flacco - 58%

Wilson - 57%

Fields - 56%

Mayfield - 55%

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

After watching the All 22 of the GB game I wasn’t nearly as down on Zach as I was watching the game as the receivers had a hard time getting open much of the game. Before watching thr All 22, I thought he had a bad game  I thought he had a decent game after watching it.

Zach really appears to have digressed in the Denver game though, poorer footwork, missing open receivers on throws and not seeing an open receivers.

If you notice on the replay, after Zach spun away from the free rusher, he could have thrown to the wide open receiver in the flat which would have been a spectacular play by itself. Instead he tried to spin away from another rusher and almost gave Denver a fumble-6. I wonder if he didn’t see the receiver or if he was trying to make a splash play to impress the next MILF. Either reason is concerning.

Let’s see how things play out 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Or .. wait for it... The team played opposition with excellent defenses and Zach has struggled behind an extremely suspect OL as a young QB can be expected to.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

so he can only play well against bad defenses like Pittsburgh? so i guess we cant expect much these next 3 games right? but i bet he looks good against the Lions and you can say how he is improving? if he cant play good against our 2 biggest division rivals then what are we doing? 

and young? well i just seen Fields who didnt look great but not bad like Zach. he has more mobility than Zach and still stood strong in the pocket and made plays. i seen him make throws where Zach would have left the pocket.

it will be interesting to see who has a better game vs NE.

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zach Wilson is pretty much the lowest producing QB in the NFL last year and this year so far.

If he thinks that's "good enough" because the team has won in spite of Wilson, I respectfully disagree.

It's not about the Denver game alone.  It's about the full resume and quality/quantity of production as a whole to-date.  If a guy was hovering around the mid-tiers of QB production has a low-production game vs. that Denver D, ok.  But Zach is low-production pretty much as a whole so far in his career.

I can enjoy the win, earned primarily on the back of Hall and the D and the Refs not calling Wilson's fumble a fumble, and still think Wilson needs to do better to sustain long-term ongoing success.

I agree. Douglas is showing he’s ready to win now. I’m willing to bet if Wilson doesn’t improve his worst-in-the-league play, JD will move off him this offseason. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, PorP said:

its not the injuries he is talking about. its Zach. even Joe knows we cant keep winning with QB play this bad.

soon you will too

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

its not the injuries he is talking about. its Zach. even Joe knows we cant keep winning with QB play this bad.

soon you will too

I conceded to @T0mShane last night about the QB. Doesn't mean I want to see @Joe W. Namath lose his optimism.  

Joe was the silver lining that cut through a whole bunch of negative whiny drivel by a bunch of people who should be more conservative with thier football opinions. 

This place is gonna suck if Joe caught the disease. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, PorP said:

When you run on emotion, everything can 180 in an instant.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, if the reverse also true?

If we lose the game, but Zach produced huge passing yards and many passing TD's, is that not good enough for you, because we lost, even if the loss is mostly due to the running game and defense?

Seems to me wins is a team stat, not a QB stat.

At almost all of the QB stats, Zach is amongst the lowest producing this year, same as last.

Let's take it to an extreme, if Zach goes 0 for 10, with 0 yards, 0 TD's, and 2 INT's, and is sacked 5 times, but the Jets win, is that still good enough and we shouldn't be critical of him?  We won, and no ones dog died, after all.

Re-read the thread from last year when the Pats beat the Bills and Mac only threw 3 passes (completing 1 IIRC). 

• Upvote 1