49ers Game….

Shelbyblue

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why would he stay there knowing they drafted Lance to replace him and that Lance is lurking to take over at any time?  If I'm Garappolo, I sign a long term deal with a team to be a starter.  

Because the 49'ers and a lot of other teams are seeing that what you have can be better than what you wish for.

They get rid of Jimmy G an then have lance who at this point is no more than zac wilson.

They are in win now mode and if both the QB and the team does well thy will find a way to mend fences.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

still allows Zach to sit, would draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th to sit and learn. Anthony Richardson if he comes out would be a fun project QB.

JG isn’t signing a 2 yr. deal. He’s ready to cash in on a Wentz/Cousins type contract

$30-$35m/yr for 4-5 years

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Sign me up for Jimmy g or Derek carr 

The next seven games will determine how hard the Jets go after someone like that. if things are still shaky or uncertain about Wilson I will guarantee there’s no way JD doesn’t make a big move to add some competition for next season. He now has a pretty talented roster, an elite defense, and some young guys heading into their prime. It may not be a stretch to say the Jets simply need a top 15-20 QB to be a playoff team.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The next seven games will determine how hard the Jets go after someone like that. if things are still shaky or uncertain about Wilson I will guarantee there’s no way JD doesn’t make a big move to add some competition for next season. He now has a pretty talented roster, an elite defense, and some young guys heading into their prime. It may not be a stretch to say the Jets simply need a top 15-20 QB to be a playoff team.

They could be a playoff team with the 34th ranked qb. But a top 15 qb on this team and we could be talking more than playoffs

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

So tell me again why Jimmy isn’t the obvious choice to win big next couple years while they comb draft boards if Zach isn’t it?

This is the move. Get Jimmy, and and pay close attention to the draft. Jimmy is a good one that seemingly elevates his team. He just wins with them, constantly. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Had the Jets drafted Pitts instead of Wilson, then Jimmy G, Kyle Pitts, Breece Hall, Michael Carter, Garrett Wilson, Elijah and Mims would have been a really nice offense. 

I was totally eviscerated on these boards for suggesting we not draft a QB in that draft.  I wanted to trade down but not too far and was not even wanting a QB from that draft.  Anyways, water under the bridge i guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Grandy said:

This is the move. Get Jimmy, and and pay close attention to the draft. Jimmy is a good one that seemingly elevates his team. He just wins with them, constantly. 

Kyle Shanahan is something like 36-17 with Jimmy G and 8-30 or something like that without him. It's crazy the difference. I can't see the 49ers letting him go after this season though.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

Kyle Shanahan is something like 36-17 with Jimmy G and 8-30 or something like that without him. It's crazy the difference. I can't see the 49ers letting him go after this season though.

Makes it even more funny they drafted that other pile of sh*t Trey Lance

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Had the Jets drafted Pitts instead of Wilson, then Jimmy G, Kyle Pitts, Breece Hall, Michael Carter, Garrett Wilson, Elijah and Mims would have been a really nice offense. 

Woulda Coulda Shoulda……I’m just real happy that Douglas hit on so many of his picks that when the Jets have the QB position somewhat stabilized, and they will, they’ll be a very difficult beat for most of the league.

I thought of this year as just a stepping stone where the Jets have to move up a notch to where they were only competitive, we’re already there now and have somewhat passed that threshold.

This year was also the year that a judgment could probably made on Zach Wilson, be glad that his training camp injury didn’t shelve him for the season.   Let’s say that happened.  Douglas would have to start him NEXT year, based on his draft status and the injury, you’d be way unhappier if that had happened.

• Upvote 2

Jimmy G's problems are the same that have plagued him his entire career.

He plays really well (top 10 qb well)..  Gets hurt.  Comes back and is not good.  Multiple games later, he rounds back into shape and strings 4 or 5 great games showing off his old form.  And then gets hurt.  Rinse/Repeat.

Fundamentally he has the body type that is easily injured in the NFL, and he doesn't play well through pain/discomfort. 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Derek Carr is the obvious choice.  If you can get him, he's the guy.

His numbers are superior to JG's and he's been mostly healthy.

Not sure if Carr is gettable but we should be all in.

Carr to NYC is an implosion of epic scale waiting to happen - guy is a choke artist. ... sign me up....

Edited by Dunnie

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

JG isn’t signing a 2 yr. deal. He’s ready to cash in on a Wentz/Cousins type contract

$30-$35m/yr for 4-5 years

I agreed in his contract demands. 5yr $150. I’m doing that if I’m the Jets.

Carr is another option if he is made available. I’ll be happy with either one.

3 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

The 49ers are better than the Jets and Jimmy G won’t win a Super Bowl this year with them- that’s why you don’t want him as your QB

I’ll take consistently making the playoffs over some QB who may or may not realize some hypothetical upside. We haven’t made the playoff in a decade. Can we build a winning culture before we move into the super bowl or bust arena?

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Carr to NYC is an implosion of epic scale waiting to happen - guy is a choke artist. ... sign me up....

He's been on some all time bad defenses.

His numbers far outpace Jimmy G'.

And I'm told stats are what are most important.   Carr will demand a bigger contract and serious trade comp. though.  I heard Stafford was a choke artist, until he wasn't.

I doubt the Raiders let him go - but if he's on the table - he's easily the best choice.

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’ll take consistently making the playoffs over some QB who may or may not realize some hypothetical upside. We haven’t made the playoff in a decade. Can we build a winning culture before we move into the super bowl or bust arena?

Yep what’s so bad about making the playoffs

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Because the 49'ers and a lot of other teams are seeing that what you have can be better than what you wish for.

They get rid of Jimmy G an then have lance who at this point is no more than zac wilson.

They are in win now mode and if both the QB and the team does well thy will find a way to mend fences.

The 49ers did him dirty in the preseason. They didn't even give him a playbook and had him practice by himself on a different field during practices! I would expect JG would want a long-term comittment from 49ers to stay there. 

4 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Woulda Coulda Shoulda……I’m just real happy that Douglas hit on so many of his picks that when the Jets have the QB position somewhat stabilized, and they will, they’ll be a very difficult beat for most of the league.

I thought of this year as just a stepping stone where the Jets have to move up a notch to where they were only competitive, we’re already there now and have somewhat passed that threshold.

This year was also the year that a judgment could probably made on Zach Wilson, be glad that his training camp injury didn’t shelve him for the season.   Let’s say that happened.  Douglas would have to start him NEXT year, based on his draft status and the injury, you’d be way unhappier if that had happened.

Imagine what we could have been if JD didn't blow nearly the entire 2020 draft with Becton etc. Doing well this year doesn't get him even on balance when you factor in the ZW 2021 mistake as well..