Schefter: Zach Not Starting Sunday, White to Start

JetsFanatic

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

One more event that further solidifies that the Jets have a head coach. I did not think Zach would be benched and get an opportunity to clean up against a bad Bears team. The fact that Saleh knew who was next on the schedule and STILL sat Zach tells you all you need to know. 

I am ready for a new veteran QB next year. Rodgers, Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr…. let’s go JD

I'm actually starting to warm up to Gardner Minshew. His TD to INT ratio is ridiculous and he's really mobile. And best of all, cheap.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

Remember when 80 percent of the fanbase thought Zach was having an awesome season two weeks ago?  Those were good times.

I think it was more like 30% with rosey glasses because we were winning ...while  another 40% hoped his numbers would improve and help support what the rest of the team was doing and the last 30% were like wtf is this trainwreck #2 overall pick doing????

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, if the coin flip guy is right does that mean White stinks it up against the Bears and Wilson or Flacco are made the starter the next week leading the Jets on a playoff run?

Regardless, I trust Saleh knows the room. He played Mims and Moore right. So, I imagine he knows what he is doing here. 

Zach Wilson - If this is the end of his Jets story, what a disappointment. But the bottom line is that you've got to want it enough to sacrifice your body to make a pass. Completing the pass has to be the single most important thing on the play. Once you start being concerned about avoiding hits, it is over for you as an NFL QB. The guys that are even just average are tough as nails and willing to suffer to stand tall in the pocket to make a pass knowing they may very well take a gut shot at any second. I don't think toughness can be learned. Can it? I fear the book has been written for young Zach Wilson. But, lesson learned - exhibited willingness to stand tall in the pocket and take a hit to make a pass must be added to JD's scouting reports for QBs.

Not a crazy take at all.

Can you imagine it falls this way and here comes zach to lead them to the playoffs?

If nothing else we wanted meaningfull games in Nov and Dec and we have had some. Last year this time - very little interest.

This year it is As the world turns.

Good times

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lurker89 said:

I think it was more like 30% with rosey glasses because we were winning ...while  another 40% hoped his numbers would improve and help support what the rest of the team was doing and the last 30% were like wtf is this trainwreck #2 overall pick doing????

Yeah you may be right....the dumbest minority are always the loudest.

Huge respect to Robert Saleh for pulling the trigger. You just can't look beyond ZW's press conference, he signed his own death warrant. 

Nothing wrong with being a sh*t QB for a game as long as you hold yourself accountable - as many in the media have said this week. ZW couldn't have been further from that. He deserved to be benched.

This'll be the making of him. You've either got the testicular fortitude to recover from this, or you're done in the NFL. Over to you, Zach. 

MetLife needs to have patience on Sunday and be behind whomever lines up behind Center. Big week for the Jets as a whole you feel.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Let's avoid the terrible passing D and let a backup tear them up and then put Zach back in against the Vikings and Bills. Makes no sense. He should have been given a half to play and then yanked if he wasn't doing well. It should have been a confidence building game. He must have acted pretty badly behind the scenes.

There ain’t no way Wilson is coming back against Minnesota or In Buffalo.

The only way he plays is if there are garbage time game(s) at year end.

The coaches have seen enough tape.  Douglas has surrounded Wilson with significant talent so there could be no excuses.  Statistically there has been zero growth, even with the talent additions and supposedly many receivers running wide open all year that he has not seen.  Play offs are on the line right now, can’t roll the dice on a QB who you never know can make the most basic throws from week to week.

Executive decision made by Saleh, shows guts, doesn’t make his boss Douglas look good, but I’m sure Douglas signed off on it, the Team takes precedence over a young QB who struggles to put up more than 150 yards passing in a game.

Had to be done.  I’ll say it again, be glad that Wilson wasn’t out for the entire season and then they would have been forced to play him in Year 3 when Douglas will definitely have a playoff roster solidly in place.

• Upvote 4