Would you trade Mike White for Trevor Lawrence today

Trade White for TL?   

131 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Mike White for TL?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anyone would today.  But.............I have a feeling that with each passing week, it will be less and less obvious.

Mike White is a good backup now - and if he plays well the next two weeks he’s going to rightfully be looked at as a QB1.  

If he looks limited against good teams, he’s a placeholder.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You will know after the vikings game.  Pats, Bills and Dolphins all lost to the vikings.  If we win Sunday, hes crowned.

The issue with MW is that he does not do well against a pass rush.  Part of a pass rush is the d-line getting there and the other part is the DB's taking away options for the QB.  The Vikes win by scoring more points.  The Bills win with offense and defense.  The Vikes dont have a great defense and the Bills have a good defense.  No crown until MW performs against a good defense. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

happy-days-the-fonz.gif.ca7004caec12ff4ba478b93ac64fe380.gif

Not sure about the demographics of this board but I think at least 50% won't understand this.

Bravo though!  You nailed it.

The Mike White comps are about to jump the shark!

"I mean, I guess I'd trade Mike White for Patrick Mahomes.... but the Chiefs would have to throw in a 2nd round pick... and Travis Kelce."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure about the demographics of this board but I think at least 50% won't understand this.

Bravo though!  You nailed it.

The Mike White comps are about to jump the shark!

"I mean, I guess I'd trade Mike White for Patrick Mahomes.... but the Chiefs would have to throw in a 2nd round pick... and Travis Kelce."

Its the former History Major in me.

That's prime television History right there.

Do I get extra points for being under 35 and pulling that reference. ?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Its the former History Major in me.

That's prime television History right there.

Do I get extra points for being under 35 and pulling that reference. ?

I’ll be impressed when you pull off a Malachi crunch ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

How about Zac Wilson for Sam Darnold?

This is a good one

SD is what he is and it’s not good but it’s light years better than ZW. I guess I’d keep ZW and pray for the best almost like playing the lotto. Do I keep this dollar that has little value or do I trade it for a piece of paper that’s worth nothing but has a chance ( however so small) to be worth millions 

• Upvote 1

Right now? I'd keep Mike White. I don't see any point in swapping them at this point in time. I haven't seen anything from him in the NFL to warrant a trade with a possible exception to the Baltimore game he just played in. I'd rather see what White has to offer before trading him for a guy who has had the same amount of good games as White in 7 times the amount of total games played. 

I was more on the fence with this idea but went with White because of the above explaination. It's not strong reasoning but it was enough for me.