Baker Mayfield released (Merged)

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Was thinking the same exact thing .. was also thinking Niners may want to develop ZW if the price isn't to steep. (Maybe a 2nd ?)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Dunnie a second? Don’t think can get much if anything for Zach at this time. Hoping that he can be salvaged somewhat by next year so they can get a little something for him as I think his time here is done. Seems as if the Team has turned on him after that press conference and overall piss poor performance never mind the fan  base that has already cast its vote in favor of White or anyone else for that matter with the exception of Mayfield 

Overall that class is looking pretty damn good, especially now with Darnold getting his chance.  Allen has been a beast and Jackson is a former MVP already.  Oh and let's not forget, HOFer Mike White....

Crazy though just how bad this man has been.  On par with JaMarcus Russell as far as 1st overall busts.  

• More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Was thinking the same exact thing .. was also thinking Niners may want to develop ZW if the price isn't to steep. (Maybe a 2nd ?)

SF runs the offense we do (well actually the other way around); ZW isn't a good fit there anymore than he is a good fit here. I would say the same for Baker - he isn't a fit for SF. Someone will claim him. Watch the Pats grab him.

Our QB room is a mess.  I'd sign him and let him compete.  There would be no to low risk in signing him.  Wave Flacco anyone?  :) 

I totally lost confidence in WFW yesterday.   We need someone who can score from the red zone.  I don't care who that might be at this point.  Keep signing QB's till we find one.   

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 4

SF runs the offense we do (well actually the other way around); ZW isn't a good fit there anymore than he is a good fit here. I would say the same for Baker - he isn't a fit for SF. Someone will claim him. Watch the Pats grab him.
I could see that .. regarding ZW .. the only reason I thought of this was because it's a system he's been around for almost 2 years now.

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He was pretty damn good in 2020 too. 3500 yards 26 tds with 8 ints. That would prob break jets records 

a) it would not break jets records 

b) he still ultimately collapsed and my only point is that people overreact to rookie seasons. 

I don’t necessarily think his career is over, but people were projecting him to be an elite NFL QB after year 1. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Is he that bad?

No, he isn't.  The Panthers are that dysfunctional.  And I think Baker has been playing at less than 100% for a while now.  

I'd be perfectly happy signing him (for short money) as a depth QB for 2023.  He's better than Streveler, and (IMO at least) better than Zach Wilson and Flacco.  And probably better than White (TBD).

Keep grabbing QB's till you find the right one.  When you can't seem to draft the Man, you have to find other ways to find the Man.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Our QB room is a mess.  I'd sign him and let him compete.  There would be no to low risk in signing him.  Wave Flacco anyone?  :) 

I totally lost confidence in WFW yesterday.   We need someone who can score from the red zone.  I don't care who that might be at this point.  Keep signing QB's till we find one.   

lol

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, he isn't.  The Panthers are that dysfunctional.

I'd be perfectly happy signing him (for short money) as a depth QB for 2023.  He's better than Streveler, and (IMO at least) better than Zach Wilson.  And probably better than White (TBD).

Keep grabbing QB's till you find the right one.  When you can't seem to draft the Man, you have to find other ways to find the Man.

Sorry for the thumbs down Warfish. Like your posts. I'll delete it after my 2nd shot of Jim Beam.

• Haha 1