Zach starting Sunday (merged)

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Jets quarterback Mike White was limited in practice for the second straight day on Thursday, but it doesn’t sound like the Jets are on the verge of turning back to Zach Wilson as their starter.

White was able to return to action after suffering a rib injury on a big shot from Bills linebacker Matt Milano last Sunday and he told reporters on Thursday that he has no doubt that he’ll be on the field against the Lions this weekend.

“No, no, none at all,” White said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com.

Sunday’s game would be White’s fourth straight start since he replaced Wilson in the starting lineup. Wilson was inactive the last three games, but has been bumped up to the No. 2 quarterback role ahead of Joe Flacco this week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/15/mike-white-has-no-doubt-hell-play-sunday/

So Mike White had NO DOUBT he would play Sunday and would obviously know WTF in holy hell was going on with discussions with the coach and doctors and now he's not ******* playing ????????  This is bullsh*t

What are you so angry about? What's bulls@#$t?

Either white was trying to force his way into starting by saying he would play or the jets were trying to give out disinformation to the lions. 

Either way, who cares? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

MW is playing for a gigantic contract.  He said what he needed to say.  I don't think there's any cover up going on.  I really think the doctors didn't clear him to play.  

Exactly. The same way he forced himself back into the game on Sunday he was trying to force his way back on the field against the lions. 

The Jets never said White was cleared to play against the Lions.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What are you so angry about? What's bulls@#$t?

Either white was trying to force his way into starting by saying he would play or the jets were trying to give out disinformation to the lions. 

Either way, who cares? 

I care as a fan how my team conducts business and if this is some bullsh*t to get Zach in that would be infuriating. If they were doing this like You suggest they would have announced it on game day. 

• Post of the Week 2

The team needs to rally around Zach even though it is clear they do not like or respect him.   The next two games are winnable and the team has no margin for error.  Shame on them if they don't do what it takes to  win them both.   Play great defense and run the crap out of the ball.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So this would mean the Jets sent MW back out their Sunday with 4 broken ribs and the chance he could sustain a very severe injury ? I mean they took X-rays WTF !

What is it with this team and injuries and the lack of being forward with the diagnosis . 

Why are you taking what some random Twitter account is saying as Gospel? He probably has a bruised on an internal organ they they're protecting

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not a doctor, but I would think if you have enough broken ribs, you would be risking life-threatening internal injuries and a flak jacket probably isn't 100% full proof. 

But I have no idea. Total baseless speculation on my part. 

That begs the question. If he had multiple ribs broken, why send him back in to play. He could have died. And when he got back home they didn't immediately do further testing. They just let him tell everybody he felt good and that he'd play Sunday. Something smells real bad here. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

This is tough.  Because even though I like Mike White, he's played in like what... 7 games?  And gotten hurt at least 3 times?

If anything I think this is a confirmation of Mike White being at best a stop gap measure if Zach continues to poop himself on and off the field.

Talk about smooth though. "We're making Zach 2nd string, he's been doing everything great since we sat him... and oh yeah btw, Mike White is injured so this is really just starting Zach again."

The answer for the Jets at QB is clearly still not currently on the roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

And with the short week, Zach most likely starts against Jax as well

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yup.

He’s either on the express track to cementing his starting spot back, or he’s on the express track to ending his experiment entirely….he can only go up from here so we shall see 

• Upvote 1

Just now, genot said:

That begs the question. If he had multiple ribs broken, why send him back in to play. He could have died. And when he got back home they didn't immediately do further testing. They just let him tell everybody he felt good and that he'd play Sunday. Something smells real bad here. 

From reading Costello's tweet, it sounds like he does NOT have broken ribs but has some sort of additional internal injury that they discovered this week? 

I don't know, man

just a bummer

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No religion. 

No politics.

No chance tomorrow. 

Next year it is. 

The Lions and Seahawks games are less important than the Jags and, especially, fish for playoff hopes. Can’t afford to lose one of those, but can afford to lose to the Lions. 

I’m hoping Zach balls out. He’s come back better after these time outs every time. If not, then I guess you have to wonder if the short week will be enough time for White to be healthy enough for Thursday night. I’m sure no one likes it, but I’d venture to guess it’s Zach’s job now until he loses it. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. The same way he forced himself back into the game on Sunday he was trying to force his way back on the field against the lions. 

The Jets never said White was cleared to play against the Lions.

They were tight lipped for sure. Whenever they go silent I can feel the other shoe about to drop.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

From reading Costello's tweet, it sounds like he does NOT have broken ribs but has some sort of additional internal injury that they discovered this week? 

I don't know, man

just a bummer

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

To clear one thing up, Mike White was cleared to return to the game Sunday in Buffalo after he had X-Rays in the stadium. He had further, more precise testing this week that showed further injury and that led to him not being cleared for contact this week.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Did you not see White get crushed last week??? This is not a fake injury.

WTF are you talking about ? Who ever said it was a fake injury ? They did numerous x rays and CT scans and then proceeded to let him practice only to be pulled on Friday ? Go back and read no one said this was a fake injury but if this was serious enough with internal injuries or broken ribs MW should be no where near a practice field. If it did not come down to those injuries and was a simple pain management thing and the Jets put in Wilson as the starter I have a big issue with that. Either way this is not a good look and if it was this bad he should not have been near the field in the game after said hit

• Upvote 2

Just now, C Mart said:

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

To clear one thing up, Mike White was cleared to return to the game Sunday in Buffalo after he had X-Rays in the stadium. He had further, more precise testing this week that showed further injury and that led to him not being cleared for contact this week.

Right - X rays would have 100% revealed broken ribs. Hard to think they just missed them. 

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Yup.

He’s either on the express track to cementing his starting spot back, or he’s on the express track to ending his experiment entirely….he can only go up from here so we shall see 

Also If we make it into the playoffs it won't be with Mike White there's zero chance Saleh is pulling Wilson if we win the next two games regardless of Wilsons performance.....the most likely scenerio is WIlson sucks like he has his entire career and MW finish the season out of the playoffs.

• Haha 1