Zach starting Sunday (merged)

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

I blame this on Michael Carter, he missed the blitz pickup on the Milano hit.

As for Zach, MLF should call 30 RPOs this game and QB option run plays

Sure, but we also have to acknowledge that Mike White has sustained some kind of injury in 4 of his 6 career starts. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Mike White has not been cleared for contact because the rib fracture he is dealing with has not healed enough to the point where the doctors feel good enough about him taking a hit, which could pierce his stomach. Ribs tend to heal quickly so there's always hope that the rib would "move" enough to be cleared, but it simply hasn't. 

The plan was to bring Zach back this week "the soonest", but they also had planned to have him be inactive for 2 weeks, then backup, then (potentially) starting this week. Instead, he was active 3 weeks, temporarily promoted to backup but will start due to injury. 

It's important to note that Mike White has not lost his job. Zach will need to play well to keep the job. There's no saying whether White will be cleared by Jacksonville, but it appears unlikely. With that, it would seemingly mean 2 weeks for Zach and if he does not do enough to keep the job, they will go back to Mike White for the final 2 weeks. 

FWIW, many players have indicated that this was by far Zach's best week of practice all season long. 

Why wasn't ZW #2 last week?

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

Robert Saleh said he'd already decided Zach Wilson would be the No. 2 for this week way back on Friday last week. So Mike White's rib injury had nothing to do with it, he said.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Mike White has not been cleared for contact because the rib fracture he is dealing with has not healed enough to the point where the doctors feel good enough about him taking a hit, which could pierce his stomach. Ribs tend to heal quickly so there's always hope that the rib would "move" enough to be cleared, but it simply hasn't. 

The plan was to bring Zach back this week "the soonest", but they also had planned to have him be inactive for 2 weeks, then backup, then (potentially) starting this week. Instead, he was active 3 weeks, temporarily promoted to backup but will start due to injury. 

It's important to note that Mike White has not lost his job. Zach will need to play well to keep the job. There's no saying whether White will be cleared by Jacksonville, but it appears unlikely. With that, it would seemingly mean 2 weeks for Zach and if he does not do enough to keep the job, they will go back to Mike White for the final 2 weeks. 

FWIW, many players have indicated that this was by far Zach's best week of practice all season long. 

If Mike whites only fear is Zach Wilson playing well. He doesn't have much to worry about. We have seen all year Zach suck. I hope that we can at least win one of these two games with Zach by some miracle.

Fingers crossed 

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Thanks. I’m sure MW is still in the mix and normally I would hate the idea of a game by game QB situation, but intense pressure is what Zach needs to prove he can handle mentally so bring it on lol 

Just now, C Mart said:

Robert Saleh said he'd already decided Zach Wilson would be the No. 2 for this week way back on Friday last week. So Mike White's rib injury had nothing to do with it, he said.

It was simply part of their process. They went into it figuring they would give him 2 weeks on the side and last week as a backup, but with Mike White playing really well, they wanted to give Zach an extra week working on the scout team. They felt it was more productive than having him get limited reps as a backup

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

My take: A few things happen in the days following the initial injury slash med review. Swelling/bleeding in the bruised internal areas putting pressure on internal organs. He could have a small tube sticking out of his rib cage right now draining stuff out. But here's what I think, and it won't be popular: Mike White can barely breath, and the pain is overwhelming. His doctor called 'no mas' for him to save the fan reaction.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

When he posts, I'm more excited to see football guy than any other person in my entire life. Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, football guy said:

It was simply part of their process. They went into it figuring they would give him 2 weeks on the side and last week as a backup, but with Mike White playing really well, they wanted to give Zach an extra week working on the scout team. They felt it was more productive than having him get limited reps as a backup

any idea if Strev will be the backup?

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Because he was still working on the things they wanted him to work on.  They didn't want him to be focused on game plans (in case he got in against the Bills).  

Just now, Matt39 said:

Kind of sounds like per football guy that the Jets doctors are being conservative with White to get Wilson another shot against two weaker defenses. It’s an easy alibi. It sounds like Saleh wants Whire to play. 

Could be. 

I also do think it makes sense to be conservative when it comes to the risk for internal injuries. Just another typical thing that happens to this franchise, for whatever reason.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Also If we make it into the playoffs it won't be with Mike White there's zero chance Saleh is pulling Wilson if we win the next two games regardless of Wilsons performance.....the most likely scenerio is WIlson sucks like he has his entire career and MW finish the season out of the playoffs.

If he doesn’t pick up his play these next 2 games and the team has to turn back to MW….He’s gonna be on the outside looking in coming into TC next year 

He needs to have in his mind that his career is on the line the next two weeks and play with a sense of urgency….if that thought rattles him too much he’s not the guy anyways ??‍♂️

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but we also have to acknowledge that Mike White has sustained some kind of injury in 4 of his 6 career starts. 

Because he stands in the pocket and delivers. Doesn’t run like a spinning top while getting the offense out of rhythm. OL should’ve protected him better. He gets rid of the ball quicker than basically anyone but Brady. OL ****ed this up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Could be. 

I also do think it makes sense to be conservative when it comes to the risk for internal injuries. Just another typical thing that happens to this franchise, for whatever reason.

Exactly 

I don’t get it…why the need for conspiracy for some? Internal injuries are no joke. Drew Bledsoe almost died from Mo Lewis’ hit on him….

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Ribs do NOT heal quickly. I fractured 3 ribs 1 year and 4 days ago and they are still not healed.

Also, your bolded is not really reality. In fact Saleh has been very very careful to never say it was Mike White's job. 

Unless he plays like NE Zach starts the rest of the season and Mike White might not even be on the team next year. It's not what I want just the reality of the situation.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

The Lions and Seahawks games are less important than the Jags and, especially, fish for playoff hopes. Can’t afford to lose one of those, but can afford to lose to the Lions. 

I’m hoping Zach balls out. He’s come back better after these time outs every time. If not, then I guess you have to wonder if the short week will be enough time for White to be healthy enough for Thursday night. I’m sure no one likes it, but I’d venture to guess it’s Zach’s job now until he loses it. 

The Jets can not afford to lose any games. They're in 9th place in playoffs standings 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Kind of sounds like per football guy that the Jets doctors are being conservative with White to get Wilson another shot against two weaker defenses. It’s an easy alibi. It sounds like Saleh wants Whire to play. 

Jets better hope that isn’t true and, if so, doesn’t leak bc it would not be good for them. 

• Upvote 1

OMG my hopes of 8-6 were just shattered. ZW is this teams weakest link without a doubt. Get ready for a 3-3 game midway through the 4th. Knuckle balls in the dirt, late read tip pass ints galore, and some nice fumble sacks for Z on the way. 7-7 book it.  Playoffs fading away and I'm sad as fck now. :(

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

Just now, DireJet said:

Because he stands in the pocket and delivers. Doesn’t run like a spinning top while getting the offense out of rhythm. OL should’ve protected him better. He gets rid of the ball quicker than basically anyone but Brady. OL ****ed this up. 

Understood. 

But there are good QBs who stand in the pocket and deliver and don't appear to be so brittle. 

Any longterm starting QB is going to take hits and get hurt at various times. I do think it's fair to question if Mike White can be durable enough to do that and consistently stay on the field. 

• Upvote 2