Corey Davis Out

LockeJET

Can't wait to trade this injury prone under achiever and let Mims step into the role.

Trade? You really think someone will give up an asset for an overpaid injury prone underachiever.

I would imagine he will be cut next year, but a trade does not seem likely
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lith said:

Trade? You really think someone will give up an asset for an overpaid injury prone underachiever.

I would imagine he will be cut next year, but a trade does not seem likely

They might get a 5th based on his past success alone. Some teams need wr help badly. He's tall which helps his stock.

They might get a 5th based on his past success alone. Some teams need wr help badly. He's tall which helps his stock.

Maybe. But I don’t think it’s likely. I believe he is due $12M next season which would be due from acquiring team. I think a cut is more likely than trade.
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Davis is done here.  I like him but hes not reliable.  He has been nowhere to be found down the stretch.  

Cut him and bring in someone who can actually stay on the field.

This seals corey davis's fate here.

This might be considered stupid? How dare this sissy get a concussion.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Davis is done here.  I like him but hes not reliable.  He has been nowhere to be found down the stretch.  

It's beyond frustrating, but it's not like it's his fault. If he finishes strong I bet they want him back - but only if we make the playoffs and he excels. 

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This news of Davis also out just flat out sucks.

We just can’t catch a break injury-wise on the offensive side of the ball.

What’s next? Q Williams is probably next. But he’s on Defence. Ah never mind.

Injury bug really derailed our whole season, for us to still be in the race is amazing and doesn’t get enough credit!  People forget we’re on our 35th lineman when other teams lose 1 tackle is okay but when we lose 5 we’re still suppose to make the super bowl 

Just now, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Injury bug really derailed our whole season, for us to still be in the race is amazing and doesn’t get enough credit!  People forget we’re on our 35th lineman when other teams lose 1 tackle is okay but when we lose 5 we’re still suppose to make the super bowl 

Not only that, poor OL doesn’t help QB play. Zach runs around like a chicken without a head and MW now has broken ribs. Lots here forget that everything goes hand in hand.

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cimini said today that CD is due to make $13 million next year and that there’s no way he will be back at that price tag.

Zach's future is on the line.  Corey Davis is irrelevant.  Zach MUST find the open man and put the ball in his hands. There's no tomorrow if he doesn't.  My prediction is he finally takes advantage of the immensely talented Garrett Wilson, who will most often be the open man.  They both have a career days.  Jets fans celebrate ?  

On 12/16/2022 at 1:30 PM, Lith said:

Maybe. But I don’t think it’s likely. I believe he is due $12M next season which would be due from acquiring team. I think a cut is more likely than trade.

$10.5MM but that's splitting hairs. You're right: no one's trading for him when they can sign him as a UFA for less. At his peak post-draft value he got $12.5MM/yr as a UFA. 

He played 8.5 games last year and so far just 7.5 games this year.

When he leaves games in the first half - I don't doubt he had to get pulled; no one actually wants to see him harmed - it ***s the team  more than not suiting up in the first place. The team spends the week gameplanning for him to be out there, taking up 1st team snaps from his replacement, and leaving so early in the game is worse than being an upcoming scratch already on Tuesday night. 

I don't think he's a wuss or anything like that - these are real injuries & he makes tough catches in traffic - but he just isn't reliable enough to command an 8-figure salary next year. In his 6 year career he's had 2 seasons where he didn't miss any games to injury (no one seriously begrudges him missing 2 non-injury games to covid in 2020 as the only reason he didn't eclipse 1000 yards). 

Anyway, this looks like it'll be back to back seasons here with under 500 yards (in 17-game seasons, mind you). As a career 50 yds/game WR he isn't omg enough when healthy to offset missing so many games. After 2 half-seasons in NY, I think his going rate will be ~$8MM (give or take $1MM) so I can't see anyone giving up any draft picks to get him for as much as $3MM more than that.

I will add, though, if a trade can be had the right GM is in place to get it done. Tall order, though. The only thing his expiring now-overpriced contract has in it, of benefit to his new team, is that $0 of it's guaranteed. So in theory if only a 7th was surrendered (or swapped), his new team could cut him before Sept and owe him nothing.

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Was he ever really in?

I was just outlining above that it's easier on Zach to have Davis miss the game, in the sense that he won't have the opportunity for looking to lean on him heavily all week long and then Davis leaves the game in the first half, making the extra reps with him a waste of time in hindsight.

• Garrett Wilson is a ****ing stud.
  • Moore wants the ball very, very badly.
  • ZW had more of an on-field rapport with Berrios than White did anyway.
  • His TEs are healthy.
  • Out of the backfield MC1 is still a good receiver & Bam's like the only one on the team who hasn't dropped a pass yet this year. 

Really, even without Davis this is plenty enough firepower to handle Detroit's defense. They give up lots of yards and lots of TDs. 

• Sympathy 1