All Douglas Had To Do Was Go Chalk...

5 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

And just think how much better off this team would be right now...

Tristan Wirfs at Tackle was the chalk pick over questionably too big Becton...

Becton is not playing and may never play again...

Justin Fields from OSU at QB over Wilson from BYU was the chalk pick...

Fields is improving, Wilson is regressing...

Douglas just had to go and overthink it...

He just had to go for the home run instead of the sure base hit...

You can't strike out on 2 premium 1st round picks without devastating effects...

This is on you, Joe Douglas...

Amen, when fans outdraft the GM, it's time for a change.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 8

5 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

You can't strike out on 2 premium 1st round picks without devastating effects...

Douglas likes to swing big. When you are competing in a conference with Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow and Josh Allen, always playing it safe up the fairway isn't going to get it done. 

He swing and missed with Wilson, but it won't stop him doing it again if he gets a chance to dramatically improve the QB. He'll explore the trademarket and be aggressive if he has to. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

And look how that worked out. 

also he was the 4th. The total project that is Trey Lance was the next waterfall up after Zach.

competition matters. 

Well, I'm not sure what Fields is yet.  But even if you assume that's the case.  That's not the point of the OP.

He wasn't the scratch pick.  Scratch pick at #2 overall doesn't go 11.  Surely might still be the Wong deacons but the whole premise of this thread is based on a fallacy.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

JC go apply for the GM job. Freakin armchair GMs. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, I'm not sure what Fields is yet.  But even if you assume that's the case.  That's not the point of the OP.

He wasn't the scratch pick.  Scratch pick at #2 overall doesn't go 11.  Surely might still be the Wong deacons but the whole premise of this thread is based on a fallacy.

I would argue he was, that pick. Shoulda been anyway. Somehow teams talked themselves out of it down the stretch… which, given what’s happened since, is now the latest pelican brief case of FOMO

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's hard to get mad about 6th Rd draft picks but because Braden Mann was one, he's gotten too many chances. That punt return today was on the him. Another Joe Douglas masterstroke 

I also wonder about the decision to rely on Joyner at FS that dude was washed last year 

Hey Matt  say the Jets tank out (a very real possibility) and go 7-10  or 8-9 where do you figure they'd be picking?

24 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

as soon as i am critical of Wilson or Douglas on this board, there is always someone that posts dumb sh*t and makes me want to push the cart the other way.

The bears have 3 wins, and Fields has been bad a lot. In no universe do i want Fields...talk to me about drafting Chase, Sewell, Parsons, or any of the other HOF'ers from that top 15. Even that i get, if you dont understand drafting a QB in todays NFL no matter the risk, i got nothing to explain to you.

Bechton is hurt....i know you magicians can predict when GVR gets pushed backwards onto your leg ahead of time...but thats a skill others do not have. Also while healthy Wirfs has been good....he is playing with Tom Brady, guy is the master of the quick passing game...that matters.

Oh BTW Joe Douglas just drafted us potentially top 5 players at their positions IN THE NFL. I know he is not a doctor and cant cure injuries, but no one is perfect.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Uh fellas, you do know that we have a chance to have both the defensive and offensive rookies of the year this year?  And another leading offensive rookie of the year candidate got hurt halfway through a year where he was kicking serious ass.  And the crappy GM who picked them all also picked up Bam Knight as an UDFA and Mike White, out best QB in the last 10 years, off waivers.   Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but Joe Douglas would be out of work for about 2 seconds before getting 8 requests for interviews, that’s how the rest of the world views our GM.  

They said that about Joe Girardi after the Yankees let him go. He was out of baseball for 2 years and is now unemployed again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

He blew basically the entire 2020 draft and 2 first rounders. I find it hard to get past that regardless of subsequent good picks.

what do you suggest? fire him because he had a bad draft? please find me a GM that hasnt had a bad draft. Jesus its a ******* draft. you people...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I like where the team is headed but if we’re being honest Douglas blew two entire drafts, with high picks, with the exception of AVT. 

I don't think you can say this.  The blown 2020 draft is clear but was conducted with Gase as HC in a different system.  2021 is mixed with Zach leaning towards fail, Moore decent to good WR2, Carter decent to good RB2, MCII better than average slot CB. Nasrilideen/Echols TBD.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Don’t forget Mims. Dude has not scored a single touchdown in 3 years. That is hard to do. 

When you don’t play, it’s not that hard.

you can go through the draft probably with every team and play this game.  That’s why I’m never upset in trading high draft picks for established players - they’re just lottery tickets.  

• Upvote 2