Garrett Wilson's antics

LSJF

I agree to an extent.  The cameras are looking for that too. There were a lot of reaction shots of MW too. The tv guys know where the story is. 

at the end of the day the jets have a fractured locker room 

edit to change my reaction after seeing the hug tweet to “I ******* love Garrett Wilson “

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

It's got to be frustrating when you're doing the best you can and your QB can't throw right. That said he almost got 100 receiving yards today.

Zach missed one throw to him - maybe two depending on how you look at it...

and he had 98 yards on the day. 

the OP is right, he should cut that sh*t out...Guys make bad throws - and Zach def. goes through struggles...But he'll make big plays later.  Sounds like G. Wilson wants to win, wants to put up big numbers.  So no biggie, but he does need to grow up.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Would love to get @football guy take on this because he seems to have a good pulse of the inner workings.

let’s say mw is cleared for Thursday. Is it truly just the coaches decision on who starts or us the locker room a big player here?

The locker room is fine. The expectation is they will go week to week. Very unlikely White is available this week and if he is, Jets still will likely start Zach. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LSJF said:

Yes, he's amazing..however getting sick of the on field antics... the throwing up of the hand in disgust, walking off the field shaking his head in disgust and pouting...

Don't show up your teammates EVEN if Zach does suck, be a pro, not a dbag...We all want to win, be cool...

******************NO this thread is not about Zach...  Yes Garrett is great, I just hope he doesn't become a locker room lawyer... 

he’s a competitor and just wants to win. It’s not about him being a diva. You rather not see it but I’d rather a guy who cares and wants to be perfect than the guy who doesn’t every day of the week 

• Upvote 1

The tweet about the refs showed this too but it won’t help.  

if this is what GW is I’ll take it, but I don’t think he is doing himself any favors.  

He’s probably got himself surrounded with “Yes Men” telling him that all of this is fine.      Hopefully he matures and doesn’t lean into a WR Diva roll.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LSJF said:

Yes, he's amazing..however getting sick of the on field antics... the throwing up of the hand in disgust, walking off the field shaking his head in disgust and pouting...

Don't show up your teammates EVEN if Zach does suck, be a pro, not a dbag...We all want to win, be cool...

******************NO this thread is not about Zach...  Yes Garrett is great, I just hope he doesn't become a locker room lawyer... 

I for one like to see it! 

Why do we all have to pretend that sub par qb play if ok and that our team should just be happy with it. He is not bashing the team he is just pisst the qb cant throw the ball to him when he is open consistently. You have no problem when he is all jack ed up after a big catch. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why do we all have to pretend that sub par qb play if ok and that our team should just be happy with it. He is not bashing the team he is just pisst the qb cant throw the ball to him when he is open consistently. You have no problem when he is all jack ed up after a big catch. 

Do it on the sideline in a constructive heated manner… not in front of everybody, how does that help? 

31 minutes ago, football guy said:

he’s a competitor and just wants to win. It’s not about him being a diva. You rather not see it but I’d rather a guy who cares and wants to be perfect than the guy who doesn’t every day of the week 

Take it to the sideline in a heated discussion in a constructive way… not in front of everybody

27 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He can complain all he wants - just not publicly.  

What's the point of showing up your teammates? What good does that do?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LSJF said:

I definitely hear your point and kind of agree with you.  Keep that stuff in-house.  But I can't be too upset at GW's passion.

I honestly think this is a #MikeWhiteEffect because his teammates seem to love MW and it's amplifying ZW's shortcomings

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

We need to get Zach off this roster before every player starts showing public disgust and/or demanding a trade. Never seen anything like this.

Is Joe Douglas paying attention? Hope so or things could get ugly for the remainder of the games and through the offseason. 

I thought this was a little overblown going into the Lions game but no longer.  I do think there is a real rift in the locker room.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Are we sure his reactions aren't based on never getting a call? Seems to me he is constantly held or interfered with and he's the one the NFL fines lol

Hope so, and if he does have a problem, take it to the sideline… but yeah, I didn’t think of what you were saying

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

Boomer commented on this stuff this morning on the radio. He is no Zach fanboy and said he doesn't like it. Says if he had a WR do that to him when he was playing there would be a problem. Also, that Zach is still young and some of these players need to stop it.

Boomer is a chode. This further validated my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Are we sure his reactions aren't based on never getting a call? Seems to me he is constantly held or interfered with and he's the one the NFL fines lol

This is how I see it. On one pass, the announcer said he showed frustration at Zach. But it was clear, Wilson was upset with the ref. He is getting held a lot.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Non-issue

He also embraced ZW after the game and praised him in the postgame. 

Also, he's had three 90+ yard games with ZW at QB. I think a lot of this stuff is overblown. 

Exactly. GW seems like he is very passionate about the game and wears his emotions on his sleeves. If I recall correctly, he was the guy who was jumping up and down on the sidelines when we recovered the onside kick in Cleveland.

This is very much overblown.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, LSJF said:

You want players who don't care that much?

4 hours ago, LSJF said:

F**k Zach and his feelings.

• Haha 2