Lamar Jackson talk is completely triggering me

JohnnyLV

4 minutes ago, King P said:

What if Baltimore hits him with the non exclusive tag and he can sign with a team instead of being traded?

If they use the non-exclusive tag, and he signs with another team, Ravens would get two 1s if they don't match the offer.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you're Derek Carr's agent and you know how desperate the Jets are for a QB, are you only going to ask for 3 seasons?  You might think "well, we can just cut him after 3 seasons and we're off the hook".  But that's why he's going to demand a ton of guaranteed money.

Derek Carr is under contract. If he's traded, Jets don't have to do anything and he has no guarantees past next year.

If he's cut, then yes, he'll get a sizable amount of guarantees with additional years, but who cares? How many more decades should we waste looking for at least average qb play? We have a young core of talented players, I don't want to waste them searching for a qb.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Derek Carr is under contract. If he's traded, Jets don't have to do anything and he has no guarantees past next year.

If he's cut, then yes, he'll get a sizable amount of guarantees with additional years, but who cares? How many more decades should we waste looking for at least average qb play? We have a young core of talented players, I don't want to waste them searching for a qb.

I'm assuming he'll be cut.

As far as average QB play, I hear you but I also want us to win a SB.  I hate the idea of locking into a QB for the long-term who is not "the guy".  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, football guy said:

We were also the odds on favorites to land Deshaun at one point. 

If Lamar is traded, the Atlanta Falcons would be the team who acquires him. Book it. 

I'm 100% sure Watson would be a Jet if it were not for the allegations. We had all the ammo to do it without sacrificing too much. He wanted to play for Saleh.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'd be stunned if Carr allows a trade over hitting FA. I think 3 years $100m fully guaranteed gets it done.

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm assuming he'll be cut.

As far as average QB play, I hear you but I also want us to win a SB.  I hate the idea of locking into a QB for the long-term who is not "the guy".  

I hear you. But we haven't found the guy for 50+ years. What gives you any confidence we'll find one soon enough so as not to waste sauce, GW, quinnen, breece, avt and the rest of our decent talent? 

If we can win while we continue to the search for a qb over the next couple years, isn't that worth it?

I'm sick of losing. It's enough. 10 years is plenty of time to wait for your team, we need better today. Not tomorrow. Today.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

If they use the non-exclusive tag, and he signs with another team, Ravens would get two 1s if they don't match the offer.

I'm fully aware of that.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

You'd still have to trade 2 firsts for him

I know you'd have to give up 2 1st rounders. My point is that it's not a direct trade. Lamar would have to sign with a team first.

I brought it up because @football guy said he thinks if Lamar gets traded, that he land in ATL. I brought up the non exclusive tag because I'm essentially asking if he thinks Lamar would choose the Falcons over us if given the choice to pick his destination

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, King P said:

I'm fully aware of that.

I know you'd have to give up 2 1st rounders. My point is that it's not a direct trade. Lamar would have to sign with a team first.

I brought it up because @football guy said he thinks if Lamar gets traded, that he land in ATL. I brought up the non exclusive tag because I'm essentially asking if he thinks Lamar would choose the Falcons over us if given the choice to pick his destination

Ah okk I gotcha. Yea I could see Atlanta being attractive. There is not good team in that division and he'd have Pitts to throw to.

• Upvote 1

I just read the last page of this. I ignored this thread pretty much because I just think this is fiction. It would be so out of character for JD to burn up so much draft capital for a QB. I think he believes he can draft one or Zach will work out given time. What happens if he stays the course is he picks up a vet QB that shakes lose, probably Carr or Dalton. We might end up with another QB from this draft. I am still holding out hope we draft Hooker. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

... Just checking in to see if @Johnnysd is still triggered ? Or has he imploded completely as the indie talking heads like Assman are juicing this incredulous idea up ? My guess is that OC and QB are linked.

1. JD values draft capital

2. JD might still believe in Zach

3. JD believes in a balanced roster

4. JD knows Lamar will play 50% of the snaps he would get paid for.

5. JD never makes snap judgement calls.

6. JD has patience.

7. JD could give a **** about what this delusional minority thinks.

... ... i knew all along ... it was derek carr ...  (michael corleone voice)

Edited by Dunnie

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... Just checking in to see if @Johnnysd is still triggered ? Or has he imploded completely as the indie talking heads like Assman are juicing this incredulous idea up ?

6. JD has patience.

JD is gonna be all in and this year and try to make a big splash at QB position. His job is on the line here

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

JD is gonna be all in and this year and try to make a big splash at QB position. His job is on the line here

I just think he knows that Lamar eating 1/4 of the cap is not the way to go. If its a HEAVILY incentivized deal based on availability ... maybe i guess.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

This has picked up a ton of steam these last few days btw 

50 Million Guaranteed, crazy!!!

What has the guy won and he is now a running QB who is injury prone!

I laugh more than 80% of the folks out here said Lamar Jackson was never going to be any good.

While some of us said when he was coming out then he would good but not on the Jets and not with our fan base. 

Now some of the same folks who trashed Lamar before now say we should give him 50 Million Dollars  per year, when a good team who has designed a specific offense for him and surrounded him with talent is reluctant to pay him!

Maybe the Ravens who know Jackson best, know what they are doing and perhaps they know something we don’t!!

The dude turned down 48.5 Million Dollars!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Apparently he has a no trade clause so without guarantees he won’t accept a trade. He can force Raiders hand. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... Just checking in to see if @Johnnysd is still triggered ? Or has he imploded completely as the indie talking heads like Assman are juicing this incredulous idea up ? My guess is that OC and QB are linked.

6. JD has patience.

JD has never had his back to the wall. I could see him spending money and picks in the future that he may not be here to use anyway. The mindset morphs when you get on the hot seat. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

JD has never had his back to the wall. I could see him spending money and picks in the future that he may not be here to use anyway. The mindset morphs when you get on the hot seat. 

A lot of assumptions about a GM who hasn’t won anything. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Get Lamar, draft a sh*t load of linemen, if you can swing it, get Hopkins. This is the way.

Do you guys realize how unstoppable this offense would be with Lamar and Breece Hall? How the **** would anyone defend that sh*t

I agree it’d be a lot of fun to watch that offense

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Hmm interesting, Asman has 2 sources in Houston saying otherwise but that it ended with the allegations.

Nah the fonts here know more, the same ones who were sooooooo sure that we were also keeping darnold. I believe Jake Asman 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

6. JD has patience.

i prefer Carr over Lamar. Carr missed 2 games in 9 years. Lamar missed 12 games in 4 years. 

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:
Year Age Tm GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate QBR GWD
Care Care   61 45-16-0 1055 1655 63.7 12209 101 38 96.7   1
2018 21 BAL 7 6-1-0 99 170 58.2 1201 6 3 84.5 42.6 1
2019*+ 22 BAL 15 13-2-0 265 401 66.1 3127 36 6 113.3 83.0 2
2020 23 BAL 15 11-4-0 242 376 64.4 2757 26 9 99.3 67.3 1
2021* 24 BAL 12 7-5-0 246 382 64.4 2882 16 13 87.0 50.7 4
2022 25 BAL 12 8-4-0 203 326 62.3 2242 17 7 91.1 59.5 2

Lamar Jackson the past two seasons:
24 games played and 15-9 record as a starter
Total games missed: 10
5,124 yards passing
33 Touchdowns and 20 Interceptions

These past two seasons Lamar Jackson appears to be trending down. I can see why the Ravens are not so quick to give in to his contract demands. Now let's compare that to Derek Carr for the same past two seasons.

Year Age Tm GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate QBR GWD
Care Care   142 63-79-0 3201 4958 64.6 35222 217 99 91.8   33
2014 23 OAK 16 3-13-0 348 599 58.1 3270 21 12 76.6 42.1 1
2015* 24 OAK 16 7-9-0 350 573 61.1 3987 32 13 91.1 43.1 4
2016* 25 OAK 15 12-3-0 357 560 63.8 3937 28 6 96.7 56.1 7
2017* 26 OAK 15 6-9-0 323 515 62.7 3496 22 13 86.4 50.5 1
2018 27 OAK 16 4-12-0 381 553 68.9 4049 19 10 93.9 46.5 3
2019 28 OAK 16 7-9-0 361 513 70.4 4054 21 8 100.8 64.1 3
2020 29 LVR 16 8-8-0 348 517 67.3 4103 27 9 101.4 64.3 5
2021 30 LVR 17 10-7-0 428 626 68.4 4804 23 14 94.0 52.4 6
2022 31 LVR 15 6-9-0 305 502 60.8 3522 24 14 86.3 55.6 3

Derek Carr the past two seasons:
32 games played and 16-16 record as a starter
Total games missed: 0
8,326 yards passing
47 Touchdowns and 28 Interceptions

Give me Derek Carr for zero draft picks - or at worst one day three draft pick - instead of Lamar Jackson for a trade package to the Ravens similar to what the Broncos gave in to the Seahawks for Russell Wilson. 

I'm sorry, but the Lamar advocates refuse to accept any discussion about draft pick costs, Jackson's missing 1/3 of the games over the last 2 seasons (which is likely to increase given his playing style), and aversion to throwing to WRs.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

12 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Carr has a no-trade clause.  He has to approve any trade and he won't do so until his new team gives him an expensive new deal. Trade or not, it doesn't matter.  Carr is getting a shiny new rich contract.

I'm sorry, but the Lamar advocates refuse to accept any discussion about draft pick costs, Jackson's missing 1/3 of the games over the last 2 seasons (which is likely to increase given his playing style), and aversion to throwing to WRs.  
Bingo

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Nah the fonts here know more, the same ones who were sooooooo sure that we were also keeping darnold. I believe Jake Asman 

You get your football information from Jake Asman and you are insulting other people? lmao  Plus you thought Zach WIlson was Patrick Mahomes a month ago calm down.