Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You should be more concerned with how mediocre a combine you preferred draftable QB had, lol.

Word is Tanner McKee did not look good, inaccurate and not as strong armed as expected.  

Yep.  Underwhelming in the combine,  

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Ugh some dude diligence makes it sound like he's going through the motions

Yup!

I mean these guys can't be that naive.  Rodgers good friend, former OC, worked with him for two MVP's - they're telling us he hasn't spoken to him yet?  Give me a break.

There is already tons of news that JD has been speaking with the Packers for a while on deal terms.  

This is done and will be announced today.  

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

"ZACH WILSON: IF JETS SIGN QB, 'I'M GOING TO MAKE THAT DUDE'S LIFE HELL'"

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/zach-wilson-if-jets-sign-veteran-qb-im-going-to-make-that-dudes-life-hell

Ok... How Will Zach Wilson Make Life Hell For Aaron Rodgers ??? Let's hear it.  

Is Wilson going to put Bengay in AR's jockstrap ??? 

Zach will do commercials  with Jake from Statefarm

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If Woody isn’t going to have a VP of Football he should be meddling. He’s the boss. That’s the way he’s set it up. He sets the ground rules, accountability and expectations.The issue is Woody comes and go leaving no one truly in charge. Saleh was on an interview talking about how much he golfs for crying out loud lol. 

The bigger issue is Woody doesn't know jack sh*t about football

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, he's been the outright GM-in-reality of a team with a nearly identical record as our Jets over the last 20 years.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/worst-teams-in-the-last-20-years-in-nfl

You all think Woody meddles, lol, you know nothing John Snow, till you know Dan Snyder, lol.

And unlike the Jets, the Commanders have declined in the DC area to a level thought impossible for an NFL Franchise.

It's gonna be amazing when the team, at an all-time nadir in local interest and ticket sales, sells for an all-time high for NFL teams soon.

Goes to show the immense value of an NFL Franchise, even one so well and truly mismanaged as the 'Skins/'Ders.

so our crappy owner isnt as bad as Daniel Snyder, at least we have that going for us

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He's usually on McAafee on Tuesdays....wonder if he will make an appearance today?

I could be wrong but during his last appearance on McAfee, AR thanked them all for the fun season. In other words, he’s done being on McAfee, at least until maybe next season

Let's also keep in mind.  Jets are promising Rodgers real input.

He's going to want to be part of the FA process and recruiting players.  That sh*t needs to start now.  He needs to get in house so he can start working for March 15th.  

Legal tamping period or not - it's all happening now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Garropolo/Minshew is a fun 10 win season my friend.  While also being able to plan for a young franchise qb.

It is the best of both worlds.

How does a tandem of Garropolo/Minshew help us "plan for a young franchise QB" better than Rodgers (who will only be here 1-2 years)?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

This is one way to present it  but he is still the best guy available.  An argument can be made for Lamar but he is looking like he is starting to break down physically with all the missed games and the fact that he is his own agent is going to make him impossible to deal with.  People can squawk all they want but if we do get Rodgers he will put up the best numbers ever by a Jets QB this year.  

Rodgers has been my #2 choice in this process all along it certainly has the highest ceiling for a QB move but I also feel it is a huge risk.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Let's also keep in mind.  Jets are promising Rodgers real input.

He's going to want to be part of the FA process and recruiting players.  That sh*t needs to start now.  He needs to get in house so he can start working for March 15th.  

Legal tamping period or not - it's all happening now.  

Yes, let an ego maniac qb start making player personnel decisions for your franchise

Good grief…………

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

We can all see the tea leaves from here. Arguably the biggest meetings of Jets history going down in the last 48 hours. Hopefully Rodgers makes a quick decision

My guess is the leaves in that meeting aren't tea, at all.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Ugh some dude diligence makes it sound like he's going through the motions

I think the “due diligence” was Rappaport confirming that the Jets actually got permission from the Packers to speak to Rodgers.  It was widely reported that the Jets and Rodgers spoke, but no one had officially confirmed that it wasn’t tampering.

• Upvote 1