Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers is slurping this up. I would not be surprised if he’s reading this board as we speak. (His screen name is @bitonti)

Yeah he’s not retiring and definitely coming to New York, he loves this spotlight and it will only grow bigger from the day he comes to NY. 

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

2 Things.

1.  I think it moved.

2.  If Sauce legitimately broadcasts himself burning the cheesehead in the $35 fire pit he got from Home Depot(for the sole purpose of burning said cheesehead) the Jets should announce immediately that #1 will be retired the second he retires.  Bonus points if he makes s’mores

Dude has a neon green sauce sign above a life sized lithograph of himself in his bedroom. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Let him retire. What a joke. We have to fly the owner, and half the front office/staff out to him convince him to play a game for $59 million in 2023. 

what a terribly run organization we have here. have some integrity.

FFS WE beat his ass last season

amen what kind of organization DEBASES themselves to suck on the teet of has-beens

utterly pathetic, but it's par the course for this organization

instead of making moves that steady the ship we always look for shortcuts which never ******* work.

Pathetic. We had the best draft by far last year, were going to throw it all away. JOKE ORGANIZATION

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

Woof I hope the retirement talk is for theatrics.

I just can’t see him wanting to retire after an bad season where he missed the playoffs. I kjj no if he is a different kind of guy, so you never know, but I would think he would want to come back after the way last season ended.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Brady was a shell at 44 and is retired.  Manning was done at 40.  Morrall was done already at 38 and was a back up to Griese and never had to throw on that team.  Elway was done at 39.  It's a cliff for old QBs. They play well and then they are terrible the next season. That is a real possibility with Rodgers.  So yes - take a shot. But don't provide GB compensation for an MVP QB when you are likely getting middle of the pack performance at best with a 39-40 year old.  

Elway was done at 39?  Define done.  He retired at 39 after his 3rd straight pro bowl 2nd straight super bowl winning season.  Think if he elected to play at 40 the Jets would/should have turned him down? 

3 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

amen what kind of organization DEBASES themselves to suck on the teet of has-beens

utterly pathetic, but it's par the course for this organization

instead of making moves that steady the ship we always look for shortcuts which never ******* work.

Pathetic. We had the best draft by far last year, were going to throw it all away. JOKE ORGANIZATION

Ncaa Sports Sport GIF by BYU Cougars

• Haha 1