Jets Negotiating With Lazard [Signed 4 years $44M]

SR24

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They did cut berrios so if they get rid of moore too, they’re gonna need a new slot.

We may have forgotten / forgiven him for his mid season blow up, but what about the coaching staff? Jets are trying to change the culture here, I want moore to stay and chalk it up to immaturity, but I can def see why he could be moved. He came off as an extremely selfish guy when things weren’t going his way.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

It’s alright. Lazard isn’t great. He’s ok

Yeah I think I’m a little over excited lol he’s a decent player never been great but brings some good size to the roster. Should be a good red zone threat and has good chemistry with Rodgers. Not a home run but not bad 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

You’d think somewhere in that range, but what Jacksonville paid Kirk last year could screw up the market. 

No WRs came to terms yesterday. The market blew up last year with $20M+ WRs, and it may be resetting. Prices last year got out of hand, especially with the abundance of NFL WR talent coming into the league every year now. 

14 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Lazard > Moore

Lazard is 6’5”, Moore is 5’8”, so I’d probably be inclined to agree if we were talking about a fistfight. But here, despite both being labeled as WRs, they’ll play different positions. Lazard out at X and Moore in the slot, both watching Wilson and Conklin getting a ton of targets, lol. 

• Upvote 2

Certainly that big bodied underneath factor that could open the field up for Wilson.

Career stats

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

-

Career

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slats said:

Lazard is 6’5”, Moore is 5’8”, so I’d probably be inclined to agree if we were talking about a fistfight. But here, despite both being labeled as WRs, they’ll play different positions. Lazard out at X and Moore in the slot, both watching Wilson and Conklin getting a ton of targets, lol. 

I realize all that, but my point is I'm not seeing a scenario where they are team-mates this season. 

If Thielan signs he will play in the slot. Also Wilson can move around as well.  If you think Moore complained last year what do you think he's going to do this year with Wilson, Lazard and Thielan on the team? I also think Cobb signs with the Jets as well. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

If we're dead set on Lazard, he should be replacing Mims, not Moore.

At 6'5", 227, he's much more a Davis/Mims type than the shift small slot guy Moore is.

He's not remotely the same speed, athlete that either Mims or Davis are.  Granted Mims is a bust but he's way faster and more athletically explosive than Lazard.  Lazard to his credit, is a smart player with limited speed and athletic ability who has been able to stick around.  

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Ole Miss Football GIF by CornDoggyLOL

I never even saw that clip.  If I were the GM, I swear this clip would be enough for me to Pass on drafting him.  And it would have been a good thing in retrospect 

This clip dovetails nicely with a clip someone posted last year of this guy sulking, dropping his helmet on the sidelines and walking away by himself.  AVT bends all the way down, picks the guy’s helmet up, jogs up to him and says “Yo man wtf you doing?  We don’t do things like that up here” (not the exact words…but close).

Now that I see this clip….get this jerk*ff off the team….Pronto.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Would love to see us sign an OT. Orlando Brown and Kaleb McGary are both still available. Would completely open up the draft for us at #13 

I’d normally make a cap situation comment here but if they bring in Rodgers this is a year to go full Saints and just push stuff around. Kind of a shame they pushed some of last year into this year or there’d be even more flexibility this season.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If we're dead set on Lazard, he should be replacing Mims, not Moore.

At 6'5", 227, he's much more a Davis/Mims type than the shift small slot guy Moore is.

If we're getting him,  it's just to make Rodgers feel more comfortable.  I don't think it matters where he plays or who else we have at WR.

At least he's not making us go after Randal cobb...... yet

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

I’d normally make a cap situation comment here but if they bring in Rodgers this is a year to go full Saints and just push stuff around. Kind of a shame they pushed some of last year into this year or there’d be even more flexibility this season.

Same here man normally I’d be “draft one at 13 and save the cap” but it’s all in if we actually get Rodgers and those 2 guys are really good OTs 

27 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Feels more like a more expensive Corey Davis replacement… but if it makes our new QB happy, I’m in.

This is a bad precedent.  QBs QB, GMs build teams.  

If you go into a situation of ill come here if you get abcd, it will only get worse.  

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm fine with him replacing Davis. Would be sad if it were Moore. I think Moore would break out with Rodgers throwing it.

Agreed.  Trading Moore makes no sense.  They just dropped their other slot guy. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Certainly that big bodied underneath factor that could open the field up for Wilson.

Career stats

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

-

Career

Now everyone, let's all thank Scott for copying and pasting what he just Googled.

• Sympathy 1