GB doesn't necessarily need a first round pick in a trade

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

As the person drafting for the Jets this year, I hope JD holds off until after the Draft to offer compensation 

Heard an interesting take this AM on the opening drive on Sirius. The Jets should tell GB that we’ll  pick this up after the draft. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Lots of premature victory laps being taken in this thread….
Question. What do our two second round picks #’s 42&43 equate to?

#17 give or take but I doubt that's a scenario either.  In order for the Rodgers move to pay off, the Jets need as much of their 2023 draft capital as possible.  OT at 13, C at 43.  Send 42 to GB along with some day 3 stuff from 2024 that could move up.  If we get Ben Jones then the 2nd rounder can be a Safety, WR or TE.  In any case, I think they are viewing those picks as gold right now and are unlikely to send more than one 2nd this year.  I could be wrong but I think that best supports the 'all-in' initiative.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Packer fans on some of their forums are starting to soften on the Two 1st round picks and Sauce position.  They are open to a 1st, 2nd and Sauce now.

Progress.

They are gonna get one second rounder and a comp pick next year like some of us have been saying for a while...might take till the draft but they aren't getting anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think it's a 4th rounder with a conditional 4th rounder next year if Rodgers plays

And GB is taking on half the money.

I know that sounds really one-sided, but at this point it really is a one-sided trade.  GB is stuck.  

While I agree that JD can crush GB, I believe he will give them a way to save face to a certain extent (2024). I mean, at this rate, no one will dare do a deal with the Jets moving forward.

Seattle

Carolina

Minnesota 

GB

The list keeps growing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1