Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

This is the worst i've ever seen us get fleeced... by a team with no leverage and albatross contract.

Like what the flying fck man. 

I'm going to finally unwrap my Ruckert Jersey i was too worried to Jinx now, because who gaf. Smh. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Jets fans the type to bink the Powerball but complain about having to pay the taxes. They were a playoff caliber team with Flacc, Zach, and White. Let me repeat that. FLACC ZACH AND MIKE WHITE!

They are going to compete next year with the AFC. No doubt in my mind. And if that's the case next years first is at the bottom. No where near to draft the next franchise QB which some of you dolts seem to be crying about. 

In the word of one of my favorite posters on the board, "Thank you Joe Douglas! Thank you!"

• Sympathy 1

The conditions for the 2024 pick are a little easier than I'd expected.  Gotta say that.

But looking at it this way:

What are the chances of deep playoff success in the next 2 years with this trade vs. without this trade (and the extra 2nd round pick this year and 1st round pick next year)?  I like the chances better this way.  And if this somehow manages to turn Zach back around into a legitimate starting QB 2 years from now?  That would make it a home run.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

WE did not get a 2nd for Elijah Moore, we got a 2nd and gave up a 3rd, in essence we moved up a round in the draft.

The value we got back is an early 3rd, I believe. 

Hard to argue Moore was worth appreciably more (pun intended) than that given his meager production as an NFL WR so far. 

6 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

I overreacted because I thought we gave up a first, too. We swapped firsts. Still, he looked like the walking dead, and had the absolute worst year of his career. No team like ours is ever one player away from Super Bowl. No way. I want to believe you so, so much. Now, maybe we were 4 or 5 players away? That I'd buy. Maybe it'll be Aaron Rodgers, Breece Hall, Lazard, new OT or improved Becton, and a LB TBD.

He had bad body language last year because guttenkurst was a moron and left him with rookie wrs and a banged up oline 

He hates lafleur and I don't blame him 

Brady was the same his last year in new England 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm ambivalent, same as I was when this was first rumored.

It's a one-year desperation play: 

1. Try and win enough in 2023 to save everyones jobs

2. Gain one year to either fix Zach (lol) or find another QB.....without our #1 in 2024 (lol, lol).

3. Pay the piper (cap wise) in 2024-2026 post-Rodgers, unless in a miracle he plays 2 years.

If we win a Super Bowl, it was more then worth it.

If we don't, it likely wasn't.

But at least 2023 will be more fun to watch than any year since 2015. 

Or it should be, if the 40 year old QB stays healthy.

This is really the money quote.  JD is rolling the dice (again) that Zach is fixable.  Otherwise he is drafting another QB again in 2025 (not 2024)  likely without the cover of a 42-year old Rodgers leading the team...

• Upvote 2

Trade is good except for the conditions tied to next year. We’re unprotected if he retires at end of season, we’re unprotected if we fail to make the post season…happy we have a shot inn2023, but overall it’s a bad look.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We got our guy and are a SB contender something we’ve really haven’t been able to say in a very long time. So I’m with it.

We just big time overpaid to be here. JD lost this trade. So the BS that he wins all his trades just went out the window. The biggest trade in recent history we just lost. 

And the only way for this to not be a fail is a SB.

JD has done very well on almost every trade he has made. if we "big time lost" this trade will be determined but this isn't any reason to lose your mind on JD's ability to get more value for players than he should in the other 90% of his trades.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Recoup what loss? We had 2 second round picks back to back we gave one up for Elisha Moore, so theoretically it’s 2nd and a 1st which we all thought that’s what it would take , no suprised here 

Under no circumstance should the packers even have a chance at landing a first round pick. I’m shocked it was on the table.  The pay for this years draft isn’t a big deal, I expected it. The conditional 2nd that becomes a first is where I have a problem. That should have been a conditional 4 that could become a 2. We aren’t getting Rodgers for the next 5 years, we might not even get him for 2 years. Giving up a first for a player that might not even be on the roster next year is risky.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'd imagine that too.  I'd imagine that we wouldn't trust this flake as far as we can throw him.

I like the new Rodgers. He reminds me of Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino. Doesn’t give a **** and says what he wants 

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Massive overpay. We gave up a quality 2nd a swap of 1st rounders which equates to a 3rd rounder in value. And what will 99% be a 1st rounder in 2024. All with no protection if he retires after this next season.

So we traded a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2024 1st for a 39 year old for possibly only 1 year.

Awful deal. JD lost big time.

I agree.  The Packers were adamant about getting a 1st round pick, and they essentially got that 1st round pick next year.  Green Bay got what they wanted.  I don't mind the exchange of 1st round picks this year, and I expected the Jets to give up one of their 2nd round picks this year.  We got back a 5th round pick, and gave up a 6th round pick, which is a win for the Jets.

The dagger in the heart was giving up the 1st round pick for next year.  If the Jets somehow bad this year, that 1st round pick becomes a major deal.  If the Jets make the playoffs, then the pick will be a lower 16 pick.  The conditional 1st round pick for next year should have been getting to the second round of the playoffs this year.  Then the 1st round pick would have been somewhere between 25 and 32.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

This is really the money quote.  JD is rolling the dice (again) that Zach is fixable.  Otherwise he is drafting another QB again in 2025 (not 2024)  likely without the cover of a 42-year old Rodgers leading the team...

that's part of the risk.  if wilson becomes viable, then losing a 1st next year isn't as big a deal at all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

The conditions for the 2024 pick are a little easier than I'd expected.  Gotta say that.

But looking at it this way:

What are the chances of deep playoff success in the next 2 years with this trade vs. without this trade (and the extra 2nd round pick this year and 1st round pick next year)?  I like the chances better this way.  And if this somehow manages to turn Zach back around into a legitimate starting QB 2 years from now?  That would make it a home run.  

agree.  i dont believe wilson can be coached into being an good nfl qb, but with rodgers there, wilson KNOWS for sure he aint getting on the field.  It may just cool his heels and open his mind enough to remake himself while looking on

• Upvote 3