Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

Just now, David Harris said:

Let’s get some perspective. The New York Jets just became legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

That unserious organization may be holding a Lombardi in 9 months.

If Rodgers is even close to his MVP level, we're definitely in that mix with the Bills, Bengals, and Chiefs. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

To get Aaron Rodgers and still have a first and second round pick this year is pretty big. If I’m the Jets, I’m looking to trade 15 back to the mid -late 20s, get a couple picks this year and next year’s first round pick from that team. This way, if we have to give Green Bay a first round next year, we will still have a first and second round pick in 24.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Why do some think this is a bad trade?  Wasn't the original expectation our 2 second rounders plus next years conditional second that would become a first if we made the playoffs?  What we traded seems better imo.  Essentially a 2nd, a bottom 3rd (value equivalent of 13 and 15 swap), swap of their 5th for our 6th plus next years 2nd round conditional most likely turning into a low one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I can’t believe people are complaining about the drop from 13 to 15 and the #1 next season.  We landed a Hall of Fame QB who will be out to prove the doubters wrong.  Rodgers makes the team Superbowl contenders.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Alka said:

I agree.  The Packers were adamant about getting a 1st round pick, and they essentially got that 1st round pick next year.  Green Bay got what they wanted.  I don't mind the exchange of 1st round picks this year, and I expected the Jets to give up one of their 2nd round picks this year.  We got back a 5th round pick, and gave up a 6th round pick, which is a win for the Jets.

The dagger in the heart was giving up the 1st round pick for next year.  If the Jets somehow bad this year, that 1st round pick becomes a major deal.  If the Jets make the playoffs, then the pick will be a lower 16 pick.  The conditional 1st round pick for next year should have been getting to the second round of the playoffs this year.  Then the 1st round pick would have been somewhere between 25 and 32.

How easy those conditions for it to be a 1st next year is a joke.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Let’s get some perspective. The New York Jets just became legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

but I will not be able to enjoy the SB win because we won't have a pick in the '24 draft

Am-i-being-sarcastic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

A fair trade hurts both teams, basically the Packers got a 2nd and a late round 1st for a player who won the MVP in the past 3 years.

That's assuming he plays and plays well.

If Aaron plays 2 more years, and plays well, then the Packers didn't get enough.

But right now this trade is a fair deal.

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of you are looking at this the wrong way. The compensation is pretty good IF the Jets had an understanding with AR that he's on board for 2 years and is going to renegotiate his contract. 

Looking at it through that lense, this seems like a pretty good deal. It's really only two 2nd round picks we have given up. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Why do some think this is a bad trade?  Wasn't the original expectation our 2 second rounders plus next years conditional second that would become a first if we made the playoffs?  What we traded seems better imo.  Essentially a 2nd, a bottom 3rd (value equivalent of 13 and 15 swap), swap of their 5th for our 6th plus next years 2nd round conditional most likely turning into a low one.

New here?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Honestly, I don't think that's remotely true.

Now, maybe they'll make a few trades now to bring in a couple more impact players - As currently structured, this is a wild card team if they stay very healthy and catch a couple of breaks.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

JD got fleeced. Wow. 

I wouldn’t exactly say that. As has been said he could’ve made a play for Carr or Jimmie g but was locked on Rodgers from the start. Who knows how much woody pushed this.  But the deal is done. It’s all up to saleh and co to make this all happen. Now they have to deal with qwill.

Just now, Claymation said:

A fair trade hurts both teams, basically the Packers got a 2nd and a late round 1st for a player who won the MVP in the past 3 years.

If Aaron plays 2 more years, and plays well, then the Packers didn't get enough.

He was literally never going to play for them again. They were done with each other and there was no serious market for him.

There is no positive spin here. The Jets are a desperate franchise that acted accordingly. Green Bay fans are thrilled.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Not thrilled with the compensation but I’m going to focus on the good as this an earthquake paradigm shift.  

The trade just involves draft picks that have at best a 50% chance of working out. Aaron Rodgers is real.

MVP of the NFL two of the last three years.  

He is a NYJ and we are super bowl contenders right there with the Chiefs, Bengals, Bills. 

This will be the most exciting season of our lives, and maybe we’ll get two of these.

The deal is done. It happened. I’m not gonna quibble over the potential of draft picks when the reality of NOW is amazing

Summed up the same for me

no risk it, no biscuit

2010 was a long time ago… time to take a shot…

• Upvote 1

Just now, Claymation said:

Late first is very optomistic isn't it. What if it is a top 10 pick and AR retires. Hopefully there is a lot more to this equation?