Colts allow Taylor to seek trade

LockeJET

27 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Would of loved to get tayor instead of cook. But Taylor looking for a big extension I believe and we already have our star back. But sure would of been nice to have Taylor and hall 🙁

Ironically, Taylor was Hall's direct athletic comp. Just hope Breece comes all the way back from his injury. Dude was a potential perennial All-Pro before injury 😞01151A16-AB1E-4BF7-8D71-EA967AC12BF6.thumb.jpeg.9e72000482816adb5ce9bb4d20da9e9c.jpeg

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Reading that he wants 14 million a year. Which isn’t crazy for a team that doesn’t have a big-time running back, but is poised to compete for a championship. Especially if it would be a really late first rounder. Imagine if the Chiefs got involved.

In other words, he wants Le’Veon Bell money 

If you look at it that way, he’s worth it

I wonder if the Lions would make a play for him. Not sure what assets they have in return, but if they unload a player/salary and a pick, they might be able to do it.

My stake in it is that I want to see a Jets-Lions Super Bowl. My Lions-rooting friend calls it the Dangerfield Bowl. You senile delinquents will catch the reference.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

fwiw

IMG_7133.jpeg

The cap hit for this season will likely be low due to the new contract that he'd have to sign. Even if he's looking for $14m per year, his hit this year could be very very low. 

Example, similar to McCaffrey - 4 year extension $64m with $32m guaranteed ($14m signing bonus spread over contract at $2m per year)

23: $2m + $3.6m base

24: $2m + $3.6m base

25: $2m + $3.6m base

26: $2m + $3.6m base + $8m incentive

27: $2m  + $3.6m base + $8m incentive

28: dummy year/void - $2m + $8m incentive

29: dummy year/void - $2m + $8m incentive

This would make him the highest paid RB and his cap hit for the next 3 seasons would only be $5.6m per season then if he continues to play well later into career the incentives kick in.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He won't get traded imo.  No one is going to pay much at all even for a pro bowl level back and then have to pay him.

I really dont understand what people mean when they say "no one is gonna pay RBs" - so thats it, even Jonathan Taylor isnt worth a long term contract?  That is just not the case.

Whats happening is that no RBs are going to get the Todd Gurley level money, that is over.  But for Taylor to get 4 years and $50 is a reasonable contract.  RBs are being "devalued" not overall, but in comparison to some of prior contracts.  The real good ones are still gonna be in the $9-12 per season range.  The RBs that have a real gripe are the mid round guys who are gonna play 3-4 year and make $4 million total and then not get a big contract.  Thats a lo easier to see then Austin Ekler complaining after he made $24 million over the past 4 seasons.

• Upvote 1