I'm Still Not Sold On Zach Wilson

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

OMG! We have a motivated HOF QB with enough playmakers to give opposing Ds fits and a championship caliber D, and people want to spend so much time talking about the second string QB who may or may not take over 3 seasons or more from now. It’s pretty apparent that the powers that be are taking one more shot at developing him. Will it work? Who knows? and frankly we shouldn’t care. Have we been in the pit of despair so long that we’ve forgotten what joy looks and feels like? Stop looking for piddly little sh*t to worry about. We’re loaded and motivated and we’re going 20-0 and winning the SB!

So we're not allowed to discuss or analyze the play of the quarterback who has received the majority of snaps in 4 preseason games this summer?  Like it or not, Wilson is one major or minor injury away from taking the reins of this team.

We know Rodgers is the starter who may or may not play three seasons.  We're excited to see where he takes this team.  He played a total of two drives this entire preseason.  He and the rest of the Jets starters will get plenty of discussion once real games are played starting on 9/11.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

He's is Brooks Bollinger 2.0. If you'll recall Brooksy could move the ball from the 20 to the 20 but always had a hard time putting it in the end zone. That misfire to a wide open who was it, Kenny Yeboah? is so typical of Wilson's shortcomings. Then I watched Tim Boyle dropping back, standing tall in the pocket and firing the ball DOWNFIELD. Then, putting the ball in the end zone. Once again, the Woody Johnson Jets are factoring into roster decision making, the position of WHERE a player was drafted by the team. They have been doing it since the turn of the century and it never works out, they let the better players go because the team drafted them. And yes, I think they're about to do the same thing with Wilson.

He had a beautiful throw dropped as well, just saying. 

• Upvote 2

I not fully sold yet either ... but he is improving and that is a fact.  He also had some beautiful throws dropped.  Would not surprise me if he was traded or extended this offseason. Hope we don't see him this season ... but have a feeling we will at some point. Hoping he shows out if the Jets need him.

• Upvote 2

Nobody needs to be 100% in on Zach for the Jets starting QB he is the backup. Is every backup capable of leading there team to the playoffs, don’t think so. Question should be has he shown progress at becoming an NFL quarterback. I think he has, footwork has improved getting the ball out faster I believe so. This is progress is it complete no. So much is on Zach to continue he has leadership around him, he has to want to progress. He has shown the willingness for now only he can decide to continue.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

He's is Brooks Bollinger 2.0. If you'll recall Brooksy could move the ball from the 20 to the 20 but always had a hard time putting it in the end zone. That misfire to a wide open who was it, Kenny Yeboah? is so typical of Wilson's shortcomings. Then I watched Tim Boyle dropping back, standing tall in the pocket and firing the ball DOWNFIELD. Then, putting the ball in the end zone. Once again, the Woody Johnson Jets are factoring into roster decision making, the position of WHERE a player was drafted by the team. They have been doing it since the turn of the century and it never works out, they let the better players go because the team drafted them. And yes, I think they're about to do the same thing with Wilson.

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Do you even watch other teams 

Yes and every team is a backup for a reason. The reasons change. At least our backup has talent. Is young. And has improved. He by no means is ready to start. And neither is May backup. Hence why they’re backups. But if you didn’t watch Zach and see he’s improved… then did you even watch him this TC and PS? Because he for sure did. Some of you will bash him no matter what he does. He’s not our starter. Move on. And hope he can just keep getting better and better as our backup.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Move on.

Solid advice for anyone looking to start a thread or talk about the QB who should no longer be mentioned. There’s no new information, just the same people planting the same flag in the same place. It’s repetitive and boring. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

If he has to play just 1 "real game" we are so screwed. Tommy DeVito so far outplayed ZW last night it was scary. If the Giants somehow let DeVito go, JD should cut his losses, sign him, and release ZW. If ZW has to play any games this year, they will be 7-3 losses such as we saw all of last season.

Yes. We have never seen a back up QB have a really nice preseason game or two and then become a house hold name before.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

Talk about beating a dead horse, I think some posters are obsessed with Zach! We finally have a season to be excited about and members such as the OP continue to start threads about the same guy with no insight and no context what so ever. Here’s to the Jets having a great and exciting season!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

Talk about beating a dead horse, I think some posters are obsessed with Zach! We finally have a season to be excited about and members such as the OP continue to start threads about the same guy with no insight and no context what so ever. Here’s to the Jets having a great and exciting season!!!

Zach Wilson owns jet fans more then even colin cowherd and WFAN.  Its hysterical.  The amount of space he rents in their head is outrageous.

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes and every team is a backup for a reason. The reasons change. At least our backup has talent. Is young. And has improved. He by no means is ready to start. And neither is May backup. Hence why they’re backups. But if you didn’t watch Zach and see he’s improved… then did you even watch him this TC and PS? Because he for sure did. Some of you will bash him no matter what he does. He’s not our starter. Move on. And hope he can just keep getting better and better as our backup.

None of this proves Zach is better than half the backups like you claim.  He’s “improving”, sure.  From like the 68th best QB to the 62nd.  

He’s been less productive than a bunch of backups all preseason.  Hell, even Boyle outproduced him last night.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who was the last backup QB we all were “sold on”?

Have we had this question in past years to this degree, and I just missed it?

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Matt Robinson? 

Pat Ryan?

Kellen Clemens was a solid backup.  As was Josh McCown. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

the one deep ball from Wilson seemed pretty great to me. 

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Wow this convinced me. We should find a vet to replace him as the starter!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

None of this proves Zach is better than half the backups like you claim.  He’s “improving”, sure.  From like the 68th best QB to the 62nd.  

He’s been less productive than a bunch of backups all preseason.  Hell, even Boyle outproduced him last night.  

That’s a typical response for a Wilson hater. And Boyle was going against 3rd stringers when Wilson was starters or 2nd string guys mostly. That doesn’t play into it. How many INTs did Wilson throw? The biggest thing that was hurting him last year. He improved. Which is what we wanted. And yes he’s a better backup than 1/2 the teams backups in this league. 

• Upvote 1

I know this sounds crazy but during the C9VID season dumpster fire of Darnold and Gase I was completely checked out and couldn't care less about the team or their games. When I saw that they were most likely picking Zach I was excited and had hope that he would turn into the white Mahomes. I was excited to be a fan again. 

And for those reasons I'll always have a soft spot for the kid. But seeing him miss the wide open TD last night was the end of the line for me. I rewinded and paused it on the field level behind the line replay and the TE has his head turned to his left shoulder with his hands up and they made eye contact. He sails it over his right shoulder. 

Wrong route my ass. There is something wrong in his head. Don't tell me that Arod missed a similar throw or that Mahomes missed a wide open TD one time. They've also thrown for 10,000 TDs so they are allowed to miss once in a while. 

Zach needed that TD. I saw the same thing in Darnold. They just don't have IT. The type of guys you don't want in a foxhole with you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Always respect the teams who admit their mistake and moved on from a bust, 9ers traded away 2 1st for Trey and still moved on from the trashbag 

Only because they found a real diamond in the rough in Purdy. Last pick in the draft. They would have traded that pick for a back up punter too and thought they had a steal.. Just goes to show the unpredictable crap shoot qb draft picks are. 

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s a typical response for a Wilson hater. And Boyle was going against 3rd stringers when Wilson was starters or 2nd string guys mostly. That doesn’t play into it. How many INTs did Wilson throw? The biggest thing that was hurting him last year. He improved. Which is what we wanted. And yes he’s a better backup than 1/2 the teams backups in this league. 

Ah yes, defaulting to the “ur a hater” defense.  If not liking unproductive QBs makes me a “hater” then sure, throw me in that category every time.  

He isn’t throwing INTs largely because it’s really hard to throw those on 2-yard passes.  He has training wheels on in his 3rd season in the pros, dude.  

And you still haven’t explained how Wilson is better than all the many backups who out-performed him this preseason in order to make your silly claim.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah yes, defaulting to the “ur a hater” defense.  If not liking unproductive QBs makes me a “hater” then sure, throw me in that category every time.  

He isn’t throwing INTs largely because it’s really hard to throw those on 2-yard passes.  He has training wheels on in his 3rd season in the pros, dude.  

And you still haven’t explained how Wilson is better than all the many backups who out-performed him this preseason in order to make your silly claim.  

Because I’m not spending the time to go look at 31 other backups and pull up there stats.