NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

I’ve twisted myself into a pretzel defending JD. I don’t know if I can anymore. Zach Wilson at best should have been a stow away third QB behind Rodgers and a league average back up QB. Zach is not a bad QB. He is an AWFUL QB.

His failure to build an OL is his biggest shortcoming. How can this OL be SOOOO bad?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Jets are outclassed. If the defense wasn’t going to kick the sh*t out of Dak, we weren’t going to be close. McCarthy tooled Saleh and Ulbrich all game with his playcalls. Zach had a fun two minute stretch, but Dan Quinn adjusted at the half and threw him in a meat locker. Rough one. On to New England. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Yes they are. You need an offense that can hold the ball for longer than 3 to 4 plays and isn't easily countered by stopping the run because the QB can't complete a first down when it really matters. 

I’m not sure Rodgers would have done that for us today.

They can’t hold onto the ball because the OL is getting pushed 5 yards backwards on every play.

Parsons would have killed Rodgers today, at least Zach has some mobility.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets are outclassed. If the defense wasn’t going to kick the sh*t out of Dak, we weren’t going to be close. McCarthy tooled Saleh and Ulbrich all game with his playcalls. Zach had a fun two minute stretch, but Dan Quinn adjusted at the half and threw him in a meat locker. Rough one. On to New England. 

Belichick kicking Wilson’s a$$ next week as boos rain down at MetLife is something Douglas can’t afford.

Make a trade for someone legitimate and stop d**king around.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not saying I'm sold on the guy but I am absolutely seeing progress.  If our defense played to it's hype, we'd have had a real shot to win today.  And our OL has to be among the worst in football (at least through 2 weeks).

Won't argue with you at all about either the D or OL, but just don't buy that as an excuse for anyone else.  This entire team sucked today, from top to bottom.

Anything else is kind of like debating which case of diarrhea is the least volatile.

Great play. Zach ruined by staring down Wilson. But that is a lot to ask. He is not arron Rodgers. 

Zach played not as bad as I thought. Now we don't go against cowboys def every week, and although I wish we had another QB, he is going to have more success against others.

No doubt getting Rodgers was the right move. Any QB would have been better. But it seems it's too late to get another kid in here. We should be doing everything we can to get another qb

• Upvote 1

Just now, fullblast said:

I’m not sure Rodgers would have done that for us today.

They can’t hold onto the ball because the OL is getting pushed 5 yards backwards on every play.

There are going to be games where the runs aren’t there and you need a qb to get you a win and wilson isn’t that guy.  The best he’s going to do is last week where d and st contribute and he doesn’t press and make too many mistakes.  The body of work is there unfortunately.  

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I’ve twisted myself into a pretzel defending JD. I don’t know if I can anymore. Zach Wilson at best should have been a stow away third QB behind Rodgers and a league average back up QB. Zach is not a bad QB. He is an AWFUL QB.

His failure to build an OL is his biggest shortcoming. How can this OL be SOOOO bad?

If you put his contract on waivers tomorrow morning, think he goes unclaimed.

• Upvote 1

I don't blame Zach for last 10 minutes with the team trailing by 20 he had to throw on every down and was exposed so he was picked off. But I do blame him for not managing team effectively when they were still in it. But bottom line is team outplayed in all departments and behind all day. Are the Cowboys this good? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not saying I'm sold on the guy but I am absolutely seeing progress.  If our defense played to it's hype, we'd have had a real shot to win today.  And our OL has to be among the worst in football (at least through 2 weeks).

still seeing real improvement?

• Haha 3