1. 1. Predict The Outcome Of Jets - Chargers

• Jets Win A Close Low Scoring Game
    • Jets Win A Close High Scoring Game
    • Jets Win Convincingly By 10 + Points
    • Chargers Win A Close Low Scoring Game
    • Chargers Win A Close High Scoring Game
    • Chargers Win Convincingly By 10 + Points

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets will score 24 + points.  Zach will have the hot hand on national TV.  Book it. 

Jets scored 24 on O on Denver plus the fumble 6 at the end. Denver is not as bad as everyone says where we played them there as that is a tough environment with the thin air. We see what they just did to KC. The Jets may be able to similarly score to that degree against the Chargers that are last in the league against the pass. This is the week Jets need to at least get some TD production in the redzone.

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So Zach Wilson has not had a breakout in game in 3 years but multiple posters are predicting it to happen Monday night?  

Last week, tons of members on this board predicted Zach to have a breakout game.  How did that go?

What are seeing that you keep predicting this to happen?

Zack did have a breakout game last week for a little over 30 seconds if you count the Hall TD and the 2 passes at the end in 23 seconds plus the spike for the FG. And that was regulation. In OT he brokeout for maybe another 30 seconds with 2 passes on the winning drive one being the PI. So, for like 65 mins of a game he played lights out for about a min. But, all joking aside, if he plays well for only a few mins or even 5 mins against the Chargers and we win we will all signup for that.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Zach Wilson is going to out-duel the vaunted Justin Herbert.  

I'm sure you are hoping that happens, but there is nothing in the first 7 games to indicate that will be the strategy employed by Hackett.

It's not a secret that the Jets have succeeded thus far by capitalizing on their opponents' mistakes. It's no secret that the 59th minute is as critical as the first 59 minutes. The Jets prioritize conservative ball control, keeping the score close, and grinding the clock down, and waiting for your opponent to become impatient and do something stupid. The Bills and Eagles inevitably delivered. Denver just plain sucks, and the Giants didn't let DeVito throw a single pass in an entire half and Gano's shanks notwithstanding, a mere one first down for the Giants, wins that game. One more set of downs and you can kiss that one second miracle good bye. But I digress.

The Jets have learned one thing in 7 weeks-- you can win without scoring TD's, until you can't. 

The Jets defense is real good. That's not a secret, either.  However, they can be made vulnerable, even humiliated. The Cowboys offense showed that. 

So what do the Chargers have in mind? It's not complicated. 

Herbert has thrown 14 TD's and 4 INT's vs Zach 3 TD's and 2 INT's. The Chargers are 3-5, the Jets are 4-3, so I don't see the Jets coaching staff doing anything differently than what we've seen thus far. You win with FG's, grinding out the clock, and relying on your defense to shut the opponent down. Keep it a boring low scoring game and win. 

I don't see the Chargers doing anything differently, either.

The Chargers know that they have a kick ass offense, they are not garbage like Denver. They know that to beat the Jets, it is essential to score at least 2 TD's (or more), do not turn the ball over, especially in the 4th quarter-- and make sure your kicker can make a FG. 

That's pretty much it. 

While I hope Herbert throws 4 INT's, and Dicker shanks all of his FG attempts, this is week 8 and this where the contenders separate themselves from the pretenders. 

You can only polish a turd, and pretend it's a gold rock, for so long. 

Let me put it another way, if the Chargers offense was on the field in place of the Giants offense last week, that game would have made the Cowboys game look like it was competitive. 

The same is true if even Herbert was the Jets QB. Jets would have steamrolled the Giants. 

Hiding Zach worked until 5-2 in 2022. 

It stops working Monday night, this year. 

Chargers 27- Jets 9.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

my heart says Jets in a close one. my brain says Chargers in a 10 point win.

ever since Halls great Denver game the teams know he is back anf have shut him down. hes got 39 and 17 yds last 2 weeks. 

the plan is simple. shut down Hall and make Zach beat you.

and Zachs numbers since then has gone down too. there putting the pressure on him. the trends are not in out favor

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

my heart says Jets in a close one. my brain says Chargers in a 10 point win.

ever since Halls great Denver game the teams know he is back anf have shut him down. hes got 39 and 17 yds last 2 weeks. 

the plan is simple. shut down Hall and make Zach beat you.

and Zachs numbers since then has gone down too. there putting the pressure on him. the trends are not in out favor

Herbert has thrown 14 TD's and 4 INT's

Zach 3 TD's and 2 INT's. 

• Upvote 1

With a surprise starting Offensive Line of Brown, Tomlinson, Tippmann, Turner, Becton, the Jets have a surprisingly effective TE heavy run game and the Charger D (playing to form) misses a ton of tackles in the secondary leading a few very big YAC plays to GW and Breece Hall. The end result - Jets 27 - Chargers 17.  

2 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Sarcasm?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Actually, no.  I cant believe I am saying this, but I really think Wilson has already turned a corner.  It did not seem so in the last game, but that was a matter of circumstances.  The dirt ball he served up was really bad and so were the sacks, but everything else he did was money.  He has three critical drops in that game, and he was under tremendous pressure when he delivered some very impressive throws.  He also showed a lot of toughness by getting up and delivering right after he got drilled in a way that would have made Mike White cough up his testicles. 

I am in record here saying multiple times that Wilson was not fixable based on what I was seeing.  What I am seeing now is different.  He's actually fixed a lot of the fundamental stuff I never thought he would.  Once he finishes cleaning up the remainder of the casual mistakes like the dirt ball we saw last week and (if) the line gels, he will have stats that match the impressive throws.  

Also... A good part of his game is ability to evade and throw on the run.  We don't want to see that squashed and he should be able to play his game.  There is still a lesson there he *really* needs to learn.  As much as he knows he has a good set of wheels and an arm that can deliver from all angles and conditions, he needs to learn when he MUST NOT risk taking a sack as it relates to the time and circumstances in a game.

Once he gets that through his head, he is a top tier QB.  

We can also consider that he showed a lot if mental toughness,  He got benched multiple times, got crushed in the media and got buried by his own locker room.  Regardless, after Rodgers went down, he came in and showed some balls,  

Lots of people picking the 3-5 Chargers traveling cross country. I don't see it. I don't see the Jets offense scoring more than 24 points either. It seems they are incapable of that and don't give me that they scored 31 against Denver. The offense only put up 22. It's going to be a close game with Jets on top, something like 20-17.