Steelers' Mike Tomlin walks off podium amid question about contract

3 hours ago, talonmm said:

Just asking....   Which is more idiotic?   Firing Tomlin or Woody telling the world that our Coaching Staff would return weeks before the end of the season?

Best crop of experienced Head coaches will be available this off season and we're locked in to utter garbage! Ugggg

Oh keeping our proven incompetent staff is worse for sure. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Oh keeping our proven incompetent staff is worse for sure. 

Firing a good coach would be dumber than keeping a bad coach, IMHO.

You can fire a bad coach any time you want; finding a good coach is far from easy.

• Upvote 4

The definition of madness trying the same thing, expecting a different result.

Good coaches and GMs were fired this go around and the jets think a 6th JD season is the one he will finally get it

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

All the negative karma surrounding next season is all well deserved.

Have fun hoping and praying for success next season 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Mike Tomlin is the kind of old school smash them in the mouth head coach that I would love here. Unfortunately Woody will never spend big money on a proven coach when he can get an unproven coordinator or a loser like Gase for pennies on the dollar.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Mike Tomlin is the kind of old school smash them in the mouth head coach that I would love here. Unfortunately Woody will never spend big money on a proven coach when he can get an unproven coordinator or a loser like Gase for pennies on the dollar.

The funny thing is that you think this team actually has a chance to get a coach like Tomlin and they choose not to. Good coaches, established coaches, avoid bad situations. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I realize his playoff record is not that great since the SB but firing Tomlin would be idiotic. 

Things we complain about is what Steeler fans (and players) have been complaining about for the past several years. But it just seems to be celebrated more because they squeak out a 9-7 season over and over.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Things we complain about is what Steeler fans (and players) have been complaining about for the past several years. But it just seems to be celebrated more because they squeak out a 9-7 season over and over.

I’d take 9-7 every year with no QB vs. our 5-11 record with no QB.

• Upvote 2

I have a steeler buddy thr hates him and has wanted him out for 2 years at least.

This dude has never had a losing season in like 12 years. However, cant seem to get over the playoff hump.

idk… we never make the plyoffs…. Steelers have win ing records but never can move on in the post season.

is it the same thing in the end? I say no but…

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

The definition of madness trying the same thing, expecting a different result.

Good coaches and GMs were fired this go around and the jets think a 6th JD season is the one he will finally get it

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

All the negative karma surrounding next season is all well deserved.

Have fun hoping and praying for success next season 

Try being an atheist Jets fan. We got nothin.

• Haha 1

Mike Tomlin has been an elite CEO coach...but what has done in him to drop from that level are the OC hires he has made.

When he has had the QB + the right OC (Arians, Haley) it works. But he has whiffed on those OC hires (Fichtner + Canada since Haley left and it has cost him.

I'd still take him in a heartbeat. He has had terrible QBs since Big Rapist retired and has been in arguably the toughest division and still making the playoffs and being competitive.

Interviewing coaches right after tough loses is stupid as can be an always has been.

As for Tomlin?   As I've said he is a good coach obviously but it is funny how some coaches get a free ride and others get trashed every single year.  McCarthy gets trashed every year and puts up good records, div titles and huge offensive numbers.  And yet he is lousy, Tomlin barely makes the playoffs has not won a playoff game in 7 years and he is elite.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Interviewing coaches right after tough loses is stupid as can be an always has been.

As for Tomlin?   As I've said he is a good coach obviously but it is funny how some coaches get a free ride and others get trashed every single year.  McCarthy gets trashed every year and puts up good records, div titles and huge offensive numbers.  And yet he is lousy, Tomlin barely makes the playoffs has not won a playoff game in 7 years and he is elite.

On McCarthy did you see them play on Sunday? That was a complete blowout and only 16 points because GB went it the ULTRA promote soft zone. McCarthy needs to be like an assistant HC/passing game coordinator type of guy

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

How the hell is Tomlin not on a Coach K type lifetime contract with Pittsburgh? To me he is one of the best in the head coaching business. 

Seems like maybe his message does not resonate with the players any longer and his handling of the offense has been quite poor. I agree with you but I can see the Steelers making a change.

13 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I realize his playoff record is not that great since the SB but firing Tomlin would be idiotic. 

Dunno.  Sometimes a change is a good thing for both parties.  I don't like the Steelers or their fans regardless.  I think the Steelers might be better off churning things up a bit and I think the Jets would be better off with Tomlin vs. Salad

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1