Thoughts on Lamar today?

Couldn't watch the game because I'm in the US for the first time in almost five years and apparently can't figure out how to operate an American television.  Went through 400 or so channels and couldn't find the game.

Was able to listen to some random gambling channel doing play by play and it sounded like another Lamar post-season dud.

They said he overthrew tons of receivers, thew an INT into triple coverage and didn't use his legs as often as he should have.

True or false?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Lamar sucked! Instead of taking off running when his receivers were covered he stayed in the pocket and waited for a receiver to get open - screwed up his whole game. He should of pumped once - no one open then take off. 

That's what I thought as well.  In fact I expected it.  The Ravens game plan was sh*t.  No Andrews/Likely involvement, Flowers acting like he was on drugs out there, forgetting that you have OBJ in the entire 1st half.  And they must have counseled Lamar not to take off.  Huge mistake if so.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Couldn't watch the game because I'm in the US for the first time in almost five years and apparently can't figure out how to operate an American television.  Went through 400 or so channels and couldn't find the game.

Was able to listen to some random gambling channel doing play by play and it sounded like another Lamar post-season dud.

They said he overthrew tons of receivers, thew an INT into triple coverage and didn't use his legs as often as he should have.

True or false?

Honestly he refused to run.

Credit to the Chiefs D for containment on him and not losing their lanes but they never even tried to use his best asset his feet don’t understand it.

• Upvote 3

The ravens football team was out coached , undisciplined made too many mistakes and deserved to lose.  Lamar seemed to be looking deep to often and several passes were dropped or knocked away by good defense. 

where were the screens and slants and blitz beaters? They never reacted to the pressure  

• Upvote 3

I don’t watch a lot of ravens games but it sure seemed like Lamar refused to run today and I have no idea why.   He had flat feet in the pocket and never really scrambled to either take off or bust the coverage.   Just a weird effort overall and  the 1 int was brutally thrown into triple coverage.  He’s going to get the MVP which I think makes things worse for the franchise not better.  

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He did not have a great game but KC has a great D and great DC.   To me he was not terrible but also did not make eneogh plays

I blame his coach more than him.

Didn’t Zach throw for 300 vs this great defense? Time to stop coddling Lamar. He’s what, 1-5 in the playoffs with most of the games at home? 

• Upvote 2

Lamar took his team to the AFCCG.  

He is paid alot of money.  

Only 2 QBs of 32+ are making the Super Bowl.  4 are making the CCGs are Lamar is one of them. 

The Ravens probably overpaid a little but I would rather be them than the Jets.  The Ravens are always competitive and sometimes break through.  I thought we were getting the Ravens with JD.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He did not have a great game but KC has a great D and great DC.   To me he was not terrible but also did not make eneogh plays

I blame his coach more than him.

Their game plan sucked. #1 rushing team in the NFL calls runs 8 times all game with their RB. Horrible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Thats funny....

No he is not.

Karen Rodgers is a fraud.  You and I both know it.  We are stuck with his has been teammates and a OC who could not coach a middle school football team.  We are so screwed.  We went from bad (Zach) to worse (Aaron).

the word for 2023 is Desperation

• Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

The way you beat Lamar is you worry more about contain than pressure and then he has to throw to win and.. well.. your better Defensive coordinators in the league are gonna shut it down in the playoffs every time. He's gonna have win a playoff game by throwing and I just don't see that happening.

• Upvote 2