Predictions - NY Jets at Kansas City Chiefs 9/25/16

papz187

I saw a posters thread predicting a Jets win Sunday in KC but figured I'd create a thread for everyone to post their predictions.....may the best man win!

NY Jets - 26

KC Chiefs - 13

Another turnover free game from Fitz and the offense, throws for 2 TDs, and we get a big play from Special Teams.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really tough one to predict. I think we can win by a FG. They will rebound off of a loss and will be able to smartly mount an effective short yard offense. Our advantage is they do not have a big play offense. We don't either really but if Marshall and Decker play we win. If they don't we lose. 

Nobody burns Revis. Fitz doesn't play as good as in Buffalo, but plays better than at home vs. Cincy. Alex Smith can't get over the top of our defense, so he has some success picking away at our LBers in coverage, but ultimately, our pass rush is disruptive enough to hold them under 20. They don't have any real game-breakers on their offense, so trying to sustain long, 12+ play drives versus our defense plays to our strengths. 

We win. 

Chiefs rookie returner Tyreek Hill has the attention of the Jets coaching staff. Hill runs a 4.25 in the 40-yard dash and returned a kickoff 105 yards last week against the Texans that was called back because of a holding penalty.

“He’s one of those guys, returners, that don’t come along very often,” Jets special teams coach Brant Boyer said. “He’s a thicker built, shorter guy, but he has burst and long speed to match and good vision, great balance. He’s the total package. We’re going to have our hands full trying to get this kid to the ground this week. He’s a hell of a player.”

Boyer compared Hill to former Jet Percy Harvin, but said Hill might have even more “juice.”

http://nypost.com/2016/09/22/jordan-jenkins-jets-may-differ-on-his-comeback-timetable/

The Jets are the better football team (again, as with the rest of the games so far this season) in this game. We've also got to have this game going into our tough stretch. Fitz has got to protect the football and our defense has got to limit the big play. KC is a good football team and can explode if you let them... but I think Bowles will have this team level headed and ready to win a football game coming off a 10-day layoff.

Jets 27 Chiefs 16

I see a lot of statements that the Jets will not allow the big play. 

Alex Smith doesn't take many shots, or risk turning the ball over.  True.

But have any of you seen Chris Conley run?  He glides like a gazelle.   Could definitely get behind the secondary.  Andy Reid will call for a couple of deep attempts.

This is a tough one. Fitzpatrick is not scared of Arrowhead, (2-1 there). The Chiefs do not seem to be the team able to  exploit the Jets weakness at the back of the secondary, and if PatsFan is right, winds will be preventing the deep pass.

This game will come down to one simple factor. The Chiefs will be unable to run the football against the Jets defense. Andy Reid is a better coach than Todd Bowles, but his team does not matchup well against Bowles' team.

Jets 21

Chiefs 17

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is a tough one. Fitzpatrick is not scared of Arrowhead, (2-1 there). The Chiefs do not seem to be the team able to  exploit the Jets weakness at the back of the secondary, and if PatsFan is right, winds will be preventing the deep pass.

This game will come down to one simple factor. The Chiefs will be unable to run the football against the Jets defense. Andy Reid is a better coach than Todd Bowles, but his team does not matchup well against Bowles' team.

Jets 21

Chiefs 17

This. 

Specifically the fact that there is NO WAY the Chiefs will run the ball effectively against the Jets. Not in this game. That will be the Jets main objective- STUFF THE RUN. And they have the personnel to do that. This will surely be a defensive game and and the one thing the Jets need to be careful of is turning the ball over. They have been pretty good so far, so I have to assume that continues and the Jets win a close one. The other thing is the Jets BIG WRs- Decker, Marshall, Enunwa. Matchup nightmares for the Chiefs.

20-17 Jets

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jets 21

Chiefs 17

Andy Reid is not a better coach then Bowles

Archived