Jets Reportedly Want Trubisky

Adoni Beast

42 minutes ago, Larz said:

biggest mistake was keeping 4 QB's, while ignoring petty and Hack's development.  they should have cut geno and stashed petty and given all the back up reps to Hack and he would probably be getting invaluable game reps right now

Yes, I kinda agree, except for the back up reps to hackenberg. I like petty and I am not a big fan of hackenberg. I'm kinda furious haven't seen 3 more weeks of petty.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, there's a "growing sense" that the Jets' future franchise quarterback is not on the team's current roster.

We wonder how long it took the Jets to arrive at this rather obvious conclusion. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith won't be re-signed while second-round pick Christian Hackenberg still isn't close to being game-ready. That leaves Bryce Petty, who hasn't done much to move the needle in his first two NFL starts. The Jets are reportedly interested in North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky, who could be a first-round pick if he declares for the draft. That decision will come shortly after UNC's bowl game on December 30. Regardless, the Jets will certainly be in the market for a quarterback this offseason.

Holy projection batman, that article is one huge f*cking reach.

I mean honestly, I wouldn't even mind Trubisky, but goddamn...how is ANYONE in this thread taking this seriously??

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The bIggest mistake was resigning Fitzpatrick did the organization not one bit of good. 

And amazingly a so called Jets fan, probably still in pain for having pimped Fitz all offseason, is still thick enough to negative rep this rather obvious and correct comment 

If this is the case then what does this say about Macc?  What a waste of a 2nd round pick in Hackenberg.  If he's not our QB of the future and Macc's already looking for alternatives in the upcoming draft to fill that role, then what an epic fail of a pick Hackenberg is.  Macc can't get off easy with this one if that's the case.

22 minutes ago, bd71 said:

If this is the case then what does this say about Macc?  What a waste of a 2nd round pick in Hackenberg.  If he's not our QB of the future and Macc's already looking for alternatives in the upcoming draft to fill that role, then what an epic fail of a pick Hackenberg is.  Macc can't get off easy with this one if that's the case.

First of all, it didnt happen, so for now its just a Manish article.  Its not an epic fail on any level because he has no idea what Hack will or wont grow into.  Number 1 picks in the draft, top 10 1st round picks, etc bust out.  Doesnt make it a fail, its the nature of the draft.  Of course we need someone to blame and will wrongly find someone.  But theres nothing to get off easy for.  And if Hack were to work out and Trubisky wash out, I could care less, hes trying and playing the draft right, trying to fill the position.  Could even wind up with 2 QBs and turn one into a boatload of picks

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

First of all, it didnt happen, so for now its just a Manish article.  Its not an epic fail on any level because he has no idea what Hack will or wont grow into.  Number 1 picks in the draft, top 10 1st round picks, etc bust out.  Doesnt make it a fail, its the nature of the draft.  Of course we need someone to blame and will wrongly find someone.  But theres nothing to get off easy for.  And if Hack were to work out and Trubisky wash out, I could care less, hes trying and playing the draft right, trying to fill the position.  Could even wind up with 2 QBs and turn one into a boatload of picks

I agree with the general sentiment here. You're not wrong per say, but at times, specificity has a place. Everything has a time and place. In this case, Hackenburg was the nexus of red flags -- one whose stock was surviving on fumes from 3 years ago. At best... That's saying something.

The end result is all that matters, one way or another. Some ways, are bad detours dude. Avoidable ones. 

I think people in general fell in love the idea of Hackenburg, and chose to ignore reality, even as it became more and more obvious. I get it... what's done is done. We have to approach the future with resolve though, and look at all options. Nothing should be assumed next year. 

7 hours ago, bd71 said:

Macc sucks he's as unstable as Todd Bowles when it comes to making decisions. Enough is enough. 

• Thumb Down 3

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think people in general fell in love the idea of Hackenburg, and chose to ignore reality, even as it became more and more obvious. I get it... what's done is done. We have to approach the future with resolve though, and look at all options. Nothing should be assumed next year. 

Fans assume competence of professionals paid to make such decisions. It's these professionals' job to not ignore reality. If there is any truth to this story it represents an abysmal failure by this regime and any QB decision going forward should be highly scrutinized. Even the best FOs make draft mistakes, but to take a player in the 2nd round when reports were that rival teams viewed him as late rounder or undraftable is a fundamental error of judgment.

The article is purely speculative but if true, Macc could be coming to the realization that he's not going to have another 3 years to develop a QB and if he doesn't find one soon he's going to be out the door.  I like his strategy and mindset of drafting a QB every year until you find one but at the same time this team and this fanbase has waited long enough and it's time to get our guy.  This could explain the strong push to go with a guy like Trubisky who could step in and start day one.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

I hope the Jets do not draft another QB with limited college starts....

the last time we nearly made 2 SBs but Mitch has more experience than just this season.  he didn't play a lot but Carolina did use him in most games the previous 2 years even if it was for 5-10 plays.  he could have transferred but he waited his turn and became the starter this year and took off.  

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Imagine the day we have an abundance at QB and can trade one for picks.  Im gonna start eating magic mushrooms and smoking pot.

or should I say "Re Start":D

• Upvote 2

I have no problem with drafting Trubisky or any other Qb in the draft. I have high hopes for Hack and Petty but they are unproven. Look at the Redskins, they drafted RG3 as their franchise QB and a few rounds later took Cousins. The "Experts" mocked them for taking Cousins when they already selected their franchise QB. Fast forward a few years later and the Redskins look like geniuses for grabbing Cousins. 

The fact is that even top rated QBs taken in the 1st round have a high failure rate. Look at Goff/RG3/Manziel/Manuel/Weeden/Locker/Gabbert/Ponder etc..

Even when you have a franchise QB,or one that looks like one, it is never dumb to draft a QB because of injuries or to trade down the road. 

36 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the last time we nearly made 2 SBs but Mitch has more experience than just this season.  he didn't play a lot but Carolina did use him in most games the previous 2 years even if it was for 5-10 plays.  he could have transferred but he waited his turn and became the starter this year and took off.  

I truly believe that the Jets almost made the Super Bowl in spite of Sanchez not because of him.  He happened to be blessed by playing on pretty talented Jets teams.  If the Jets are sitting with the sixth pick at the end of the season, I hope they do not draft the NC QB with that pick. I would probably get thrown out of my jets bar for breaking of of their TVs. (lol I think)   If he is there in the 4th round I guess you take a flier at that point.  I would rather try to get Glennon and wait until next years draft class. 

As many have already pointed out. 

1. This is a rival scout.

2. this is Manish.

3. Its EXTREMELY early to suggest any team will be drafting any specific player. Sure, you can have opinions and us fans have a lot. You can predict. But everything will change 3x over before even the end of the season. 

4. The Jets have 2 young QBs. One of which they OBVIOUSLY have very high hopes for and are handling with kid gloves (Hack). Odds are that they WILL NOT draft a QB so early (assuming the pick in the top 5 or even top 10).

5. The Jets have very clear, very obvious holes elsewhere. CB and OT are the two most obvious positions that need to be addressed. Even so, we still will have no idea which way the Jets will want to go in the draft b/c of the impact of FA. I have been suggesting that if the Jets trade down they take an OT, if they stay put, they take a BPA or a CB. But that could completely change depending on who they retain, who they let go and who they bring in via FA.   

4 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

I truly believe that the Jets almost made the Super Bowl in spite of Sanchez not because of him.  He happened to be blessed by playing on pretty talented Jets teams.  If the Jets are sitting with the sixth pick at the end of the season, I hope they do not draft the NC QB with that pick. I would probably get thrown out of my jets bar for breaking of of their TVs. (lol I think)   If he is there in the 4th round I guess you take a flier at that point.  I would rather try to get Glennon and wait until next years draft class. 

it's hard to win in spite of a QB especially back to back postseasons w/ 4 road wins.  remember, we couldn't even get to the playoffs w/ a future HOFer in favre against an easier sched the year before Mark.

4th round? he won't likely get to us if we pick at the bottom of the top 10.  I have watched him a lot, I would love Mitch here as a Jet even though I would really love to start upgrading the OL early on draft day.

Long time and many things to go before the draft.  No sense getting worried or worked up about "Fake News Mehta" articles at this point, especially at QB.

Frankly, we have no real idea the direction Macc and Co. want to go now, and that's a good thing.  Nothing gained showing your hand if you're Macc.

From trading for Romo, to signing Glennon, to drafting Trubisky, it's all just (baseless) speculation right now.  Mehta's specialty.

What I do think we can expect is for Macc to draft A QB at some point in the next draft.  He has shown himself to be a Wolfe-like "draft a QB every draft" kind of GM.

Does that mean we draft one in the 1st round?  Not necessarily, but it's reasonable to presume we draft one somewhere in the draft.

Beyond that, only time will tell.

11 hours ago, bd71 said:

Not as odd as it may seem.  The year the Jets drafted Joe Namath in the first round, they also drafted John Huarte, who had just won the Heisman Trophy at QB in the second round, Bob Schweikert, another major college QB, in the 4th round, and Ivy League sensation QB, (though the Ivy League was even less regarded in pro football circles than now), Archie Roberts in the 7th.  I remember reading an article about that where  owner Sonny Werblin said he had seen the need for the team to have a QB and he meant to address the issue with the draft.  He did. 

His approach worked out well back then.  Why not cut these new guys some slack?  If they see a QB they want, go after him.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's hard to win in spite of a QB especially back to back postseasons w/ 4 road wins.  remember, we couldn't even get to the playoffs w/ a future HOFer in favre against an easier sched the year before Mark.

4th round? he won't likely get to us if we pick at the bottom of the top 10.  I have watched him a lot, I would love Mitch here as a Jet even though I would really love to start upgrading the OL early on draft day.

At least we can agree on this....

Nothing leaks out from Florham Park, this is speculation from someone's speculation that is now on the back page of a major publication.

I think Mehta understands that internet Jet fans are becoming smitten with Petty and he wants to spark outrage that "their boy" isn't getting a fair shake.

• Upvote 2