Draft Fournette

Keep Harris, Mangold, Marshall

2017 go 8-8

keep Bowles in 2018

Romo gets hurt

Hackenberg sucks

go 4-12

fire Bowles

2019: we're stuck in the same situation as we're in today. This is the Jetsiest thing that can happen too.

It's not often a franchise QB comes on the market so hence the temptation.

But his age, injuries and the fact that even with good teams he hasn't lit up the playoffs.

This team needs a QB to call it's own and we're going to have to do that by investing in our youth and having one come good one day.

Look, the talk of everything with this franchise up until the offseason officially begins and we get into free agency and the draft process and that overall time of the year where trades and signings happen, is going to be if the Jets will acquire Romo, Cutler, Kaepernick...etc. That's pretty much all we're going to hear, so get used to it. This team has literally zero quarterbacks going into next season, such is Jets life right now. That's the story.

I'd rather see Jay Cutler with maybe Geno/Hack backing up... younger and his QB rating on not very good Bears teams has been decent over the years...

But yeah Tony.. I don't know.. guy has been hurt over and over and over.. just say no to Kaepernick.. I can't root for that guy :( please please please no to him.

I'll make this real easy for you.  We trade for Romo with more picks than we can afford.  He gets separated from his spinal column week 2 because our GM doesn't believe in using high picks on offensive lineman.  We blow the rest of the season.  That's pretty much how the Tony Romo to the Jets scenario would play out.

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Lot of dumb comments here. What's the other option at qb I ask? If we can get romo get him

Romo is  injury prone and he is 37. We are not contenders, we need to focus on our young QB and possibly draft another one.  We might try  to get Cutler, or another FA QB. His injury history is just to much of a risk. It will be interesting to see what Mac does, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go after Romo. I am on the Glennon, Tyrod Taylor bandwagon.

So we go with a young guy next year and go 4-12 6-12. Sign Tony Romo and we at least compete. Sure injuries concern but injuries could happen to anyone. Sure he's old but that's why he's the perfect bridge (not fitz)  to a young guy like hack or a qb we draft this year if that's where they go. Listen what this team needs an actual rebuild, blow up the team! Etc. But that can't happen because this is a big market and our fan base is impatient. So we are stuck with these competitive rebuilds. It sucks but it is what it is. So why wouldn't we go after the best qb on the market. But it doesn't matter because he will never come here. 

I sincerely hope that we do not sign Romo.  Pretty much for all of the reasons stated above.  The Jets need to build the 0-line through the draft and free agency, and give the best young QB (Petty or Hackenberg, maybe Glennon if you are going to get one) the keys and let them drive next season. 

8 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Denver is a better fit for him. They have some QBs they can groom behind him plus they and Romo need to win now while they can.

Denver is going to take a serious look at Tyrod if he becomes available.  He makes a lot of sense there.

It's all about the money I'd say. If he wants to sign for 1 year and 3 million (just being sarcastic) then why not?! But if he's out there asking for multiple years at 17mill? Pass... Jets would be better off signing a couple OL with that money and sticking with Petty.

Archived