Some rumors on the new offense (and O\C)

Maxman

I heard this Morton guy is going to push Bowles to carry 3 tight ends and will keep at least 2 of them active on game day.

Also heard he is going to diagram plays on the white board that has the center snapping the ball to the quarterback, who then drops back and throws the ball towards the tight ends with an overhand motion.

In this new offense the tight ends will apparently be permitted to run routes.

I don't want to judge this guy. But having tight ends run routes and be targets in the passing game? What does he think this is 2015? Talk about old school.

We wish him luck but not feeling good about this.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I heard this Morton guy is going to push Bowles to carry 3 tight ends and will keep at least 2 of them active on game day.

Also heard he is going to diagram plays on the white board that has the center snapping the ball to the quarterback, who then drops back and throws the ball towards the tight ends with an overhand motion.

I don't want to judge this guy. But having tight ends run routes and be targets in the passing game? What does he think this is 2015? Talk about old school.

Well he was a Jon Gruden disciple.   Jon Gruden played with two Te's about 85% of the time.    So I tend to believe that .

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sounds complicated. I don't know if these guys can handle that complex of an offense. I'm a little worried. Especially Tight End's. What's a Tight End?

in all fairness to bowles, he did have gailey get the te more involved in the passing game late in the season.

I thought people here were bitching at Mcc for keeping 4 TEs to start the season and having Bostick and at least Kellen Davis active on game days..

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

WTF is with these kids trying to talk that way? If that little puke face spoke to me like that I would knock her god damned teeth down her throat, then staple that hole in her face shut or have it sewn shut surgically.

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Ok so, who are the 4 TE's? Don't tell me ASJ and the other flotsam we have had. Kellen Davis? R U Kidding me? 

The jury is still out on ASJ and i dont mean the one deciding on his DUI case. Intriguing player who might be a decent player for us. Not ready to toss him to the curb just yet. Chan Gailey's offense was anti-TE. 

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Next thing you will be telling me QB's can throw Touchdowns. Utter nonsense!

Archived