Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Beyond the awkward AF show I think these are alright.

The best element of each uniform is far and away the shoulder stripe on the jersey. Some might call it under designed I think it's perfect. Breaks up the space just right, looks sleek and aggressive, doesn't overstay its welcome.  PERFECT.

The logo is a little disappointing, I think this was a great chance to bring back the swooshing Jet above the letters with the classic font, but alas. It looks better without the busy "NEW YORK" letter mark and football oval a round it. The logo already has a football in it why does it need to be surrounded by one? Leave the "JETS" with the football beneath it as the primary logo I say.

The Green... I like it but it will take some getting used to. I think it will look better on the field than in some of these shots. Also, it DOES match the helmet, it's just such a different texture it's hard to tell.

Speaking of getting used to things I'm not wild about black being an official color now, I prefer the monochrome like a good little purist. But dammit even I have to say that the black alternate is a triumph. The green shoulder and leg stripes pop beautifully on that black; I think they specifically chose this green because of how it would look on this jersey in particular.

Unless they're playing a snowstorm or something they should never wear the all greens, now that they have a green helmet again it's too much green. The Green/white, All white, White/green, All blacks look fine.

They did a decent job. Just wish the logo would have been a little different. But you cant go wrong with that font.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Limited Darnold @149.99?  Thats the stitched one (white)

The limited or “Vapor” are a step down from the true authentics.  Haven’t seen those on the shop yet....but the true authentics are called “Elite” and run anywhere from $300 to $350. 

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

the leak was NOT strategically good for the reception of these uniforms. they looked much better IRL

Agreed. I contemplated the idea that it was an arranged leak but I don't think I was correct there.  This would have been a much bigger deal with more impact had the leak not made it out to the public. 

7 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Just think all this costume stuff is strange.  Football is a brutal sport- a man’s sport, which makes all this uniform/costume stuff way over the top.

They aren’t ugly, the green doesn’t look like bile, and the fact that NY is prominent and “Jets” is on the shiny Christmas ball ornament helmet, they’re fine.  

Just win.

Yeah, I don’t care, either. I only wear tight sh*t that highlights my v-shaped torso. Jerseys are for #fatties. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Giants would have hired an actual NY celeb to host this. You’d have JLo or DeNiro doing this rollout. That the Jets think JB Smoove is a celebrity is proof positive that they lack diversity in their marketing arm

I was waiting for Larry David to waltz on stage to save the thing but no, we get the guy from North Carolina to be mr. NY for a NJ team.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I can't imagine the Giants doing anything like this, lol 

The MAIN problem with Jets Are the Johnsons... they ALWAYS try to act like their up with everything like their hip or something... Just Be Professional & Present Your Organization with some Pride... STOP Trying to be "cool" Because You're Not. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The limited or “Vapor” are a step down from the true authentics.  Haven’t seen those on the shop yet....but the true authentics are called “Elite” and run anywhere from $300 to $350. 

I have one of those Elite custom.  Bought it a month before they announced the new unis.  SMH

Just now, jetsons said:

The MAIN problem with Jets Are the Johnsons... they ALWAYS try to act like their up with everything like their hip or something... Just Be Professional & Present Your Organization with some Pride... STOP Trying to be "cool" Because You're Not. 

Chris seems to be even worse in this regard.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I think the lighting of the room was extremely dull. Am I the only one? I think the jerseys are fine. 

Agree, and I think the lighting is a reason for the “helmet color doesn’t match uniform color” comments.  Can’t wait to see them on the field.

im very happy with them, helmet is just awesome.

33 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The thing about the logo is that will always be in style.  Always.  People will wear that on their clothes just as easily 25 years from now as they will 3 years from now.

A big contingent didn't want new uniforms because the old ones were so "simple".  These are actually less busy than the previous ones.

and the other logos they've had wouldn't ?  

Just now, jetfan61 said:

Fixed!

20190404_205732.jpg

I’ll defer to the graphic design people, but I believe that’s referred to as “noisy,” where you have too much sh*t happening in one part of the design between the football, the letter, and the fin. It’s just aesthetically messy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Mrs. Johnson was a fruit cake, bro.

• WTF? 1