Did this game change your opinion on Darnold?

Patriot Killa

Did your opinion change after today or even after the past few games?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Not at all, he's one of the few bright spots we have on this team. It's just a shame that the roster around him is crap along with the terrible coaching. I only hope we don't ruin him.

The thing about him that is the most encouraging to me is that of all of the players and coaches, he seems to understand this entire situation better then any of him.

I'm not trying to say none of the picks are on him this season(1st one today was for sure), but he seems to be the only one aware that they have to press the issue if they have any chance to be successful.  Everyone else is going into turtle mode.

2 minutes ago, LES said:

The question, in and of itself, is ridiculous and perfunctory.  When Sam has played well its been against inferior opponents. When he has struggled, its been against the better teams that we don't match up well against.  Add to that the numerous injuries, a mindless OC, a mindless HC and a roster full of misfits and its remarkable Sam is able to do anything at all. I for one am thrilled with how well he has played and the demeanor he exhibits.  He has exhibited all the characteristics of a leader and a franchise QB. Sam is 1 of 53 on the roster. There are about 10 players worth keeping.  This team in in dire need of talent.  They are starting players most teams wouldn't even use as backups.       

The question was asked for you people to snap me out of it.

thanks. Job well done.

11 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Not at all. I am more worried about his development though. I had been willing to give Bowles a chance, but not after today. 

I just started a thread saying the same thing about Bowles. What worries me after 9 games though is the complete lack of progress. I'm still buying into Sam, but one thing should be mentioned. We all say its a given most rookie QBs will struggle. That's almost always true. But we also have to realize not all of them eventually become successful after those struggles.

No, and if you expected Darnold to look great as a 21 year old with the absolute garbage he calls teammates then you’re an idiot. Robbie Anderson would likely be the 4th or 5th WR on the Rams, he’s our number 1. Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This roster is so void of talent its a disgrace.  We have no stars - zero.  I didnt even want the Jets to draft a QB because I knew they had nobody on the team to support one.  This organization is a disgrace from ownership downward.   Everyone applauds Woody - I have always felt he is no better than the Wilpons.   Its time for Woody to break open his piggy bank and hire a real GM and give him autonomy.  We need a scouting department, an established coach and professional assistant coaches.  

I feel bad for Darnold, he was thrown into a cesspool and now he's just trying not to drown in the sewage.  Looking forward to 2019 we need 5 offensive linemen, three pro WRs, a pro RB, two edge rushers, two CBs, and two run stopping DTs.  We are so far away its not funny.  Its not something one offseason can fix.  We need to start drafting pro-bowlers and signing quality free agents.  Thats not gonna happen under Mac.

8 minutes ago, LES said:

The question, in and of itself, is ridiculous and perfunctory.  When Sam has played well its been against inferior opponents. When he has struggled, its been against the better teams that we don't match up well against.  Add to that the numerous injuries, a mindless OC, a mindless HC and a roster full of misfits and its remarkable Sam is able to do anything at all. I for one am thrilled with how well he has played and the demeanor he exhibits.  He has exhibited all the characteristics of a leader and a franchise QB. Sam is 1 of 53 on the roster. There are about 10 players worth keeping.  This team in in dire need of talent.  They are starting players most teams wouldn't even use as backups.       

These "better teams" he has struggled against, does that include Cleveland, Jax, and the 2 Miami games?

Darnold is fine..  He's not the best QB on the roster right now but hopefully this season will serve him well going forward.

The irony is that had Bowles done what everyone though he would do and start McCown, we'd at least be .500 right now and his job would be safe.

I'm fine with the losing if it means ridding the team of Bowles once and for all.

Nah. Said from the beginning he’d have to succeed I spite of the situation. Finding a QB, the youngest rookie starter in history of league, isn’t going to suddenly hide the fact that the past 2 regimes have been abysmal in adding adequate talent.

25 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No

hes being asked to carry the entire organization offensively 

no coaching 

no OL

no running game 

no WR

no effort

no playmakers 

bad snaps 

bad field position 

more snap penalties

lazy routes 

3rd and forever 

kid can’t do everything 

And defensively, because anytime they fail to do their job, it’s blah-blah because the offense 

Literally no one on offense is good. Enunwa is a decent WR, maybe a 3 or 4. Anderson can only do one thing and frankly once that was figured out he’s useless. There is not one player that another team might want as their starter. Not one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I just started a thread saying the same thing about Bowles. What worries me after 9 games though is the complete lack of progress. I'm still buying into Sam, but one thing should be mentioned. We all say its a given most rookie QBs will struggle. That's almost always true. But we also have to realize not all of them eventually become successful after those struggles.

He was making progress until the injuries hit starting with the Vikings game. The Vikings game was also when Long’s snapping woes started to get worse. When adversity hits, it’s up to the coaching staff to protect the 21 year old QB. They failed. 

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He stunk today. 

We had a fire in the city a couple of years ago. Three 100+ year old homes in the downtown area went to the ground. The initial arriving unit gave a bad location for the fire. Command was late getting units assigned. The first hydrant the attack pumper hooked up to was bad, so they had to hand lay 200 feet of 5" supply hose to the next hydrant. A bad day in the neighborhood. The houses were destroyed and had to be bulldozed. 

We immediately blamed the rookie Firefighter on E-3, put all of the blame on him, and publicly excoriated him for catching a bad hydrant.

Please, man. We're letting grown ass men who have been in the league for decades make a 21 year old kid take the blame and shoulder the responsbility for a systematic organizational failure.

No, I think he is going to be really good with a high ceiling. The key is proper coaching to bring him along. Bowles is a moron and has no business coaching this young man. Darnold played terrible today and he owned up to it, but he’s a 21 year old rookie with no support/weapons on offense. This offseason and potential coaching change must address offensive needs. The defense looks good and can be coached up, but the o line and offensive playmakers are horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I felt all along this organization has never found the proper replacements for Mangold and Ferguson on the OL.  We drafted two OL in the first round in 2006.  In 2009 when we took Sanchez our OL made a below average QB look above average.  With a lousy OL, no running game and a 21 year old QB this is what I expected.  He actually doesn’t look as shell shocked as I had expected.  

Change opinion of what?  This is EXACTLY why I did not want this kid playing. 

This team STINKS on offense.  He has no time to throw the ball, the centre can't snap the ball AT all, and the receivers cannot separate.  He has thrown a majority of his INTS's trying desperately to get balls in tight windows because either receivers can't separate or Bates doesn't understand how to scheme people open.

If the Jets ruin this kid, I am done.  He was the luckiest and best thing to happen to this franchise in two decades, and right now, the organization is ******* things up BADLY

To be 100% honest I'm not liking his decisions but he looks rattled and that's exactly what we didn't want to see. I saw WR's running open today and Darnold missing them constantly. Could be the pressure is getting to him could be the terrible snaps causing him to take his eyes off the field for a split second which is a killer . At this point I would hope this is a Jared Goff situation and Todd Bowels is jeff Fisher and OUR McVay is out there somewhere.

How Bowles did not remove Long from the game when its been obvious for weeks the guy is injured and can't snap the football is beyond me. Taking that first read away from a QB because he has to worry about a bad snap on just about every play is inexcusable and these days just about everything this head coach does is inexcusable. 

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We had a fire in the city a couple of years ago. Three 100+ year old homes in the downtown area went to the ground. The initial arriving unit gave a bad location for the fire. Command was late getting units assigned. The first hydrant the attack pumper hooked up to was bad, so they had to hand lay 200 feet of 5" supply hose to the next hydrant. A bad day in the neighborhood. The houses were destroyed and had to be bulldozed. 

We immediately blamed the rookie Firefighter on E-3, put all of the blame on him, and publicly excoriated him for catching a bad hydrant.

Please, man. We're letting grown ass men who have been in the league for decades make a 21 year old kid take the blame and shoulder the responsbility for a systematic organizational failure.

The kid was terrible today. That’s what happen. I want him to play better but he is digressing. Terribly mishandled by the front office. 

Archived