How much $$ are Enunwa and Robby Anderson worth?

Freemanm

I heard that there were several teams that expressed interest in Anderson before the trade deadline. Neither are #1s but they each represent different types of threats to opposing defenses, so I’d like to see them stay. How much should they get paid?

I’d like to keep both. No idea what numbers should be. I’m sure they’ll be over paid because every free agent gets over paid. But should def not break the bank. 

Oh and Enunwa over Anderson. Also just because their not “number 1s” doesn’t mean they can’t be valuable to our offense. Let’s stop running 5 yard button hooks and reverses with our deep threat?‍♂️

Enunwa is definitely more valuable. He's more well rounded and a team leader. Great possession receiver with good size.

Robby is a one trick pony. He's an elite deep threat but the degree to which he's limited has been exposed a bit this year. He simply doesn't run great routes or do much in space.

How exactly does RFA work?

Anderson is a good #3 deep threat receiver. He’s a 1 trick pony. Not as good as Desean Jackson in his prime but similar contribution to the offense. He should get no more than $8 mil per even with the cap going up. He’s not a complete receiver and that’s fine. 

Q is a much more complete/possession receiver but no better than a #2 even when healthy. Sure he flashes but it’s not consistent enough and the injuries are a concern. I’d say $10-$12 per tops for him but if he doesn’t show much the rest of the year, he needs to do a 1 year prove it deal and hope that we fix the offense in the offseason so they can show their true potential.

I’m pretty sure that both are going to move on as is any sane free agent on this toxic sh*thole of a team. Robbie has to stay next year but I don’t see either in the long term plans unless we REALLY overpay to compensate for us being a terrible franchise. 

Robby would be amazing with a top QB throwing to him. Lets be real Darnold has not played any better than a Geno, Sanchez or Petty have for us. You saw how much Robb'ys production fell when Petty replaced Mccown at the end of the year. Robby didn't suddenly become a bad WR it was because of Petty. That is why Robby hasn't been as impressive this year.

Each is worth about $4-5 bucks. $3-4 for the skin and the rest for the chemicals that make up the body.

Oh, wait, you mean as football players?

Each has an issue(s) that depletes the value of what talent they have.

Q has not shown any ability to stay on the field. In baseball, they call that the 6th tool. Same thing applies here. Can't pay top dollar if you cannot expect him to always be there

Anderson is another matter, he has size and character issues, 

That is their value now. Each would need some time to prove otherwise.

That being said, sometimes, someone overpays for something (Lexus cars, designer handbags and Amari Cooper immediately come to mind),  Maybe the Jets get lucky

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We will over pay both because we will jot able to get anyone batter in fa and will feel pressure to spend our money.  Enunwa will be especially over valued.

Enunwa’s value should be limited due to his injuries.  No way I give him a deal with a 10-11 million average.  Let someone else make that mistake.  I’m sure Maccagnan will panic though and pay Enunwa double what he’s worth.  

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

*waits to see how much Robby Anderson is overvalued by the fan base 

let him hit the open Market, he sucks.... he's inconsistent, he can't break a tackle to save his life, can't catch a contested pass, he's not a good "move the chains WR" Would be funny to see what he actually thinks he's worth since hes only capable of doing one thing .

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Enunwa’s value should be limited due to his injuries.  No way I give him a deal with a 10-11 million average.  Let someone else make that mistake.  I’m sure Maccagnan will panic though and pay Enunwa double what he’s worth.  

Enunwa has the potential to be a star, its obvious, but in true Jets form he has not reached that potential yet for numerous reasons Injuries being one of them and the Idiot Jets not knowing how to use him the other.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Robby would be amazing with a top QB throwing to him. Lets be real Darnold has not played any better than a Geno, Sanchez or Petty have for us. You saw how much Robb'ys production fell when Petty replaced Mccown at the end of the year. Robby didn't suddenly become a bad WR it was because of Petty. That is why Robby hasn't been as impressive this year.

Ignoring the fumbles and drops, yes. 

Anderson is a restricted free agent so he'll get a 1st or 2nd round tender.

Enunwa missed 2017 and a few games this year that will keep his cost down.

Maybe he gets 3 yrs / $18 million with $9 million guaranteed

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Andersen is a RFA so the Jets can slap a second round tender on him and see what the market thinks he’s worth.  If no one is willing to part with a pick for him the Jets will pay him around $3 million in 2019.  

If this is true, I have absolutely no problem bringing him back at that price. I'd be really careful about Enunwa. The easy answer is lock him up to a 3-4 year deal, but the inability to stay on the field is a issue. The fact the Jets haven't tried to extend his current deal speaks volumes. There aren't too many guys I'm worried about losing from this offense though. If they leave, they leave. Nobody's going to miss them.

3 hours ago, Freemanm said:

I heard that there were several teams that expressed interest in Anderson before the trade deadline. Neither are #1s but they each represent different types of threats to opposing defenses, so I’d like to see them stay. How much should they get paid?

1 team the Eagles and there was no serious talk. Several teams please provide a link? 

4 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I’d like to keep both. No idea what numbers should be. I’m sure they’ll be over paid because every free agent gets over paid. But should def not break the bank. 

Oh and Enunwa over Anderson. Also just because their not “number 1s” doesn’t mean they can’t be valuable to our offense. Let’s stop running 5 yard button hooks and reverses with our deep threat?‍♂️

Enunwa gets hurt every yer and it is usually for multiple games.  It will lessen his value.  Robby can go.  Lots of fast guys out there who can run 1 or 2 routes well.

Just now, jack48 said:

Enunwa gets hurt every yer and it is usually for multiple games.  It will lessen his value.  Robby can go.  Lots of fast guys out there who can run 1 or 2 routes well.  Ever notice how slow Robby looks when he is not running a "go?"

18 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Q = $

Pay this man a hefty sum. He is the Jamal Adams of the offense.

The guy has played 7 games in 2 freaking years & you want to reward him with an above average contract? Let me guess, your a Jet fan ?, these types of rewards for very little production are why the Jets are like a hampster on a wheel. 

Enunwa proved me wrong, and I now consider him a legitimate number 1...  Probably somewhere in the 20-30 best receiver in the game range, which is ok.  He's not Julio Jones elite, and never will be, but he can definitely trend towards being a top 15 receiver, which is good enough.

Anderson is a below average two, but with a number 1 level go route..  That's interesting, but it would serve us more if we had a more consistent receiver.

I think he would be a lot better if we had a slot receiver and TE threat, but is currently not ideal for this offensive system.

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

Enunwa gets hurt every yer and it is usually for multiple games.  It will lessen his value.  Robby can go.  Lots of fast guys out there who can run 1 or 2 routes well.

Not saying we have to break the bank for them. But I’d like to keep both, in hopes we get a competent HC that knows how to move an offense. 

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

let him hit the open Market, he sucks.... he's inconsistent, he can't break a tackle to save his life, can't catch a contested pass, he's not a good "move the chains WR" Would be funny to see what he actually thinks he's worth since hes only capable of doing one thing .

while I agree with not being able to break a tackle and being inconsistent, my man deff can get contested passes, either at its high point, or hand fighting. but agree with the rest. 

6 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Anderson is a good #3 deep threat receiver. He’s a 1 trick pony. Not as good as Desean Jackson in his prime but similar contribution to the offense. He should get no more than $8 mil per even with the cap going up. He’s not a complete receiver and that’s fine. 

Q is a much more complete/possession receiver but no better than a #2 even when healthy. Sure he flashes but it’s not consistent enough and the injuries are a concern. I’d say $10-$12 per tops for him but if he doesn’t show much the rest of the year, he needs to do a 1 year prove it deal and hope that we fix the offense in the offseason so they can show their true potential.

I’m pretty sure that both are going to move on as is any sane free agent on this toxic sh*thole of a team. Robbie has to stay next year but I don’t see either in the long term plans unless we REALLY overpay to compensate for us being a terrible franchise. 

These seem like reasonable projections. $8 per for Robby and $10 per for Enunwa. I’d take that over $16 per for someone like Landry. 

Archived